[GPGT] OMG! Aetos Auxiliary Police entry salary HIGHER THAN our state police SPF!

Blowpipe

Reaction score
According to their website, Diploma holders will be considered for direct entry into SGT rank :)
However, be cautious of the Diploma thingy.. what they mean is 3 year poly full-time or 5 years part-time diploma may be accorded direct Sgt rank. Do note the diploma can be of any discipline. Have even seen nautical studies/biz/eng/science diploma joining apo.

Those taking 2 or 3 year poly/pte part-time/adv/spec dip MAY be accorded up to Cpl only. Just sharing from my observations.

Last edited:

Kljb74

Reaction score
However, be cautious of the Diploma thingy.. what they mean is 3 year poly full-time or 5 years part-time diploma may be accorded direct Sgt rank. Do note the diploma can be of any discipline. Have even seen nautical studies/biz/eng/science diploma joining apo.

Those taking 2 or 3 year poly/pte part-time/adv/spec dip MAY be accorded up to Cpl only. Just sharing from my observations.
Thanks bro... U r rite. I watapp to check and reply was pte dip n pte degree not recognise. They will take your highest LOCAL cert meaning o level for my case. Just a heads-up for those intertested ones better to check thru watapp b4 heading dwn else waste time.

Last edited:

Drifter1

Reaction score
Hi, any current APOs can advise on the job difficulty/stressfulness? Sounds cliche but isit similar to those slack jobs like security guard at condo where they sleep on e job or use handphone? Understand it depends on the type of tasks assigned to you. But just to understand the job scope better as if the job is slack kind, then 12 hour daily aint so bad..

Ive been shortlisted for medical checkup but would like to understand the job scope more as i didnt dare pose this question during interview. I wonder how one can work 12hour back to back for 6 days continuous in a week unless the job is slack kind (sleep/do yr own thing).. Anyone can enlighten me on my above question? Thanks

Last edited:

Blowpipe

Reaction score
Hi, any current APOs can advise on the job difficulty/stressfulness? Sounds cliche but isit similar to those slack jobs like security guard at condo where they sleep on e job or use handphone? Understand it depends on the type of tasks assigned to you. But just to understand the job scope better as if the job is slack kind, then 12 hour daily aint so bad..

Ive been shortlisted for medical checkup but would like to understand the job scope more as i didnt dare pose this question during interview. I wonder how one can work 12hour back to back for 6 days continuous in a week unless the job is slack kind (sleep/do yr own thing).. Anyone can enlighten me on my above question? Thanks
Is not a slack job but rather much lesser mental stress than most deskbound job. However, it can be physically demanding eg need stand for long hours under rain or shine. At time, you may need carry heavy loads. Your breaks depend on your client assignment.

On top, you need clear annual ippt/shooting. Other re-certifcation depending on your assignment also.

Handphones are not allowed to be used at duty points unless permitted.

Betrayedlove

Master Member
Reaction score
True to some extent.
I received some PMs about life and jobscopes of a APO, I will share it below. I am a ex APO so here is my daily routine last year. I will wake up at 4.30am, eat breakfast, shower and prepare, leave house at 5.30am to catch the first bus. Report at 6.45am to draw arms, and fall in for inspection for turnout and bearing. I take transport from base to deployment site to work from 8am to 8pm. Sometimes night shift team come late cause of traffic jam so usually takeover timing is around 8.40pm. Then take transport back to base to return arms. Reach base at 9.40pm. Return arms and change leave base at 10pm. Take public transport home, reach home 11.15pm. After shower and eat, it's already 12am. My wife and kids are already asleep. I only have 4 and a half hours to sleep and need to wake up at 4.30am the next morning. And the cycle goes on for the next 6 days. I was literally burned out after working 6 months, eventually i resigned. No wonder the turnover rate for this job is super high. Which job in Singapore will have around 60 to 90 ppl resign every month?

Last edited:

Drifter1

Reaction score
I received some PMs about life and jobscopes of a APO, I will share it below. I am a ex APO so here is my daily routine last year. I will wake up at 4.30am, eat breakfast, shower and prepare, leave house at 5.30am to catch the first bus. Report at 6.45am to draw arms, and fall in for inspection for turnout and bearing. I take transport from base to deployment site to work from 8am to 8pm. Sometimes night shift team come late cause of traffic jam so usually takeover timing is around 8.40pm. Then take transport back to base to return arms. Reach base at 9.40pm. Return arms and change leave base at 10pm. Take public transport home, reach home 11.15pm. After shower and eat, it's already 12am. My wife and kids are already asleep. I only have 4 and a half hours to sleep and need to wake up at 4.30am the next morning. And the cycle goes on for the next 6 days. I was literally burned out after working 6 months, eventually i resigned. No wonder the turnover rate for this job is super high. Which job in Singapore will have around 60 to 90 ppl resign every month?
Thanks for the insight Bro. Will rescind my application tomorrow morning. Dont wanna live this kind of life. If its a 5 day work week and can sleep at the base i think still tolerable. but the traveling time and 6 day work week is just too overboard. Dont make sense to go home if hours are so long, might as well camp at base like Army liddat. No wonder so few singaporeans wanna do this job. Then people still expect 100% alertness from the officers with this kind of long hour shifts.

Blowpipe

Reaction score
12 hours shift is considered normal. There are also some sectors doing 15 or 18 hours assignments due to client request.

alfonsoyy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the insight Bro. Will rescind my application tomorrow morning. Dont wanna live this kind of life. If its a 5 day work week and can sleep at the base i think still tolerable. but the traveling time and 6 day work week is just too overboard. Dont make sense to go home if hours are so long, might as well camp at base like Army liddat. No wonder so few singaporeans wanna do this job. Then people still expect 100% alertness from the officers with this kind of long hour shifts.
U can opt for 5 days work week if they have slot or part time / relief etc.
But dun expect the pay to be the same as 6 days work week one lah...

Drifter1

Reaction score
U can opt for 5 days work week if they have slot or part time / relief etc.
But dun expect the pay to be the same as 6 days work week one lah...
I have asked the HR already. They replied not possible even if staff willing to reduce salary.

alfonsoyy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Company S.
S used to have part time but their pt slot have to book online & have to be fast hand fast leg if not online or slots full in less than 10 mins. Donno y now they dun have lol

Try asking C or A. They both should still have part time / relief slots by right.

Blowpipe

Reaction score
I guess the topic of part time APO has been discussed before. Currently, only A & C have part time APO. Both are paid the same hourly rates however seems A preferred pt APO as they frequently take on ad hoc assignments. For C, their pt APO are mostly FT converted. PT APOs have more rights to choose their working days, NOT hours. However, I believed they also need to meet minimum working hours per month/quarter.

Betrayedlove

Master Member
Reaction score
Company A got more variety of choices and got many deployments for APOs. Got new interesting assignments coming up for them as well.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.