Grab & Go-Jek driver lip lai - Part 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starkism

Reaction score
Can I check with all the lao jiaos here, how much float do you usually prep before the start of the day ah? Thanks.

I don’t know about other old birds here, but personally I prepare around $45 notes ( $10x3, $5, $2x5 ) and $15 coin ($1 and $0.50)
Then in my wallet also will prepare some cash for meal n backup just in case my cash float runs out

Brovale

Reaction score
Look on the bright side, LTO also can have good thing happened. The Uber incident, back then they have the LTO mazda 3, $86 after Uber rebate $56..6yrs LTO, after Uber pull out, lots want to return the car cause no rebate and lost in income(Uber incentives was much better) until Mazda offer them $56 monthly 3yrs LTO.

d3n

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
U dun need to dp 40%

My freed i dp only 5% taking 95% loan even though interest rate high at 4.58% and 10 years loan it still cost cheaper then LTO...

Previously i was offered $90+ (daily) LTO for freed over 7 years.

$90x30x12x7= $226k!

Now my 95% loan $1152x12x10= $138k

Ya true. I understand but den not all can down 40% also.. not that I die die wan to own a car. It's just that looking for something that I dun really lose out too much while driving for few years ba

Brovale

Reaction score
Ya true. I understand but den not all can down 40% also.. not that I die die wan to own a car. It's just that looking for something that I dun really lose out too much while driving for few years ba
Remember you dun really "own" the car, you just paying the rental till the end of the COE or scrape car, just like 99yr Lease on you HDB flat. So everyone is just renting the car in different form n prices, lol.

Brovale

Reaction score
U dun need to dp 40%

My freed i dp only 5% taking 95% loan even though interest rate high at 4.58% and 10 years loan it still cost cheaper then LTO...

Previously i was offered $90+ (daily) LTO for freed over 7 years.

$90x30x12x7= $226k!

Now my 95% loan $1152x12x10= $138k

Ya they love you for taking as much loan and as long as possible, this is how car company actually making money. Bank dun loan, the come out with in-house loan, just like fleet rebate, they also hv in-house rebate, so you can rent for all plaforms rebate. Lol

Last edited:

d3n

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Simple maths in my case (freed):

Rent:

$70 (min based on market rate) x 30 days = $2100

Buy:

$1152 + $2500/12 insurance + $684/12 road tax + $150 servicing (ex cos still under warranty only 1 ws can do) = $1567

LTO:

$90x30 days = $2700

Benefits buying over rental. I can afford to rest on weekends due to lower cost.

Previously renting diff cars from $50-60+ per day in the end bought avante second hand which cost $700+ mth but scrap early due to fuel tank leak. In view of long term need, my wife side got 5 pax. If they come sg i cannot fetch all. So logically next car is mpv for my case.

Anyway in long run i still need a car which i why i buy instead. Since already jobless for so long i dun know how long more i be driving ft hence better to have own car then rental. If i lucky enough to find a new job later. I figure i can still afford the car since i can use my dest to cover to fro work. And just do 1 day in weekend. Minimally at least can cover my monthly installment without forking out from my ft job pay.

And cos i stay in jurong west i am not restricted to not finding jobs as far as changi.

Ya they love you for taking as much loan and as long as possible, this is how car company actually making money. Bank dun loan, the come out with in-house loan, just like fleet rebate, they also hv in-house rebate, so you can rent for all plaforms rebate. Lol

Last edited:

kop2311987

Reaction score
I already mention previously LTO is the worst.

The moment u gave up before the lease u lose everything.

If u can afford the installment buy else rent. Never LTO.

U go calculate 5 years how much u paid for this car before owning it. Vs buying it.

If I pay for 5 years it's around 204k. I asked about phv loan 100% for 7 years. It will be 1910mthly. So total around 160k..

I think this might not be a good comparison because of the number of years taken to clear the lto and loan is different.

kop2311987

Reaction score
Remember you dun really "own" the car, you just paying the rental till the end of the COE or scrape car, just like 99yr Lease on you HDB flat. So everyone is just renting the car in different form n prices, lol.

Ya that's why if can get back something after renting, wouldn't it be better?

