GPU/Graphics card scam alerts/checks

m0n0n0ke

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Had a long read and probably saved me from being scammed on carousell for these preorders of graphic cards. I thank all who had shared their experiences and I also felt sorry for those who were victims to scams. I really want to upgrade my rig from a GTX1070 to a RTX3070. But the situation is really bad now. I guess I only have two options. To wait for future stocks (wonder how long) or simply pay scalpers’ price. I will always choose the former and be grateful my card is still working fine. I just hope people can all wait for the price to drop as the supplies goes up and demand comes down. It will be wonderful for everyone!
Same here. I can wait till 2022

kc9517

Reaction score
anyone bought from Madcow Computer on Shopee before? They prices seems very competitive but their description is all over the place. they mention lead time is 1-12 weeks but I wonder if anyone did actually receive the product?

Shop link here: https://shopee.sg/madcowcomputer?categoryId=9&itemId=5759724134
I bought from Madcow. But it was not a preorder. So not sure about that.
The price is subject to change. You can WhatsApp the number to find details. They are quite helpful in general.

m0n0n0ke

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i heard many miners start to sell their gpu already
be careful when buying 2nd hand

cmc28261212

Reaction score
I think the techgram scam cases are all referred to clementi police division delta ccs

Raigar

Reaction score
Hi all,

Its unfortunate that I came to this channel quite late. I have been one of the victim in carousell as well but for different thing, you can find the details here https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/threads/franchisor-scam-still-active-beware.6123117/

Its good that you made a police report immediately as I can see that this gtechs guy are stalling so he can scam more before going to prison.

The reason I'm posting here so I can shares with you on what you can expect moving forward or what not to do. Money wise, you can forget about the restitution. For this kind of case usually SPF will refer the case to CAD (Commercial Affair Department) and They dont have the authority to take back your money, so your money is at the scammer mercy.

At same time, Do not, I REPEAT DO NOT try to engage the scammer by any means. On my case I managed to found out my scammer is scamming again after he is out on bail. I've managed to save the new victim, but unfortunately she doesnt want to get involved further and didnt make the police report, and the police wont take my report even witg all the hard evidence I gave them, the reason its because I'm not the direct victim for this time. I decided to take the matters into my own hand and contact the scammer and told him to "Watch your back". unfortunately, the scammer used that against me and reported me to SPF, and they find this word is highly intimidating. I was taken in for questioning and might be prosecuted in future.

cheers for Singapore Justice System.

nikkiforov

Reaction score
Wanted to check on ITgeek, not a single person managed to receive a new GPU from them yet?

CuckwareZone

Reaction score
Wanted to check on ITgeek, not a single person managed to receive a new GPU from them yet?
They are a real and legit IT store but they are scummy as **** about the gpu orders.

They are taking 'preorders' even though they, like the rest of the whole world, cant obtain the product.

Its not a true scam, but its totally bait, because the sellers cant even get the gpu stock. Dont bother preordering their gpus.

The other IT products they sell are fine.

nikkiforov

Reaction score
They are a real and legit IT store but they are scummy as **** about the gpu orders.

They are taking 'preorders' even though they, like the rest of the whole world, cant obtain the product.

Its not a true scam, but its totally bait, because the sellers cant even get the gpu stock. Dont bother preordering their gpus.

The other IT products they sell are fine.
Much appreciated :)

RedFrame

Reaction score
Hi all,

Would like to report to everyone to becareful of scammer on Carousell @Lunixzzz , in which he is still selling now , link as per below:

My experience with him :

14th May - Requested for Preorder of Asus ROG Strix RTX 3080 White version. Was informed that I will get within 3 -5 weeks. ( 4th June - 18th June ). Paid SGD 2,680 to seller via Paynow Seller notified payment received and requested to communicated further in Whatsapp.

27th May - Seller informed that shipment will arrive on 9th June. I have agreed to wait.

9th June - Seller informed that shipment has been delayed until 12th June due to high arrival. I have agreed to wait.

12th June - Seller wrote a very long message to drag the delivery until 18-22th June, and inform me if i choose to refund, the process will take 5 working days. Both will coincide the same date so I agreed to wait for stock instead of refund.

21th June - Seller wrote again that there is shipment error and my stock has not arrived. I have requested for refund and agreed to wait for 5 working days (28th June) as per his rules.

28th June - Seller informed that supplier has delayed his payment and he is unable to refund me. He again attempted to drag for another day.

