Grab & Go-Jek driver lip lai - Part 15

d3n

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can Singapore survive with zero taxi and phv?

Wah... say until you are doing singaporeans a favour by being PHV
In a way he is right.

what if no one wants to drive phv and taxi… then u can jolly well crammed into crowded bus and mrt.

although many of these phv drivers have a choice to look for a job but sometimes some of them prefer work timing flexibilty. I kinda miss this flexibilty but then the danger of not knowing how much I can earn the next day especially during this inflation period (petrol ex, all price goes up) jolt me back to my senses and i am glad i got a ft job….

Ec7171

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Dont sidestep the question.
Can Singapore survive or not. Obviously the answer is No.

We need different people for different roles. Dont see office roles so big. Those who work at firefighters on the site, police on patrol. Etc etc

The question is not on ME but WE drivers.

Ec7171

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

As a society, people in Singapore must learn to value the contributions of every worker in every profession and field, said Mr Wong, describing this as "the most important change".

"This means respecting all, including those in lower-income jobs, who keep society going in so many ways," he added.

"Let us all recognise them, treat them with dignity and respect, treat them kindly, never turn up our noses at anyone, and pay them well," said the Deputy Prime Minister.

This is what i try to say. But he say it in a better way. Keep the society going in so many ways!!!

Grumpy Bear

Master Member
Reaction score
Not easy to drive phv lah. Not always earn alot also. The amount u see is not 100% into their pocket.

many hidden costs:

- platform commission (20% gone)
- car maintenance (if own car and not rental)
- season parking
- petrol
- fines (sometimes)

They probably get back less then half after minus all these. And not to forget long hours also , driving 7 days if not 6 days.

been there done that glad I am out. I just do leisurely hitch to cover my car cost now. Was lucky to offload my phv car which i purchase under phv scheme when coe increase… and managed to reduce my car interest to normal car interest rate.
Got people over here say drive Grab Jin Ho Tan. If it is really that good, Grab won't need to increase their referral fees from $500 per driver to $1,400 per driver. New drivers will oso get $1,400.

Lai Lai, come back n do referral🤣

Grumpy Bear

Master Member
Reaction score
NM27ogj.jpg
This fare is not normal cheap Just Grab fare. It is for Grab6 / Grab Premium / Grab Executive. It includes the $125 incentive to drive on a Sunday between 9 am to 12 midnight and need to do 30 trips. 30 trips in 15 hours really want to Pang Sai also need to think twice. Currently, weekdays after 9.30 am Grab App is very quiet and slow. Fetch a lot of passengers still saying they only need to go back office once a month, once a week or at most 2 to 3 times per week. Downtown CBD area still no ERP, a lot of people still WFH. Came back home today and saw a Chinese couple making love in the back seat of the car, mid 30s in the multi storey car park. I think both their spouses need to go back office at home got helper🤣

Cheapo Sinkie Don't want to pay for a room in hotel 81.

d3n

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Got people over here say drive Grab Jin Ho Tan. If it is really that good, Grab won't need to increase their referral fees from $500 per driver to $1,400 per driver. New drivers will oso get $1,400.

Lai Lai, come back n do referral🤣
Wah… but then the car insurance jin ex…. My normal car (4 seater) only $1k….

d3n

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Came back home today and saw a Chinese couple making love in the back seat of the car, mid 30s in the multi storey car park. I think both their spouses need to go back office at home got helper🤣

Cheapo Sinkie Don't want to pay for a room in hotel 81.
wah free show!

Reaction score
Grab fares have been pretty low recently. Currently on the Sapphire tier now and driving a 4 seater toyota prius.
Last weekend fares were really sh***y. If you did not hit the 125 dollars 30 trip incentive, your hourly rate would be really low. I would go as far as to say that you would be doing charity for Grab and your passengers.

Not against doing charity, but to be charitable, you need to be able to afford it. We understand that people want cheap fares but phv drivers need to be able to afford it. What is the point if we help our passengers save money so that they can experience fine dining in restaurants and bistros but your family is starving at home?

tomzire

Master Member
Reaction score
Grab fares have been pretty low recently. Currently on the Sapphire tier now and driving a 4 seater toyota prius.
Last weekend fares were really sh***y. If you did not hit the 125 dollars 30 trip incentive, your hourly rate would be really low. I would go as far as to say that you would be doing charity for Grab and your passengers.

Not against doing charity, but to be charitable, you need to be able to afford it. We understand that people want cheap fares but phv drivers need to be able to afford it. What is the point if we help our passengers save money so that they can experience fine dining in restaurants and bistros but your family is starving at home?
If low fare & no customers, just go Home early and "fight another day".
No point do charity when the petrol price is so High.

Last 2 weekends, especially Sunday, fares around city only $7 to $10.
Also, don't chase after the incentive, Grab purposely put incentives during the Peak hours, yet City traffic slow/jam and low fares, how to hit 30 trips and survive?
Average, You need about 10 hours to 15 hours to hit 30 trips in order to get $100 (Latest incentive).
Not worth it lah.