Brovale

Reaction score
Simple maths in my case (freed):

Rent:

$70 (min based on market rate) x 30 days = $2100

Buy:

$1152 + $2500/12 insurance + $684/12 road tax + $150 servicing (ex cos still under warranty only 1 ws can do) = $1567

LTO:

$90x30 days = $2700

Benefits buying over rental. I can afford to rest on weekends due to lower cost.

Previously renting diff cars from $50-60+ per day in the end bought avante second hand which cost $700+ mth but scrap early due to fuel tank leak. In view of long term need, my wife side got 5 pax. If they come sg i cannot fetch all. So logically next car is mpv for my case.

Anyway in long run i still need a car which i why i buy instead. Since already jobless for so long i dun know how long more i be driving ft hence better to have own car then rental. If i lucky enough to find a new job later. I figure i can still afford the car since i can use my dest to cover to fro work. And just do 1 day in weekend. Minimally at least can cover my monthly installment without forking out from my ft job pay.

And cos i stay in jurong west i am not restricted to not finding jobs as far as changi.

That's why all Bros here tell all of you NEVER GO FOR LTO option, if can buy, then buy, if cannot, just simple rental and avoid new cars n long contract, cause you can see 1yr contract almost enough to cover your dp+1yr installments already.

Last edited:

d3n

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Work backwards

$204k-$1910x12x5= how much u saved?

What if during that 5 years period u gave up? U paid for nothing... imagine u pay until 4th year u gave up? U can actually buy a car with that amount u paid over 4 years already.

At least if u buy even u sell at a loss if u cannot afford still wun be the loss u incurred periodxmonthly u paid.

If I pay for 5 years it's around 204k. I asked about phv loan 100% for 7 years. It will be 1910mthly. So total around 160k..

I think this might not be a good comparison because of the number of years taken to clear the lto and loan is different.

Last edited:

kop2311987

Reaction score
That's why all Bros here tell all of you NEVER GO FOR LTO option, if can buy, then buy, if cannot, just simple rental and avoid new cars n long contract, cause you can see 1yr contract almost enough to cover your dp+1yr installments already.

Ya but nwadays most rental is 1 year contract....

Brovale

Reaction score
Ya that's why if can get back something after renting, wouldn't it be better?
Ya, only when you are able to COMPLETE the lease.

And Nope, cause the extra amount paid, is even enough for 2nd car already.

Normal rental, we'll able to stop anytime(take a month break) , we can change different cars.

kop2311987

Reaction score
Work backwards

$204k-$1910x12x5= how much u saved?

What if during that 5 years period u gave up? U paid for nothing... imagine u pay until 4th year u gave up? U can actually buy a car with that amount u paid over 4 years already.

At least if u buy even u sell at a loss if u cannot afford still wun be the loss u incurred periodxmonthly u paid.

Yea. But the co say if I complete 3 years den I dun wan to continue, will rebate around 10k back. Which I tot might not be a bad deal..

sanchin

Reaction score
aiya rent or buy argue till cow come home no ending de. The simplest rule is so long you need it and can afford it, rent or buy same. Just individual preferences nia. As long as you are happy with your preference and decision, it is fine...

Then some even start to argue buy new or buy old or renew coe. Rent new rent old rent premium rent 6s etc...

We can see so many variables, preferences n choices etc..

End of the day, step n go nia..

Brovale

Reaction score
I tot got 5 weeks one?

U got try ask lumens auto? Last time i rent is 3 months min

Most probably referring to "brand" new cars, the rental company common trends and practice nowadays, trying to ask you for 1yr contract.

Try to ask for 6months, if dun hv, just go next. What car you looking at? Maybe some Bros here can direct you.

If go jek fleet, Cars&Trips, Toyota Sienta Hybrid $540, 3months contract(not sure still have anot), Honda Civic Hybrid and Honda Grace Hybrid available for 6months contract,ready stock but not sure the price. All fleet partner keep saying that Hybrid Cat minimum 6months. If you are not looking at fleet rebate, there's plenty of options(Some 3rd party also hv in house rebate- but same la, must minimum contract).

Last edited:

mozaat

Reaction score
Phv tak ade midnight surcharge, that's why you see those puki mak book grab/gj and when you arrive, theres a long line of green lantern.

Hmm my last job b4 keep car was at 0010 recieved. Rifle range to pungol 15min journey $20 leh..was thinking "midnight" charge. Or cos due to lesser monks around at this time hence higher fares?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.