29th June - Seller informed me the payment will be done on 30th June.

30th June - Seller informed me that the payment will be done latest on 2nd July

2nd July - Seller informed me that the payment will be done latest on 3rd July Morning.

3rd July 12pm - There is no feedback from seller despite sending numerous messages. I am still waiting for his reply and filed to carousell. I will report to police tomorrow if it helps

I still see his reviews that some ppl got his cards, but just expect constant delay + excuses when dealing with him. You might get your card in the end, but kudos to you are able to bear the entire process.

nitterbite

Reaction score
Hi all,

Would like to report to everyone to becareful of scammer on Carousell @Lunixzzz , in which he is still selling now , link as per below:

My experience with him :

14th May - Requested for Preorder of Asus ROG Strix RTX 3080 White version. Was informed that I will get within 3 -5 weeks. ( 4th June - 18th June ). Paid SGD 2,680 to seller via Paynow Seller notified payment received and requested to communicated further in Whatsapp.

27th May - Seller informed that shipment will arrive on 9th June. I have agreed to wait.

9th June - Seller informed that shipment has been delayed until 12th June due to high arrival. I have agreed to wait.

12th June - Seller wrote a very long message to drag the delivery until 18-22th June, and inform me if i choose to refund, the process will take 5 working days. Both will coincide the same date so I agreed to wait for stock instead of refund.

21th June - Seller wrote again that there is shipment error and my stock has not arrived. I have requested for refund and agreed to wait for 5 working days (28th June) as per his rules.

28th June - Seller informed that supplier has delayed his payment and he is unable to refund me. He again attempted to drag for another day.

2nd July - Seller informed me that the payment will be done latest on 3rd July Morning.

3rd July 12pm - There is no feedback from seller despite sending numerous messages. I am still waiting for his reply and filed to carousell. I will report to police tomorrow if it helps

I still see his reviews that some ppl got his cards, but just expect constant delay + excuses when dealing with him. You might get your card in the end, but kudos to you are able to bear the entire process.
Hopefully you get your money back by end of the day. Never ever pay full amount upfront for cards on PO, heck let alone considering for PO alone isn't a good idea at all considering the shortage situation. If you do get your money back, I guess just hold off for abit until the cards come back down in price. It's happening slowly now but definitely worth waiting than risking your money!

RedFrame

Reaction score
Hi all,

My experience with him :

I would like to update the situation :

After explaining to Carousell regarding my situation and showing the conversation ( luckily Seller acknowledge my payment recieved in carousell chat, before we moved into Whatsapp ), the team removed his listing and blocked his account.

The seller then contacted me and refunded me, and keep asking me to inform carousell team to release him. Nevertheless , I am the lucky one to get my funds bk. Heard there is a massive refund on-going, so I hope the rest will not experience the same as me.

m0n0n0ke

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hopefully you get your money back by end of the day. Never ever pay full amount upfront for cards on PO, heck let alone considering for PO alone isn't a good idea at all considering the shortage situation. If you do get your money back, I guess just hold off for abit until the cards come back down in price. It's happening slowly now but definitely worth waiting than risking your money!
That guy is banned?
Didnt see his listing at all

FatalityV

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i'm requesting for a full refund for my GPU from ITGeek already. I've clarified with them. They mentioned that even though i've paid in FULL and even my invoice is X amount. When the stock come and its more expensive, they will still ask me to top up. It just doesn't sound right to me. Going to wait for 18 weeks and yet when it comes, i've to pay more. I might as well get from scalpers since the price is going to be the same X months later with the scalpers. They said they will process my full refund. Lets see if i get it then.

Actually, this is normal.

The reason is because distros wont even give a fixed price list. I have a reseller account with distros at my workplace. We are a small SME with focusing on software development, but the boss has been trying to move into building custom systems as a side project.

The reseller price list given to us didn't even come with GPUs. If you want GPU, have to ask for separate price list. And even then, the prices wont even be guaranteed even on distro side.

When we placed an order for a few 6800xt a couple of months back, distro tell us, not only cannot guarantee price, also cannot even guarantee delivery date. So actually I think it sounds more like a scam if they tell u that they can guarantee a price for a gpu that they don't have in stock yet.

When we placed our order the only place that was willing to entertain our order for GPUs was Ban Leong.

Any others here working in SIs can confirm. For us, our volume is so low that we cant even dream of getting GPUs at all.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.