GPU/Graphics card scam alerts/checks

nitterbite

Reaction score
That guy is banned?
Didnt see his listing at all
Hahahaha ya ah, I see the previous links people send about his listing click also gone. His reviews some more all when I saw a few days ago no picture was super sus then and I guess it finally blew up

raylee89

Reaction score
Hi all,

Would like to report to everyone to becareful of scammer on Carousell @Lunixzzz , in which he is still selling now , link as per below:

My experience with him :

14th May - Requested for Preorder of Asus ROG Strix RTX 3080 White version. Was informed that I will get within 3 -5 weeks. ( 4th June - 18th June ). Paid SGD 2,680 to seller via Paynow Seller notified payment received and requested to communicated further in Whatsapp.

27th May - Seller informed that shipment will arrive on 9th June. I have agreed to wait.

9th June - Seller informed that shipment has been delayed until 12th June due to high arrival. I have agreed to wait.

12th June - Seller wrote a very long message to drag the delivery until 18-22th June, and inform me if i choose to refund, the process will take 5 working days. Both will coincide the same date so I agreed to wait for stock instead of refund.

21th June - Seller wrote again that there is shipment error and my stock has not arrived. I have requested for refund and agreed to wait for 5 working days (28th June) as per his rules.

28th June - Seller informed that supplier has delayed his payment and he is unable to refund me. He again attempted to drag for another day.

29th June - Seller informed me the payment will be done on 30th June.

30th June - Seller informed me that the payment will be done latest on 2nd July

2nd July - Seller informed me that the payment will be done latest on 3rd July Morning.

3rd July 12pm - There is no feedback from seller despite sending numerous messages. I am still waiting for his reply and filed to carousell. I will report to police tomorrow if it helps

I still see his reviews that some ppl got his cards, but just expect constant delay + excuses when dealing with him. You might get your card in the end, but kudos to you are able to bear the entire process.

Hi all, do anyone else having transaction issue with this guy @Lunixzzz aka @darrenlim, my situation is almost like the same as RedFrame faced, he keep pushing and saying delay in the cards and now even refund also, requested 2 weeks ago but yet to get anything. I got to know there was someone reported to police and his account likely got frozen now.

Anyone have any idea if police will get his money and pay back to us? haiz...

nitterbite

Reaction score
Hi all, do anyone else having transaction issue with this guy @Lunixzzz aka @darrenlim, my situation is almost like the same as RedFrame faced, he keep pushing and saying delay in the cards and now even refund also, requested 2 weeks ago but yet to get anything. I got to know there was someone reported to police and his account likely got frozen now.

Anyone have any idea if police will get his money and pay back to us? haiz...
Apparently came out in news today, someone was arrested for cheating 200k. Can't be cheapneasy or the other guy because they were locked up long ago, so I'm guessing it's lunixz? His caro and everything is gone.

nitterbite

Reaction score
****... my money... Hi Nitterbite, mind to share the news here?
SINGAPORE - A 24-year-old man was arrested on Friday (July 16) for suspected involvement in at least 15 cases of e-commerce scams involving the sale of computer graphics cards.

Preliminary investigations revealed that the scams amount to more than $200,000, said the police, who received several reports early this month.

The victims said an online seller of computer graphics cards at discounted prices on Carousell failed to make deliveries after payments via bank transfers were made.

Officers from the Commercial Affairs Department identified the man and arrested him on Friday.

He will be charged in court on Saturday.

If convicted of cheating, he faces a jail term of up to 10 years and a fine.

Due to the pandemic, there has been an ongoing global shortage of computer graphics cards.

Chip manufacturers have been forced to slow or stop production, and demand for the cards has spiked.

The police say people making online purchases should take these precautions:

- Use payment options that release money to the seller only upon delivery. Avoid making advance payments or direct bank transfers to the seller.

- Be mindful that scammers may entice buyers to contact them directly through messaging platforms such as WhatsApp or WeChat by offering a better or faster deal if bank transfer payments are made directly to them. They may use a local bank account or provide a copy of an NRIC or driver's licence to make you believe that they are genuine sellers.

- Buy only from authorised sellers or reputable sources, especially for high-value items.

The public can log on to scamalert.sg or call 1800-722-6688 for more information.

Those with information on scams can call the police on 1800-255-0000 or submit details at this website.

nitterbite

Reaction score
****... my money... Hi Nitterbite, mind to share the news here?
Saw ur name in the post where I got the excerpt from, I saw it in newspaper today at first haha, just make the report first bro. The money from what I've read in the past threads usually will get back after a month or so depending if still in his account or not.

raylee89

Reaction score
Saw ur name in the post where I got the excerpt from, I saw it in newspaper today at first haha, just make the report first bro. The money from what I've read in the past threads usually will get back after a month or so depending if still in his account or not.

Thanks bro for the information. Ya i am going to make my police report later. Hopefully i can get back my money.. so sad about this.

1million23

Reaction score
Thanks bro for the information. Ya i am going to make my police report later. Hopefully i can get back my money.. so sad about this.
Hey bro, I’m also one of the victims uhh. Bought 2 gpu from him, non stop pushing back the delivery date. I went to ask around those that do reviews for him, apparently they were made to put good reviews for him as he owes them money and promised to pay them back. His name maybe “beh hang siang”instead of darren lim as what one of the reviewers told me

JaredCarrot

Reaction score
Hey bro, I’m also one of the victims uhh. Bought 2 gpu from him, non stop pushing back the delivery date. I went to ask around those that do reviews for him, apparently they were made to put good reviews for him as he owes them money and promised to pay them back. His name maybe “beh hang siang”instead of darren lim as what one of the reviewers told me
lol how did he fake his name, I am one of the victim too, after the news report of a 24 year old got caught, he went MIA. I reported to the police and they are investigating. Will drop by Cantonment Complex on Wednesday.

