GPU/Graphics card scam alerts/checks

kevancoded

Reaction score
Hi all, thank you for sharing the information on Lunixzzz. I haven't actually been able to contact him over my order these past couple of days and was wondering why he was unresponsive. I've already made a police report as per suggested. Will be following this thread closely. Thanks again!

yourstruly90

Reaction score
Same problem here for me.. I actually created a carousell post to reach out to other victims and a few people have contacted me. We have a whatsapp group now just to keep each other updated, but I guess this thread is good too. Sounds like a lot of people is involved...

if anyone is interested in the whatsapp chat, drop me a PM. thanks

Last edited:

rapidestlime

Reaction score
Guys, anyone here received updates on the gstechcs scammer case from the police or something?

Magicwalker

Reaction score
i'm requesting for a full refund for my GPU from ITGeek already. I've clarified with them. They mentioned that even though i've paid in FULL and even my invoice is X amount. When the stock come and its more expensive, they will still ask me to top up. It just doesn't sound right to me. Going to wait for 18 weeks and yet when it comes, i've to pay more. I might as well get from scalpers since the price is going to be the same X months later with the scalpers. They said they will process my full refund. Lets see if i get it then.
I did not get any full refund from IT greek they just drag the for 4 weeks still have not paid me. They asked me to absorb the transaction fee. I got order 7 card since 7 cards from them only deliver 1 card. Other cards also did not deliver since alway already 18weeks ... i asked them to refund ... they just like play me around. They not even care already ... ask me go to small claim court. I decide prepare for the worst... I making reporting police soon ... don't expect get back money

m0n0n0ke

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I did not get any full refund from IT greek they just drag the for 4 weeks still have not paid me. They asked me to absorb the transaction fee. I got order 7 card since 7 cards from them only deliver 1 card. Other cards also did not deliver since alway already 18weeks ... i asked them to refund ... they just like play me around. They not even care already ... ask me go to small claim court. I decide prepare for the worst... I making reporting police soon ... don't expect get back money
Wa... That sounds really bad

doofie

Reaction score

where did you buy the card from? Lazada? Or down to their shop to buy or website? I bought mine through Lazada. Lazada refunded me the full amount.

Magicwalker

Reaction score
where did you buy the card from? Lazada? Or down to their shop to buy or website? I bought mine through Lazada. Lazada refunded me the full amount.
Starting 1 June, IT greek don't want to refund full amount. Seller ask me absorb all the extra fee.. even i buy a lot of things from them .. now they just treat regular customer like shi...... drag for 1 months still refuse refund. Already bring the case to lazada. Once cannot settle .. police case. Seller keep blaming is lazada fault but their way doing business really not a legit.

p1002002

Reaction score

EDIT: See seller explanation below, which he also reached out to me on carousell to explain. Other buyers do you own due diligence as I ended up not buying.

Anyone has experience with hyperclockedtech at Carousell? Seem to be a red flag based on what I see:

- Claims he is reliable because he has UEN and 5 star rating
- Account only 3 months, all 5 star rating
- Provided UEN refers to a sole proprietorship (not company) set up in Apr 2021 (only 4 months), the registered address is a virtual office. Pick up location, however, is a HDB unit.
- Do not accept caroupay, claiming that carousell take away a big cut (not true, carousell protection is charged at buyer's expense, and anyway fee is only like 50 bucks).
- not willing to install the card on the spot for checking, claiming that there is no test bench (even though he also lists custom PC building services)
- when insisted, he offers either upfront full payment via paylah/bank transfer (ehhh), or making deposit before self pick up (duh, why would deposit required for self pick up, there is no risk to him at all)

EDIT: See seller explanation below, which he also reached out to me on carousell to explain. Other buyers do you own due diligence as I ended up not buying.

Last edited:

Magicwalker

Reaction score
Starting 1 June, IT greek don't want to refund full amount. Seller ask me absorb all the extra fee.. even i buy a lot of things from them .. now they just treat regular customer like shi...... drag for 1 months still refuse refund. Already bring the case to lazada. Once cannot settle .. police case. Seller keep blaming is lazada fault but their way doing business really not a legit.
Just want to update my story. I contacted Lazada support / customer services, i asking help from lazada. Lazada support helped me refunded back the full amount from IT greek. Where else .. IT greek did not contact me anymore regarding what has been done. Only IT greek asked me assorb the transaction fees rather provide a solution to solve. Thanks again for lazada and please do use credit card to paid. I fully avoid paynow or carousell for now. So many untrue story happen in cheating.

Hyperclocked Tech

Reaction score
Anyone has experience with this seller hyperclockedtech at Carousell? Seem to be a red flag based on what I see:

- Claims he is reliable because he has UEN and 5 star rating
- Account only 3 months, all 5 star rating
- Provided UEN refers to a sole proprietorship (not company) set up in Apr 2021 (only 4 months), the registered address is a virtual office. Pick up location, however, is a HDB unit.
- Do not accept caroupay, claiming that carousell take away a big cut (not true, carousell protection is charged at buyer's expense, and anyway fee is only like 50 bucks).
- not willing to install the card on the spot for checking, claiming that there is no test bench (even though he also lists custom PC building services)
- when insisted, he offers either upfront full payment via paylah/bank transfer (ehhh), or making deposit before self pick up (duh, why would deposit
Hi there, it is Hyperclocked Tech here. We have relooked at the chat for this GPU with you, our valued buyer and we would just like to clear some misconceptions here that may make us seem like a unworthy and dishonest business.

