[GPGT] OMG! Aetos Auxiliary Police entry salary HIGHER THAN our state police SPF!

Blowpipe

Reaction score
Nowadays have too many telcos in the market to list down. Singtel, M1, Starhub, Giga, Circle Life, Grid, TPG etc...just check directly with the telco you interested.

johnx898

Reaction score
GPGT] OMG! Aetos Auxiliary Police entry salary HIGHER THAN our state police SPF!

I went for "A" & "S" interview, and both of they offer me SGT APO.
i have few questions in mind. hopping you all can advise me.

1) which is better? "A" or "S" because it seen like "S" working hour is lesser then the "A"

2)"A" SGT APO joining Bonus 10k and not 16K?

3) where can i start to study the basic Singapore laws course as i want to prepare myself.

Last edited:

Blowpipe

Reaction score

1) which is better? "A" or "S" because it seen like "S" working hour is lesser then the "A"

3) where can i start to study the basic Singapore laws course as i want to prepare myself.

Any Aetos APO to answer his qns?

bedbuger

Reaction score

S works within an airport environment whilest, A have various sites and location, banks, installations and checkpoints.

Yes is only 10k. comfirm only cpl and below is 16k for joining bonus.

The school will provide u with online notes or books depends on the individual schools.

Ograe2

Reaction score
Hi I saw on jobstreet, certis cisco is currently hiring APO, and there is a join bonus of $16k. The salary range is $2,700 to $3,640. Can I check if with degree, which will be considered for direct entry as SGT, roughly how much would the salary be?

I am a female and I am interested in APO.
But can I ask what is the difference between SPF- police and APO?

zlg913

Reaction score
Ya man, dunno is it a wise choice to join C, but I've seen a C apo in his 50s outside a bank just now

Normal la, C APO can choose to go to bank after long service in other sectors. You can request to transfer after long year of service, since bank is the easiest job and have more time. They dun care about salary at this age. After you chiong so hard, you deserve a shorter time to work right? By the way C bankguards have the lowest salary in the force, unlike A bankguards.

johnx898

Reaction score
i would like to as k the following question.

1) during training, What is the passing point for the IPPT? 51 or 61?

2) the test will be MCQ or written?

thanks you

Last edited:

Blowpipe

Reaction score
Normal la, C APO can choose to go to bank after long service in other sectors. You can request to transfer after long year of service, since bank is the easiest job and have more time. They dun care about salary at this age. After you chiong so hard, you deserve a shorter time to work right? By the way C bankguards have the lowest salary in the force, unlike A bankguards.

Not necessary. Nowadays, bankguards are normally for young Malaysian Chinese due to the salary scheme. Singaporeans young or old are assigned to other assignments unless you opt for bankguard yourself.

Lil_d3viLz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not necessary. Nowadays, bankguards are normally for young Malaysian Chinese due to the salary scheme. Singaporeans young or old are assigned to other assignments unless you opt for bankguard yourself.

I thought it is standard salary for all APO. Bank Officers are lower salary and shorter hours? $/hr still the same or much lower?

Blowpipe

Reaction score
I thought it is standard salary for all APO. Bank Officers are lower salary and shorter hours? $/hr still the same or much lower?

I never say lower salary. Just that different salary schemes for different officers depending on nationality, educational background etc.

Lil_d3viLz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I never say lower salary. Just that different salary schemes for different officers depending on nationality, educational background etc.

So there are more "favourable" salary scheme? Like young 20s 30s like to chiong $, whereas 50s 60s prefer more relaxing/lower $.

-Didn't know about certain nationality will get more(maybe Singaporeans?)

-Educational background? So a master degree like Russ would be paid more compared to a Os graduate, same rank, same nationality, same jobscope?

Blowpipe

Reaction score
Won't go into the details but is meant to be fair to all officers from different background. C recognize that there is no one size fits all hence modify to make people happy..at least prevent back grumbling.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.