[GPGT] OMG! Aetos Auxiliary Police entry salary HIGHER THAN our state police SPF!

cz287cj

Reaction score
Best is u inform your supervisors in advance your situation so that they can plan accordingly. If not u may have to take time off for your studies.

Their rooster are plan monthly.

There are quite a few units having different job scope at the airport. So it depend which one u posted to.

Generally put it. Main job is to provide security, checking of personnel and screening at access control point.

You report to airport directly. You have locker there and you draw your equipment directly from there as well.

Hi All,
Sorry to side track abit.
I'm studying part time now and my classes usually start after 6pm.
Just Wana ask about part time cisco apo working at the airport.
How's the schedule planned, weekly or biweekly?
We choose anytime or we inform the dates they choose for us?

What is the job scope like, meaning where do we do at ap?

Do we report directly to ap after posted there or need to go directly to paya lebar?

Thanks alot

bedbuger

Reaction score
Thank you cz287cj for the info.

Actually I am I contemplating if I should join as part timer or full timer. Other than benefits what is there to compare or difference?

Thx :)

Part time I suppose more choice on timing comparing to full time.

Best is u inform your supervisors in advance your situation so that they can plan accordingly. If not u may have to take time off for your studies.

Their rooster are plan monthly.

There are quite a few units having different job scope at the airport. So it depend which one u posted to.

Generally put it. Main job is to provide security, checking of personnel and screening at access control point.

You report to airport directly. You have locker there and you draw your equipment directly from there as well.

cz287cj

Reaction score
Part time is about 44hrs/week. Full time depending on your rank is between 223 to 240 per week.

If u do not intend to stay long and is there just for pocket money till u complete your studies, it is better to go part time. More time for your studies and rest. For that i would say that benefits are not that important.

Full time compulsory ot include scheduled ot, early run. At times u have to sacrifice your off days to cover duties for those who need to go on leave. U have to take time off for your studies aa it is 12hours shift.

So if your deplyment is too far from your home or school, u can try request a transfer so as not ti wate too much time travelling.

Benefits are not important because u wont have much time to enjoy them.

Thank you cz287cj for the info.

Actually I am I contemplating if I should join as part timer or full timer. Other than benefits what is there to compare or difference?

Thx :)

Part time I suppose more choice on timing comparing to full time.

Goldschlager

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Part time is about 44hrs/week. Full time depending on your rank is between 223 to 240 per week.

If u do not intend to stay long and is there just for pocket money till u complete your studies, it is better to go part time. More time for your studies and rest. For that i would say that benefits are not that important.

Full time compulsory ot include scheduled ot, early run. At times u have to sacrifice your off days to cover duties for those who need to go on leave. U have to take time off for your studies aa it is 12hours shift.

So if your deplyment is too far from your home or school, u can try request a transfer so as not ti wate too much time travelling.

Benefits are not important because u wont have much time to enjoy them.

Any idea how much per hour for part timer?

kaixin18

Reaction score
Hi All,
Sorry to side track abit.
I'm studying part time now and my classes usually start after 6pm.
Just Wana ask about part time cisco apo working at the airport.
How's the schedule planned, weekly or biweekly?
We choose anytime or we inform the dates they choose for us?

What is the job scope like, meaning where do we do at ap?

Do we report directly to ap after posted there or need to go directly to paya lebar?

Thanks alot

Already got the call from SATS for contract signing. Anyone else here got it too?

Impossible . Because went down personally recently and 1 guy from recruitment told me must achieve MINIMUM 245 hours. Now i am not sure. Maybe change again. :s22:

you 3 are seriously silly. why would you join these semi-govt uniform groups? you have to
1) draw weapon which means you have to leave your home at least 2 hours before your shift
2) pass your IPPT (for armed guards)
3) have to deal with unnecessary added pressure due to being in uniform and having firearm
4) have to work with malaysians (if you're xenephobic this can be an issue)
5) stand for long hours

during uni holidays, my bf works for a small private agency, earns $3000 net as a non-armed security guard in a factory if he works for 26 days.

but during school term he works only on the fri, sat and sun nights. he's paid $120 nett per shift after CPF. He earns $360 per week x 4 =$ 1440

1) starts work at 8pm
2) wears a black polo-t, black pants and shoes
3) locks up the factory at 1030pm or after the last car has left
4) does his patrolling and clocking of the premises at certain times of the night
5) once back in the aircon guardhouse he takes out his laptop and books and studies till 3am while his malaysian partner has been sleeping since 11pm the night before and will only wake up at 6am to take over
6) sleeps till 6am, gets up, bathe and brush teeth
7) opens the main gate, waits till 8am for the morning shift person to turn up
8) goes to school for 930am lecture and ends at 1pm
9) goes home and sleep and reports for work again at 8pm

if you join the these armed uniform group you can forget about studying during work. it's a standing job. many eyes will be on you. you'll regret ever signing the contract and will become so miserable. you will start playing MC or look for ways to break the contract.

