GPU RGB cannot light up

ethan89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Corbell,

I've purchased the MSI RTX 2080 Gaming X Trio about a month or two ago.

Just finished building my rig and to my unpleasant surprise, I realised its RGB LEDs can't light up no matter how I install/uninstall Mystic Light.

However, the GPU is detected on my system and seems to be working fine during gaming (just tried for 10-15 mins loading into a game).

I'm not a pro myself so I didn't try to use advanced tools to do benchmarks or whatsoever to diagnose if there's any other possible defects.

May I seek your assistance on this?

Thank you :s12:

Last edited:

clon22

Suspended
Reaction score
Hi Corbell,

I've purchased the MSI RTX 2080 Gaming X Trio about a month or two ago.

Just finished building my rig and to my unpleasant surprise, I realised its RGB LEDs can't light up no matter how I install/uninstall Mystic Light.

However, the GPU is detected on my system and seems to be working fine during gaming (just tried for 10-15 mins loading into a game).

I'm not a pro myself so I didn't try to use advanced tools to do benchmarks or whatsoever to diagnose if there's any other possible defects.

May I seek your assistance on this?

Thank you :s12:
The LED lights up upon powering up.
So you there should be lights by default.
If you had off them via s/w, just on it again.
Otherwise, you can being the card down for a check.

ethan89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The LED lights up upon powering up.
So you there should be lights by default.
If you had off them via s/w, just on it again.
Otherwise, you can being the card down for a check.

I see.

Well it has never lighted up since I first start my rig up... Never meddle with any software settings as well... So not sure what went wrong.

Will be bringing it down to your service centre sometime this week. Is it Blk 4012 AMK Ave 10 #06-04?

clon22

Suspended
Reaction score
I see.

Well it has never lighted up since I first start my rig up... Never meddle with any software settings as well... So not sure what went wrong.

Will be bringing it down to your service centre sometime this week. Is it Blk 4012 AMK Ave 10 #06-04?
Yup, just bring in over.
We'll test and change for you if faulty. :)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.