GPU/Graphics card scam alerts/checks

TheIronCarrot

Reaction score
I ordered in end-November. Until now haven't arrive. End Nov I was told 8-12 weeks then in March told me no ETA. I bought Asus TUF 3080...

I did receive an legit looking invoice from them (and can verify on their online site) after other as well. But from what I see, I haven't seen any other buyers receiving order yet. Last time their hotline can call and get person to talk to and enquire status. This 2 days seems like voice machine also. Getting worried.
Try shooting them a message on lazada?

doofie

Reaction score
I shoot every month. Every month say no stock then recently say no ETA from Asus yet.

have you tried asking a refund? it's quite worrying since you ordered in November. They're supposed to honour the refund? And i noticed they actually sell other hardware besides GPU, and seems ok?

xtramadness

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
have you tried asking a refund? it's quite worrying since you ordered in November. They're supposed to honour the refund? And i noticed they actually sell other hardware besides GPU, and seems ok?
Haven't yet. Because of the price increases, they also say will be able to honor the (lower) prices (after 1 round of price increase), so if I cancel and reorder then I go back to end of "queue" and the 'higher' price also wor..

I still need to get one because the 3700x no graphic on the CPU and need the 3080 to do my modelling... cloud fees really getting out of hand...

doofie

Reaction score
@xtramadness

I actually ordered from them as well. But i only ordered because I had the backing from Lazada. I asked Lazada on the seller's pre-order practice and in the event that they bailed or is a scam, is lazada going to refund. Well, according to their email, they mentioned they will help on the refund. I've asked ITGEEK for my queue number and they mentioned mine was around 50+ but coz mine is a 3090, they mentioned may be faster to receive. I order in early April. And when i asked again in late may, they mentioned my queue number is still 50 because for April, there's no shipment. So still the same number.

Now after hearing your case, i'm not sure whether to believe them or not, lol Because you waited more than 12 weeks?

From what i've seen, the market rate on carousell for TUF 3080 is around 3K to 3.6K.

Just wondering if there's anyone who actually got any GPU from this ITGEEK? And they're still accepting pre-orders, which is quite a worrying sign considering you can't fulfil and yet taking in all these orders.

xtramadness

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
@xtramadness

I actually ordered from them as well. But i only ordered because I had the backing from Lazada. I asked Lazada on the seller's pre-order practice and in the event that they bailed or is a scam, is lazada going to refund. Well, according to their email, they mentioned they will help on the refund. I've asked ITGEEK for my queue number and they mentioned mine was around 50+ but coz mine is a 3090, they mentioned may be faster to receive. I order in early April. And when i asked again in late may, they mentioned my queue number is still 50 because for April, there's no shipment. So still the same number.

Now after hearing your case, i'm not sure whether to believe them or not, lol Because you waited more than 12 weeks?

From what i've seen, the market rate on carousell for TUF 3080 is around 3K to 3.6K.

Just wondering if there's anyone who actually got any GPU from this ITGEEK? And they're still accepting pre-orders, which is quite a worrying sign considering you can't fulfil and yet taking in all these orders.
In Jan, there was signs that 3080 order gg be quite bad because they were persuading me to change to 3090 instead saying 3080 very slow delivery and that Nvidia was prioritizing 3090 manufacturing over 3080. They had stock for 3090 back then and I regret not swapping.

I asked why continue PO, they said because they are official resellers, they will put in the order with distributor, can fulfil, just a matter of time.

Funny thing is despite them saying not receiving allocation of stock last mth, I saw some sim lim stores having it in stock, albeit at the inflated prices ... sigh

doofie

Reaction score
In Jan, there was signs that 3080 order gg be quite bad because they were persuading me to change to 3090 instead saying 3080 very slow delivery and that Nvidia was prioritizing 3090 manufacturing over 3080. They had stock for 3090 back then and I regret not swapping.

I asked why continue PO, they said because they are official resellers, they will put in the order with distributor, can fulfil, just a matter of time.

