Grab & Go-Jek driver lip lai - Part 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Relak leh.
Strive a balance, y take so harshly on comments here.

Contract no security too.
Based on your lifestyle/situation, commerical application shld be fine for time being, short term.
Long term not appropriate, if want relak and used to being employed.
Nothing wrong with being a PHV driver. It’s an honest living.
agreed.....must overcome urself 1st b4 start

Because I believe so long one 不偷不搶 nothing wrong. But u guys right, have to take the brave first step. Haiz come this age then understand harsh reality society... :(

Sent from Xiaomi POCOPHONE F1 using GAGT

Brovale

Reaction score

Thanks for highlighting, my bad on wrong info, this company can do 3months for the Sienta Hydrid, but rental increased to $540/WK.

Yes, for newbies better try out first, go for 1week or 1mth petrol car to test out.

The one go fleet offering low excess is focus rental, but 1yr contract, Honda Freed $93/day. Even after rebate, $72/day. Remember you need to pay this on your off day Better start with those $35-50 per day petrol car first.

Why fleet partner, cause renting from them allows you to enjoy rental rebates, that's all, got nothing to do with "safer" renting nor driving platforms (please note that all vehicle can use all platforms). Why 3rd party, usually they can offer very competitive prices and more flexible terms, like lower deposit, shorter term of contract,etc.

Last edited:

Peach Tea

Suspended
Reaction score
Bring me can? Moi beggar no money for porridge. :(

Ani cham...
Come. Moi treat u jiak Msw better. Lol
PmhwrFj.jpg

Last edited:

edwinttt1978

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Inspiring. Rewarding. Loving.
Hands move, legs move, car moves, mouths move.
#jinhoetan. We keep you moving.
————-

Confessions of a Grab Driver’s Wife

Recently, Dr Walter Theseira, transport economist at the Singapore University of Social Sciences (SUSS) commented in a Channel News Asia article that having more young private hire drivers (PHVD) for the long term can raise societal issues such as significantly harming lifetime wages and career opportunities.

True as it may be, however, as a spouse to a PHVD, I’ve never been shy to tell people that my Husband is a “Grab driver”.

Back in 2015, my Husband first drove for Uber when the ride-hailing transport service launched nationwide in Singapore.

At that point of time, it was the most calculated option as we just had our first child, and staying on our own meant that we had to commute every morning from our home in Punggol to my parents’ in Woodlands to drop our baby off, before heading to work in the city.

The journey to and fro took us more than two hours each day.

Feeling like he was in a dead-end job at a company where he was underpaid and underappreciated, my Husband took a leap of faith and resigned from his desk job so that he could earn more and have more flexibility in his schedule to look after our baby.

With Uber and Grab, it was possible. He was just 30 years old then.

After becoming a PHVD, he was able to send our two daughters every morning to my parents’ place before turning on his driver app, up until they each turned 18 months. That ‘gig’ took 3 years of his life and he hasn’t looked back since.

Yes, now my Husband lacks a career path, doesn’t have any “marketable skills” for his resume, and his business degree may have been a waste of time and money; but what he did was a selfless act of sacrifice for our family.

So when people think that private hire drivers are lowly-educated, earn little to none, or can’t find employment, I really cannot take part in their misguided pity party.

Because guess what? Sometimes having a particular job is a circumstantial choice. Sometimes it’s a personal choice. Why do we need to question it? Why do we need to feel like we’re mightier than others when we work in a cushy job and an air-conditioned office, but still have to report to someone of higher authority?

As long as one works hard, sets targets and achieves his goal, any job can be a rewarding one.

But even if you have no skills or are lowly-educated, any job that pays the bills and feeds the family is good enough, and that’s all that truly matters.

So to the blue-collared workers, freelancers, and those performing ‘gig’ economy jobs, I say strive on, because even if strangers don’t know your worth, those who love you will value your earnest effort to make a good life.

In honour of Father’s Day, I thank you, dear Husband, for the sacrifices you have made for our little family. Thank you for the example you set and for your leadership in our family. We feel so lucky to have you.

https://medium.com/amcmsg/confessions-of-a-grab-drivers-wife-28df68f44c77

EthanLLL

Reaction score
Thanks for highlighting, my bad on wrong info, this company can do 3months for the Sienta Hydrid, but rental increased to $540/WK.

Yes, for newbies better try out first, go for 1week or 1mth petrol car to test out.

The one go fleet offering low excess is focus rental, but 1yr contract, Honda Freed $93/day. Even after rebate, $72/day. Remember you need to pay this on your off day Better start with those $35-50 per day petrol car first.

Why fleet partner, cause renting from them allows you to enjoy rental rebates, that's all, got nothing to do with "safer" renting nor driving platforms (please note that all vehicle can use all platforms). Why 3rd party, usually they can offer very competitive prices and more flexible terms, like lower deposit, shorter term of contract,etc.

Yes. Those who can commit and hit 100T/week consistently, better to rent from fleet partner. Those who can't, best is to find those cheap daily rental petrol cars, don't rent from fleet partner since u can't qualify for their rental rebate.

couscous

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
last week to chiong for the desired tier

Sent from kthxbye using GAGT

Brovale

Reaction score
Yes. Those who can commit and hit 100T/week consistently, better to rent from fleet partner. Those who can't, best is to find those cheap daily rental petrol cars, don't rent from fleet partner since u can't qualify for their rental rebate.
Ya, there's no free lunch, you have to "earn" your rental rebate, for Grab 100 trips for 6% of your weekly fare(newbie start from Emerald tier) and Gojek 130pts for a fixed $150 rebate.

That's why fares rate for grab is very important, like 1 of the Bro here shown recently that his weekly fares hitting only around 1.2k, meaning you only can get roughly $72 rebate. But on the bright side, when you on high tier DT, you will get 8% rebate, and when you get a good weekly fares, it's possible to hit $200+ rebates. That's almost enuff to cover your weekly rental if you are on cheaper petrol car rental.

Last edited:

ZhuTou!

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wah part 10 liao
Come in pruss one

Sent from #imalonelydriver using GAGT

DriverUnkle43

Reaction score
teksi driver betta, cdg drivers always post 5XX, 6XX on weekends

Sent from kthxbye using GAGT

Ooook...just my opinion.

I former CDG. So pls note the amounts they earn are on par with many years and hours of otr and hard lessons, luck too.

Newbies will find it harder... Or not.

That said...I always hear "even the most incompetent taxi driver can earn $100 net per day."..

.. Its not easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.