if you need a lump sum then go for it because the joining bonus is attractive and you need the money to settle your debts or get married in an expensive restaurant cos your fiancee wants it that way.

these armed uniformed groups is more suitable for malaysians. they
1) come to SG aged 24 (cos thats the minimum age for them)
2) have a ten year plan, earn $4000 to $5000 monthly and then they leave
3) they're prepared to struggle cos they want a better life in malaysia for their families and themselves.
4) unlike most locals in security line, they are very united and usually keep to themselves.

chillcat

Reaction score
you 3 are seriously silly. why would you join these semi-govt uniform groups? you have to
1) draw weapon which means you have to leave your home at least 2 hours before your shift
3) have to deal with unnecessary added pressure due to being in uniform and having firearm
5) stand for long hours

during uni holidays, my bf works for a small private agency, earns $3000 net as a non-armed security guard in a factory if he works for 26 days.

but during school term he works only on the fri, sat and sun nights. he's paid $120 nett per shift after CPF. He earns $360 per week x 4 =$ 1440

1) starts work at 8pm
4) does his patrolling and clocking of the premises at certain times of the night
5) once back in the aircon guardhouse he takes out his laptop and books and studies till 3am while his malaysian partner has been sleeping since 11pm the night before and will only wake up at 6am to take over

if you join the these armed uniform group you can forget about studying during work. it's a standing job. many eyes will be on you. you'll regret ever signing the contract and will become so miserable. you will start playing MC or look for ways to break the contract.

if you need a lump sum then go for it because the joining bonus is attractive and you need the money to settle your debts or get married in an expensive restaurant cos your fiancee wants it that way.

3) they're prepared to struggle cos they want a better life in malaysia for their families and themselves.
4) unlike most locals in security line, they are very united and usually keep to themselves.
We join because we made the choice, no one force us.
1)draw weapon which means you have to leave your home at least 2 hours before your shift
Is that very problematic?
Isnt it best to keep yourself fit? You'll be rewarded if you pass.
Unnecessary added pressure is added by our ownself not because of uniform. If you know what you're doing,there's no pressure. Firearm is part of our equipment.
5) stand for long hours
That is what most public see them doing. But thats not it. They are deployed for other duties as well which is not mainly seen by the public.
I am from the force. I have no regrets signing the contract. Its havent been miserable since day one. MC if youre really sick. didnt find ways to break the contract. i can choose to leave if i wanted to.

Last edited:

bedbuger

Reaction score
I think you shouldn't stereotype here.
Firstly there are people in this industry who love their job and passion for it.

To each individual they choose this route and yup not all are passionate and do work for money. However these jobs are tedious and not many people recognised their hard work for it.

Perhaps sitting in the office or doing some mult-million report will give you satisfaction some prefer otherwise.

Even our policeman have to go early to withdraw arms before they officially start work.

5) stand for long hours

1) starts work at 8pm

Kyoji83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
1) Non-armed security guard in a factory get paid $120 nett per shift after CPF (mean $144 per shift before CPF) is really very high in the market. Unless it is for event (night shift) for public holiday who needs manpower urgently, very unlikely any agency will offer that kind of rate.

2) Maybe locals cannot get into SPF which is the reason why they are a APO rather than Security Officer.

3) SPF do not have OT pay and a lot of 'after shift work duties' like attending grassroot events (timing may be able to plan and manage) and ambush suspect for arrest (timing unable to plan and manage) but still needs to turn up for shift work on time the next day. At least APO come with OT pay and without 'after shift work duties'.

5) stand for long hours

1) starts work at 8pm

cz287cj

Reaction score
Depend on rank they offer u. The lower your rank, the more working hours u have to clock. But like u say tgey have have jack up the working hours due to increase in salary they offer.

Impossible . Because went down personally recently and 1 guy from recruitment told me must achieve MINIMUM 245 hours. Now i am not sure. Maybe change again. :s22:

cz287cj

Reaction score
R u a ex police, spf or apo? U say u from the force but u say u tavent sign loa

We join because we made the choice, no one force us.
1)draw weapon which means you have to leave your home at least 2 hours before your shift
Is that very problematic?
Isnt it best to keep yourself fit? You'll be rewarded if you pass.
Unnecessary added pressure is added by our ownself not because of uniform. If you know what you're doing,there's no pressure. Firearm is part of our equipment.
5) stand for long hours
That is what most public see them doing. But thats not it. They are deployed for other duties as well which is not mainly seen by the public.
I am from the force. I have no regrets signing the contract. Its havent been miserable since day one. MC if youre really sick. didnt find ways to break the contract. i can choose to leave if i wanted to.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.