Funny thing is despite them saying not receiving allocation of stock last mth, I saw some sim lim stores having it in stock, albeit at the inflated prices ... sigh

get a queue number from them. Then monitor this queue number. then see if you still want to wait. Worse case is raise it back to Lazada if they refuse a refund.

as for the stock difference, not saying in their defense but i've heard that even when stock comes, there's so many retail shops, not all will get a piece of it from each shipment.

xtramadness

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
get a queue number from them. Then monitor this queue number. then see if you still want to wait. Worse case is raise it back to Lazada if they refuse a refund.

as for the stock difference, not saying in their defense but i've heard that even when stock comes, there's so many retail shops, not all will get a piece of it from each shipment.
I see. Hmm, I did. From Dec to now, I have moved 6 places..

kc9517

Reaction score
Actually I have been hearing that people from distributor companies are providing some stock to their employees or known people for scalping. And to think it might be true how else there are some random people on Carousell selling ready stock of few pieces at prices I would have to sell my organs to buy it. Anyway people who are planning to buy gpu at these prices. I think Xbox series X is a good alternative. You can get that and ultimate game pass for 2 years and play all you want at 4k 60fps and still save few hundred dollars. That’s what I did, very happy with that decision. Just let the scalpers lose their stock to lower value. Xbox goes for 20-30 dollars higher than OG price on Carousell and there are random stock drops on few online sites recognised by Microsoft sg.

xtramadness

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually I have been hearing that people from distributor companies are providing some stock to their employees or known people for scalping. And to think it might be true how else there are some random people on Carousell selling ready stock of few pieces at prices I would have to sell my organs to buy it. Anyway people who are planning to buy gpu at these prices. I think Xbox series X is a good alternative. You can get that and ultimate game pass for 2 years and play all you want at 4k 60fps and still save few hundred dollars. That’s what I did, very happy with that decision. Just let the scalpers lose their stock to lower value. Xbox goes for 20-30 dollars higher than OG price on Carousell and there are random stock drops on few online sites recognised by Microsoft sg.
Not everything available on amd xbox... Nvidia ftw :s13:

robolee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am not surprise if they do that i mean i dun wanna name the distro but on lazada they are scalping too recently

m0n0n0ke

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Many are paying at that ridiculous price. Willing carrots and happy sellers
Win win

xtramadness

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sure. If you want to spend the extortion prices. It’s your personal choice. Hope you get the gpu soon.
Well if u can show me how to run tensorflow codes on Xbox I'll be more than happy to flip

Gpu really more than one purpose sia

kc9517

Reaction score
Well if u can show me how to run tensorflow codes on Xbox I'll be more than happy to flip

Gpu really more than one purpose sia
Get AWS or Azure Subscription for ML training lah. Still cheaper than the extortion prices. I know GPU has got more than one purpose but it is just not worth it at the current prices. And usually your company or Organization would buy you stuff for ML unless you are an enthusiast trying to learn yourself. Install docker to load your programs into the platform so that you can shutdown your VM or other stuff online and it’s good to go.
Xbox has many games that would satisfy most people. Again as I said before, your choice. I would never pay so much money for a gpu. There are many alternatives that are cheaper. Unless you want to mine and all. Even then you can mine indirectly by investing in cryptomarket.

Unfortunately we do not have GeForce Now or Stadia in SG. Or else you should just get that subscription service for gaming and Azure for ML.

Anyway I hope you get your GPU :)

xtramadness

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Get AWS or Azure Subscription for ML training lah. Still cheaper than the extortion prices. I know GPU has got more than one purpose but it is just not worth it at the current prices. And usually your company or Organization would buy you stuff for ML unless you are an enthusiast trying to learn yourself. Install docker to load your programs into the platform so that you can shutdown your VM or other stuff online and it’s good to go.
Xbox has many games that would satisfy most people. Again as I said before, your choice. I would never pay so much money for a gpu. There are many alternatives that are cheaper. Unless you want to mine and all. Even then you can mine indirectly by investing in cryptomarket.

Unfortunately we do not have GeForce Now or Stadia in SG. Or else you should just get that subscription service for gaming and Azure for ML.

Anyway I hope you get your GPU :)
Thanks~

Currently using GCP for the models. Azure meh. Indeed 3k is really through the roof liao.

But that said, anyone else got deal with "ITGEEK" before?

babyfatty

Reaction score
Notify your bank too if you have not, as least they will be informed of the situation and can collaborate with the police.

Just checked, GTechCS carousell account has been suspended, all his active listings are taken down already
i thought i’d share with you that i reported gtechcs to carousell some time back but they refused to do anything in spite of me telling them he was a scammer!

i have the full conversation with carousell if you guys need it for the police report.

Last edited:

cmc28261212

Reaction score
i thought i’d share with you that i reported gtechcs to carousell some time back but they refused to do anything in spite of me telling them he was a scammer!

i have the full conversation with carousell if you guys need it for the police report.
just make police report.

cmc28261212

Reaction score
i believe a lot of the ppl from hardwarezone has reported, i am one of the victim and made the report last month

kc9517

Reaction score
Carousell seller emzo1657 seems shady from description of procedure to procure gpu. Be aware!!
Also, it geek anyone receive gpu?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.