GPU/Graphics card scam alerts/checks

doofie

Reaction score
there's been a few, latest one to pop up is someone going by @lunixgamer on carousell.

Claims he is "helping" a friend who's an authorized reseller sell. Can deliver pretty much any card in 2 weeks, at prices below MSRP.

here's the catch...it's 100% payment up front.

I wonder which authorized reseller needs help selling in this current market situation...maybe we can all volunteer to help him sell also

Hi guys, please beware of Xionphobia (GadgetsGeekSg)

Posting here to warn about his several carousell accounts which he uses to perform deposit *scams/ruse* .

Carousell accounts:
Gadgetsgeeksg
techbuyer22

quick search of his accounts and you will find his hp number that he so kindly provided everyone with it.

For simplicity sake, will refer to Xionphobia/gadgetsgeeksg as gadgetsgeek.

Gadgetsgeek is a registered business with ACRA. However, his practices are bloody shady. Gadgetsgeek has been seen on HWF as user Xionphobia, who has advertised a month ago on RTX 3070 VISION sale (in which he posted his hp number). Similarly, this number is used to receive payments on his Gadgetsgeeksg carousell account. As seen on GTX 1070TI listing of techbuyer22 from a year back, you can find the same exact gadgetsgeek's number on there, proving these 3 accounts are owned by gadgetsgeek.

Now, gadgetsgeek on gadgetsgeeksg has been collecting deposit for all of his orders , claiming he is receiving stocks from CDL. techbuyer22 has been claiming that he has been getting frequent stocks for various 3080 cards with 2 weeks eta. every single person ive consulted has claimed that gadgetsgeek has NOT even fulfilled a single order, and has been constantly delaying refunds / buying time.

Personally, ive given about 8k in deposits to gadgetsgeek, in which 5k has been returned after 2 weeks of constant nagging and the rest not yet refunded. Excuses ive been receiving is that he no money, in hospital, father sick blablabla, but i only see him receiving more and more deposits from various people.

Guy is super sketchy, pls avoid

dont know what in the world he's doing with the funds, maybe gambling..

Pls avoid... Xionphobia =hypocrite (maybe scammer)

@Xionphobia care to explain?

kc9517

Reaction score
I don’t understand how your photos are proof of anything. Like that half the people of Carousell are scammers then.

Xionphobia was helping everyone here in gtechcs case. He could have scammed us further but he didn’t.

I don’t even know if he owns those accounts. In either case of him owning or not owning the accounts, I don’t see anything shady in the chat. The only person shady is you suddenly flipping and asking for refund in the chat photos. Looks like you are someone that is enraged and was affected by him. He gave you UEN. Can check if it is registered. Then make sure you pay to UEN. The seller was ready to provide you invoice as well. The seller told you both strix cards not available and yet you said you want to reserve these 2 on a msi card chat.

the only thing weird to me is the 2 weeks eta. Other than that I don’t see anything wrong. Either you are not sharing the full story for us to understand or you are being paranoid since lots of people here got scammed and you are scared as well.

if you are worried so much I suggest you get back your money. If he is not providing then you can go report to police about him.

sergdg

Reaction score
I don’t understand how your photos are proof of anything. Like that half the people of Carousell are scammers then.

Xionphobia was helping everyone here in gtechcs case. He could have scammed us further but he didn’t.

I don’t even know if he owns those accounts. In either case of him owning or not owning the accounts, I don’t see anything shady in the chat. The only person shady is you suddenly flipping and asking for refund in the chat photos. Looks like you are someone that is enraged and was affected by him. He gave you UEN. Can check if it is registered. Then make sure you pay to UEN. The seller was ready to provide you invoice as well. The seller told you both strix cards not available and yet you said you want to reserve these 2 on a msi card chat.

the only thing weird to me is the 2 weeks eta. Other than that I don’t see anything wrong. Either you are not sharing the full story for us to understand or you are being paranoid since lots of people here got scammed and you are scared as well.

if you are worried so much I suggest you get back your money. If he is not providing then you can go report to police about him.
My photos arent proof. Go and check his accounts out you will see all of them are his bc he's advertising his phone number, the same one, everywhere.

One of his Malaysian partners reached out to me, who supposedly was the one who passed me the 5k refund. Now, I don't know how credible this 'partner' is, but he claims that he helped out in chasing gtechcs SJS, and is also a friend of Albert for 15 years.

We are currently collating order info and victims and are discussing this on WA. So far, we only have 6 victims including myself with orders totalling 30k+ SGD in deposits (50%). In total we have ordered more than 50 GPUs. Albert is claiming he gets 1-2 GPUs a week, and is giving ETAs of 1-2 months for bulk orders.

Im suspecting part of his biz is legit, but he seems to be playing with deposits and cashflow. Maybe gambling or something else shady, i have no clue. He remains super inactive and always ghosts people upon collecting deposits. If you want, do PM me and ill send u proof on WA.

sergdg

Reaction score
My photos arent proof. Go and check his accounts out you will see all of them are his bc he's advertising his phone number, the same one, everywhere.

One of his Malaysian partners reached out to me, who supposedly was the one who passed me the 5k refund. Now, I don't know how credible this 'partner' is, but he claims that he helped out in chasing gtechcs SJS, and is also a friend of Albert for 15 years.