1million23

Reaction score
lol how did he fake his name, I am one of the victim too, after the news report of a 24 year old got caught, he went MIA. I reported to the police and they are investigating. Will drop by Cantonment Complex on Wednesday.
Haha same, uncontactable once the news report came about. I’ve also just made a police report at my NPC, they just told me they will investigate and to wait for calls from them uhh. Did the police from ur NPC told u to go cantonment? Haha i dont mind visiting cantonment to make another report.

JaredCarrot

Reaction score
Haha same, uncontactable once the news report came about. I’ve also just made a police report at my NPC, they just told me they will investigate and to wait for calls from them uhh. Did the police from ur NPC told u to go cantonment? Haha i dont mind visiting cantonment to make another report.
I made a report online I guess that’s why they ask me to go down to make a statement in person haha let’s hope we all get our money back. I’ll mention to the police that his name might be beh hang sieng. I did a quick search he is actually in a court case this “beh hang sieng”

1million23

Reaction score
I made a report online I guess that’s why they ask me to go down to make a statement in person haha let’s hope we all get our money back. I’ll mention to the police that his name might be beh hang sieng. I did a quick search he is actually in a court case this “beh hang sieng”
haha same, went to google for his name, cant find any court case on darren lim wei ping, but can find beh hang siang to be charged onSection 420 Penal Code (Cap 224, Rev Ed 2008) which is breach of trust. Let me try to upload a whatsapp convo of the reviewer and beh hang siang here

raylee89

Reaction score

l how did he fake his name, I am one of the victim too,

Haiz.. I bought 1 GPU from him, same here, non-stop pushing back the delivery date. So, he used our monies to pay for his debts... wtf...

Who the hell is Darren Lim Wei Ping, this is the name shown on paynow.

Anyway, I just made a police report online, please update here if you got any news yah. Thanks guys.

Raylor92

Reaction score
Hi bros,

Really suay I guess that we got scammed by the same person. I'm going down to make a police report too and will report back if anything happens. I don't think we'll be getting our cash back right? :/ Sigh.

Last edited:

Raylor92

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just an update. Did a police report. The officer told me if we get back the cash or not depends on if the guy has spent it already or not. Hope we keep each other updated here. Cheers! :)

noGPUnowsian

Reaction score
hi guys, made an account just to say that I got scammed too. Just made a report online. Lets keep each other updated!

nitterbite

Reaction score
haha same, went to google for his name, cant find any court case on darren lim wei ping, but can find beh hang siang to be charged onSection 420 Penal Code (Cap 224, Rev Ed 2008) which is breach of trust. Let me try to upload a whatsapp convo of the reviewer and beh hang siang here
Very free now so just did some digging as a gamer myself haha. Searched his sussposed name Beh Hang Siang on Google, came out an old Facebook post where someone tagged him (Beh hang siang). When I clicked on his profile he change his name to "Darren Youngstewie" with alot of friends from the local CS and dota community. After more searching he has a YouTube channel with dota and league gameplay, and has also liked videos from CS content creators. Based on his name "youngstewie(CS pro stewie2k)" and the timing of the charge brought on him that led to him not responding. I think it's safe to say that 98% confirm Beh Heng Siang is Darren Lim in my opinion only ah not confirm.

Raylor92

Reaction score
Very free now so just did some digging as a gamer myself haha. Searched his sussposed name Beh Hang Siang on Google, came out an old Facebook post where someone tagged him (Beh hang siang). When I clicked on his profile he change his name to "Darren Youngstewie" with alot of friends from the local CS and dota community. After more searching he has a YouTube channel with dota and league gameplay, and has also liked videos from CS content creators. Based on his name "youngstewie(CS pro stewie2k)" and the timing of the charge brought on him that led to him not responding. I think it's safe to say that 98% confirm Beh Heng Siang is Darren Lim in my opinion only ah not confirm.
Thanks for the CSI! His name is actually really confusing as I've tried googling his name and there were several misspellings from the posts above. Lol.

I found the fb profile too and his birth year matches the news that came out.

I find it funny though, did you share some mutual friends with him? Because his profile now is locked tight. Lol

nitterbite

Reaction score
Thanks for the CSI! His name is actually really confusing as I've tried googling his name and there were several misspellings from the posts above. Lol.

I found the fb profile too and his birth year matches the news that came out.

I find it funny though, did you share some mutual friends with him? Because his profile now is locked tight. Lol
Yup because I'm a gamer as well haha been in the community for quite some time and he's friends with one of the most reputable in game currency sellers around. Checked some dota 2 steam group as well and his name popped up for some related scams for in game items as well. If you want, you can drop me a pm because his number is mentioned there under the Beh name, so if it matches the number you paid to, it's confirm liao haha

nitterbite

Reaction score
Yup because I'm a gamer as well haha been in the community for quite some time and he's friends with one of the most reputable in game currency sellers around. Checked some dota 2 steam group as well and his name popped up for some related scams for in game items as well. If you want, you can drop me a pm because his number is mentioned there under the Beh name, so if it matches the number you paid to, it's confirm liao haha
Can't post screenshot here later kena pofma all hahaa

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.