GPS or GPS cellular

Singrish

Reaction score
Looking at getting apple watch but will probably wait till watch 6 is released (sep apparently?).

Just wondering if most ppl get gps or gps cellular? Besides the difference in price of watch there is also the monthly cost of the sim card to consider. My phone is always with me & unlike some who might leave home without it eg going for jog, that’s not my case.

That said, I guess there is no point for me wasting $ on gps cellular then? Dumb question, since gps model is connected to my iphone via Bluetooth, what happens IF (unlikely but safer to ask) i decide to get wireless earphones one day?

Its not possible to connect 2 devices simultaneously to my iphone via Bluetooth right? On that topic, since TraceTogether app uses Bluetooth too, any issues if my apple watch is connected to my iphone via Bluetooth?

robertgl

Reaction score
Looking at getting apple watch but will probably wait till watch 6 is released (sep apparently?).

Just wondering if most ppl get gps or gps cellular? Besides the difference in price of watch there is also the monthly cost of the sim card to consider. My phone is always with me & unlike some who might leave home without it eg going for jog, that’s not my case.

That said, I guess there is no point for me wasting $ on gps cellular then? Dumb question, since gps model is connected to my iphone via Bluetooth, what happens IF (unlikely but safer to ask) i decide to get wireless earphones one day?

Its not possible to connect 2 devices simultaneously to my iphone via Bluetooth right? On that topic, since TraceTogether app uses Bluetooth too, any issues if my apple watch is connected to my iphone via Bluetooth?

No issues on having watch and headphones linked to phone. I still get notifications on my watch while listening to music

surferpunk

Reaction score

for me, I get gps cellular cos sometimes my phone may go flat and I would always want that option to call out in case of any emergency. also, when I jog with my apple watch gps cellular, I don't need my phone along and it will track my distance accurately.

otherwise the gps is good enough I guess. for bluetooth, there's no problem with multiple usage.

Singrish

Reaction score
for me, I get gps cellular cos sometimes my phone may go flat and I would always want that option to call out in case of any emergency. also, when I jog with my apple watch gps cellular, I don't need my phone along and it will track my distance accurately.

otherwise the gps is good enough I guess. for bluetooth, there's no problem with multiple usage.
Good point about flat battery or lost/damaged phone too I guess. Must be odd talking into your watch though. Lol

Singrish

Reaction score
Btw is the 5W charger slow? Which higher wattage apple charger is suitable for apple watch? 12W?

$29 isn’t a lot but i guess the issue is how slow it is on 5W & how fast on 12W?

Last edited:

ForumRider

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I chose GPS , as it’s definitely I carry phone around wherever I go. Also due to my work nature , it’s better to always carry iPhone with me. Considering cellular, I think chances of using cellular is very very low or minimal. So just save that money for which something I don’t use ...

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I chose GPS , as it’s definitely I carry phone around wherever I go. Also due to my work nature , it’s better to always carry iPhone with me. Considering cellular, I think chances of using cellular is very very low or minimal. So just save that money for which something I don’t use ...

You don’t workout?

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Btw is the 5W charger slow? Which higher wattage apple charger is suitable for apple watch? 12W?

$29 isn’t a lot but i guess the issue is how slow it is on 5W & how fast on 12W?

I'm not sure if a=the Apple Watch will charge anything faster than 5W given its 304mAh batt for Series 6 cellular.

I usually charge when I sleep so it's always ready when I wake up and now the Series 6 charges even faster than Series 5, and I'm using the 5W adapter with Apple's charging dock.

bendi85

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just to check, if the phone is not near the watch, the watch still can function right? Just that it is not able to receive msg and calls? If i workout in gym it can still track my calories etc?

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just to check, if the phone is not near the watch, the watch still can function right? Just that it is not able to receive msg and calls? If i workout in gym it can still track my calories etc?
can say that. yes

galliano

Master Member
Reaction score
time to renew my Singtel SIM-Only plan. Looking around now for good deals. Realise that i can’t use GOMO or even Giga for esim. Any other recommendations?

Reaction score
i got one question about apple watch!

if i buy gps version can i still receive SMS, whatsapp and all other notification on the iWatch that my iphone receive?

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i got one question about apple watch!

if i buy gps version can i still receive SMS, whatsapp and all other notification on the iWatch that my iphone receive?

Of course you can, but your watch must stay connected to your phone. Once out of bluetooth range, you won't be able to receive anything.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.