We are currently collating order info and victims and are discussing this on WA. So far, we only have 6 victims including myself with orders totalling 30k+ SGD in deposits (50%). In total we have ordered more than 50 GPUs. Albert is claiming he gets 1-2 GPUs a week, and is giving ETAs of 1-2 months for bulk orders.

Im suspecting part of his biz is legit, but he seems to be playing with deposits and cashflow. Maybe gambling or something else shady, i have no clue. He remains super inactive and always ghosts people upon collecting deposits. If you want, do PM me and ill send u proof on WA.
** Dont want to take screenshots of 'proof' because ill be doxxing then

sergdg

Reaction score
One more thing is that i suspect that he has money with SJS (gtechcs), that might be the reason why he is so determined to help out victims of gtech and also nab him. As for why SJS has his money, i do not have the slightest clue why.

Last edited:

sergdg

Reaction score
Basically, Albert here is claiming that GPUs preorder will take 1-2 months to fulfil, as he is receiving 1-2 units a week.

For me, he claimed 2 months ETA for 9 3080 cards. Take note collectively amongst ONLY 6 of us, we have over 50+ GPUs ordered. Every single one of us got the same ETA. Furthermore, you can see Albert on his alt carousell account techbuyer22 advertising 3080 GPUs with ETAs of 2 weeks. A quick look at his GTX 1070 listing which shows his phone number confirms that techbuyer22 is indeed Albert's alt carousell account.

All of us victims received the same treatment. Super enthusiastic, active and responsive seller before taking our deposits. After that, he would MIA for days straight, and only reply after you niao him for super long. Even then, all he does is feed excuses such as: Father go hospital, kena bang down by grab (?), go hospital donate blood, outside whole day, sleep too much, never see message blablabla. Do take note that whenever he gives these excuses, he's normally active on one of 3 platforms: Carousell (last seen), Whatsapp (Online status), HWF on this exact forum (last seen status).

Furthermore, few of us got the same 'i deposited to the bank but then they never process payment' bs where he claims his money is being held by the bank. After saying the payment will go thru in 2-3 days, he later gives another excuse that bank cancelled the transfer and he will trf in a few days. After 2 weeks of excuses, still no update.

sergdg

Reaction score

btw. ignore the carousell chat. i was testing him to see if he was still taking deposits for GPUs that he probably will never be able to fulfil. U can confirm from the UEN and chat history that 1. techbuyer22 is gadgetsgeeksg and 2. that techbuyer22 apparently have tons of GPU stocks coming in and was taking preorders. Simply put, its all ********. You are telling me that gadgetsgeeksg cant fulfil a single GPU order to multiple people who placed deposits with him and claims that he isnt getting ANY cards, but is still advertising the sale of GPUs with ETA of 2 weeks on his alt account? Nice.

sergdg

Reaction score
Just an update: Received 8.2k out of the 8.7k deposit paid.

sergdg

Reaction score
Just a quick update:

'partner' of gadgetsgeeksg seems really sketchy. he lost his cool and decided to block everyone of us now. Few of us have received partial refunds, with me being one of few people who received close to if not full refund. Albert has gone MIA since Friday, refusing to answer calls or texts demanding an answer. However, we have still witnessed activity on his carousell accounts.

To everyone out there, please be mindful of @gadgetsgeeksg and @techbuyer22 on carousell. Albert is currently using @techbuyer22 on carousell to take deposits for GPUs. We are suspecting that he is using the deposits to refund earlier victims, though not 100% sure of this.

sergdg

Reaction score
Sounds like another free loan saga
^ this

A friend claims that Albert told him that he has money with SJS (gtechcs), and his partner claimed that he also has money stuck with distributors. Don't know to what extent this is true considering Albert has yet to come clean with everyone on where 40k+ SGD (potentially more) has went.

doofie

Reaction score
i've yet to see xino reply on his accusation although i've seen this techbuyer22 being quite active in carousell. If what you said is really true about him, then it's quite disappointing. He goes against what he was saying of gtechcs, he even advise people not to make police report against gtechcs, i guess he probably have motive to avoid the police from freezing his bank account to release the funds gtechcs owe him. I really hope all these are false. But it's just disappointing if all these are true and i strongly advise people to just make a police report if you feel you've been scammed. Freeze his account for all i care, let the police investigate, if he's innocent then thats good, if not, at least he can't scam and people's money has a chance to be returned.

Wish i'm wrong. And it's amazing how getting a GPU to play games can turn into so much drama.... Sad world we're living in.

spaceship.pc

Reaction score
^ this

A friend claims that Albert told him that he has money with SJS (gtechcs), and his partner claimed that he also has money stuck with distributors. Don't know to what extent this is true considering Albert has yet to come clean with everyone on where 40k+ SGD (potentially more) has went.
Friend of mine recently placed a deposit with him for $1150, anyway to contact him? Can you Personally PM me also, I am unable to directly message you thanks.

doofie

Reaction score
I did a search on Xino's posting. And he had posted his mobile on a few posts in HWZ for WTS. So his mobile is actually quite publicly available.

And from this mobile number, it seems like it is indeed linked to gadgetseek

and it's indeed link to techbuyer22

well, i won't considered this as doxing as it's info available publicly on the internet and he posted it. Will be glad to remove it, if he removes it from the public pages and request from me

but quite a disappointing turn of events....

_DeS__

Reaction score

up and coming scammer

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.