1. We agree that we are a young business as we have just started up. Though we may not be as famous or large as physical stores such as those in renowned areas in Singapore such as Sim Lim Square, we are definitely not a business that does such dishonest and petty actions of scamming people. We sincerely want to provide the best service to all our customers and that is why we would like to take this chance to address your doubts and disappointment with the way we do things.

2. Due to these tough times such as covid and a myriad of other reasons, we are unable to afford a large scale shop/physical unit and thus we had to register a virtual office solely for business mail and documents. This address has been registered with ACRA and we have also paid the additional in order to add this address as an additional address, so our HDB address IS STILL in the ACRA database. We hope this clears up any doubts on our service.

3. As for Caroupay, there were instances where there were extra fees charged to us, should it have been transaction fees or shipping fees, we will do a bit more research on it once again. Once again bringing the point that these are tough times, we are a starting business and the fact that we are selling PC parts at a rather reasonable price, we are unfortunately unable to go down any lower on the price or incur any additional expenses or this will result in a loss on our end. There were also instances where Caroupay was abused and in the end, we ended up in a loss due to the customer claiming that the product is faulty/any other issue and decide not to return it and yet, they got their money back through Caroupay. Please do not get us wrong, we are not assuming that you are not trustworthy, but rather we are just trying to be cautious. However, we also do understand the customer's point of view on this issue and we are still looking hard for a way to satisfy both parties. Of course, if the customer is willing to proceed to deal with us, we are more than willing to provide them with the most pleasant experience possible :)

4. We are unfortunately unable to break the seal of the GPU and test it before payment. Similar like how one would head to the museum to purchase an artwork, one cannot possibly ask to bring the artwork back to hang on his/her wall to see whether it looks good on the wall before making a payment. It is also not that we are unwilling to test the card, but rather our builds are BTO (build to order) unless stated otherwise so we do not have any spare rigs lying around (as said we are a small business and cannot afford too much in dead stock. We hope this clarifies the issue.

5. For this specific card that you are inquiring to purchase, it carries a lot of value and thus we do not bring in ready stock (as said, we cannot afford dead stock as we do not have much capital). Thus, the card is a card that we have to place an order for and would arrive the next working day. To prevent back-outs so we do not have dead stock as explained, we require either a deposit or a full payment if you opt for delivery (so by saying that we do not have a risk, we do, the risk of having more than 2.5k of our cashflow stuck in one GPU that most buyers choose not to purchase due to its hefty price). We do sincerely apologise that we have to go according to this arrangement but hopefully when we become a more renowned business in the future, we are able to bring in ready stocks for our customers on high end and high valueGPUs (3080 ti and 3090). Other than that, most of our GPUs are ready stock. We hope this explanation will put your mind at ease.

At Hyperclocked Tech, we aim to provide the best service possible and our target has always been to satisfy each and every need of our customer to the fullest. We hope this reply has been of use to your doubts and concerns and we thank you for your honest opinion. If anyone at all has questions about our service, feel free to contact us at hyperclockedtech (carousell profile) or @hyperclockedtech on Telegram. The email hyperclockedtech@gmail.com is also available for those who prefer communicating via email. We thank you so much for the honest opinion and hope this clarifies the issue. Thank you!

p1002002

Reaction score
@Hyperclocked Tech: Understand and thank you. I ended up not not buying so I do not have any judgement. If this was explained initially we could have worked out something (I assume you guys have stock ready from the listing description so didn't realise the concern).

Other buyers please ignore my comment and do your own due diligence.

Fumio74

Reaction score
Just want to update my story. I contacted Lazada support / customer services, i asking help from lazada. Lazada support helped me refunded back the full amount from IT greek. Where else .. IT greek did not contact me anymore regarding what has been done. Only IT greek asked me assorb the transaction fees rather provide a solution to solve. Thanks again for lazada and please do use credit card to paid. I fully avoid paynow or carousell for now. So many untrue story happen in cheating.

Hi bro i am in same situation. i waited 6months n no chance to get the particular brand 3080. Although ITgeek finally refund me they refund less the "transaction fee" of $35.

I wrote the story to Lazada and they try to pacify me with a $5 voucher.

So on the "recorded" phone i request they confirm who earned the "transaction fee"? This is because verbally ITgeek told me it was Lazada.

We really need to warn others not to buy the so called "PREORDER" from this type of unethical business practice. imagine my queue number is 100++ means eg..$2000 x 100 order = $200k they hold without risk to them at all and Lazada transaction fee is guaranteed for their platform.

oh they also verbally told be Asus decide not to honour the preorder price unilaterally so by the time even if the GPU would come we need to top up the difference.

rackgen

Master Member
Reaction score
Hello,

dumb low SES guy here.

I’m sure this is not right thread but have to ask

How do I check if second hand out of warranty PC or server good to buy and upgrade ? I don’t have lot of money so need to save slowly and upgrade after I save.

thanks in advance

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.