Last edited:
Reaction score
If low fare & no customers, just go Home early and "fight another day".
No point do charity when the petrol price is so High.

Last 2 weekends, especially Sunday, fares around city only $7 to $10.
Also, don't chase after the incentive, Grab purposely put incentives during the Peak hours, yet City traffic slow/jam and low fares, how to hit 30 trips and survive?
Average, You need about 10 hours to 15 hours to hit 30 trips in order to get $100 (Latest incentive).
Not worth it lah.
I wonder what Grab game is. Appears that there is not enough drivers but give us what a sh**y incentive scheme. So many 7-8 min pickup now.

tomzire

Master Member
Reaction score
I wonder what Grab game is. Appears that there is not enough drivers but give us what a sh**y incentive scheme. So many 7-8 min pickup now.
Average pickup distance 2.5km to 4km.
farthest 12.6km SengKang to Yishun pickup (cancelled)
Else, 8km from Changi business Park/Tampines Mart/Loyang/Pasir Ris to Airport pick up.

Grab dynamic pricing is like their share price, lower better..lol

Last edited:

Ec7171

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Sg just open since April and nightlife fully relax recently.
Airport still not fully up yet.
WFH still on.
Now interest rate up

Demand still not stable. Some "revenge" demand might distort the real demand.

I dont expect base prices to go up until govt has done their recommendation on platform workers.

Grumpy Bear

Master Member
Reaction score
Wah… but then the car insurance jin ex…. My normal car (4 seater) only $1k….
Now Gojek oso increase its referral fees for drivers to $820 per new driver. If driving PHV really Jin Ho Tan, Grab n Gojek no need to give so much money to attract new drivers to their platform. The Q at their office will be super long already🤣

Grumpy Bear

Master Member
Reaction score

Not easy to hit 30 trips for both Sat n Sun as the jobs are counted only for trips between 9 am to 12 midnight. Total only 15 hours. 2 weeks ago the incentive given was $130. Last week was $125. This week will be $100.

Grumpy Bear

Master Member
Reaction score
Ya Sh**y incentive for weekdays oso. Mon to Wed need to do 14 trips to get $25. Timing 7 am to 9 am n 6 pm to 12 midnight. Thursday n Friday need to do 15 trips to get $30 with the same timing. Not enough drivers for certain timing and excess drivers for certain timing. Earning not stable, sometimes can drive around for 1 hour without a single ping. A lot of my friends thought that Grab App is down🤣

Grumpy Bear

Master Member
Reaction score
Sg just open since April and nightlife fully relax recently.
Airport still not fully up yet.
WFH still on.
Now interest rate up

Demand still not stable. Some "revenge" demand might distort the real demand.

I dont expect base prices to go up until govt has done their recommendation on platform workers.
Comfort raise its fare recently and all the other taxi companies follow shortly. Grab, Gojek, Tada n RYDE all looking at each other. Nobody want to make the first move n play the waiting game. Then they wonder why drivers Don't want to drive for them.

Grumpy Bear

Master Member
Reaction score
Average pickup distance 2.5km to 4km.
farthest 12.6km SengKang to Yishun pickup (cancelled)
Else, 8km from Changi business Park/Tampines Mart/Loyang/Pasir Ris to Airport pick up.

Grab dynamic pricing is like their share price, lower better..lol
12.6 km, which day of the week n what timing.

8 km, please share day n timing.

For Grab I got the 4.5 km to 5 km pick up considered very far already. Nowadays grab pick up can fight with Gojek already.

Kumar22

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My friend also tell me Grab very sneaky with incentives. You start off well then suddenly will taper off. Later get all the bo liao fares and then suddenly no fares for a good 30 min or more.
All this for that incentive.

I tell why you so bodoh. What is 125? Yes it looks good, maybe you can use it as an off day the next day. But how many trips you do -30-35? That means what each trip extra $4 nia.
You don't tell me you cannot cover back this $125, if you didn't become a slave?

Say you cut down to 20 trips max, can you earn back that 125? Maybe not, but you can come very close to it right? 100? Of course cherry pick and other methods.

But consider how much energy you say, how much lesser hours to work? Look at it as a whole. Look at it from your experience and knowledge of how the algos work and whatever patterns, sure have one

Ok take this guy show off 700, that isn't correct. That maybe a 1 day thingy. I said got 1 night from 2-6 am I earn 400 on paper - my app shows this. Really true but there is a story to it.
This guy in Hougang near GB wife place tio 4d. He wanted to do some charity giveaway
Order GM, every delivery he ask the rider change 50 for 40. That is we give him 40 in ten dollar notes, he tip us 50. I think I did like 6-7 such jobs. I thought was a scam, but end up is true he tt 50 each time for every 40 I gave. ( I also play safe, next day call Grab to inform and screenshot in case got complain)
So I earn extra 60-70 on top of each order ($9) So around 120 for that duration but the app show over 400.

1 day or 2 like this, is not everyday. You slog for that amount 1 day ,next few days you pancit, will go back down a lot. You average it out comes back to the same as any normal driver

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.