Grab & Go-Jek driver lip lai - Part 15

Grumpy Bear

Master Member
Reaction score
Friday, today low fare and far pick up.
7am until now, 5hrs only earn $99 after 20% commission deducted.

Keep car, fight another day.
Join Malaysia protest, let's go off-line!!
Nowadays Grab long distance pick up got fight with Gojek. 3.5 km to 5 km very common for ** fare.

Grumpy Bear

Master Member
Reaction score
If start driving from say 4pm to 12am or 1am possible to cover cost ? Pls advise. Too long nv drive not sure how is the grab business currently
Ask the person who had refer u back to Grab. He can show u everything on his App. Must make him work hard for him to earn his 1,600 dollars.

Grumpy Bear

Master Member
Reaction score
I am at Clementi. Grab ask me to drive to JE to pick up Pax to Pasir Ris for 22 dollars. ** fare to cancel, no need to think so much. This fare is Grab's PIG OWL fare.

mrwonderful

Reaction score
Hi, I am considering PHV for stable income, about office timings during weekdays 9 AM – 6 PM and possibly other ad-hoc timings. Got questions regarding the sign-up process, hope some kind soul can answer:
  • Is Comfort the best place to do the PHLV test?
  • Is it best I get the required medical exam and x-ray referral letter at Comfort training hub?
  • Where is the best place to do the required medical exam and x-ray? I also don’t have a printer at home, can request the clinic to help me print the checkup cert?
  • Is it required to install a car camera in case of accidents/passenger disputes?
  • Do you save much more by buying a second-hand car than leasing for 3 months/6 months?
Also, off topic, but why so much costs to be PHV driver? The non-refundable PDVL application ($40), medical checkup (~$30), PHLV training course ($160) total is you are down $200, before you even start driving?

Plus what are the benefits for a PHV driver over taxi driver? Just different promo and incentives? Isn’t it then better to apply for a taxi driver license now?

Thanks for any help!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi, I am considering PHV for stable income, about office timings during weekdays 9 AM – 6 PM and possibly other ad-hoc timings. Got questions regarding the sign-up process, hope some kind soul can answer:
  • Is it best I get the required medical exam and x-ray referral letter at Comfort training hub?
  • Where is the best place to do the required medical exam and x-ray? I also don’t have a printer at home, can request the clinic to help me print the checkup cert?
  • Is it required to install a car camera in case of accidents/passenger disputes?
  • Do you save much more by buying a second-hand car than leasing for 3 months/6 months?
Also, off topic, but why so much costs to be PHV driver? The non-refundable PDVL application ($40), medical checkup (~$30), PHLV training course ($160) total is you are down $200, before you even start driving?

Plus what are the benefits for a PHV driver over taxi driver? Just different promo and incentives? Isn’t it then better to apply for a taxi driver license now?

Thanks for any help!
PHV income is not stable.
If you looking for stable income and work during office hours PHV might not be the best for you.
You only need to take medical and x-ray if you pass the phv test.
Taking medical at Sata got discount if not wrong.
You are not allowed to install car camera inside the car to record whats occurs inside the car.
What kind of benefits are you talking about?

Last edited:

Grumpy Bear

Master Member
Reaction score

Thanks for any help!
This job is not for u if u r looking to work office hours (9 am to 6 pm). This job u need to sent people to work n sent them back home. According to Grab PIG OWL to drive during weekdays is 7 am to 9 am in the morning n 6 pm to 2 am form evening to night. Cannot work those hours, no point to come in.

razorboy

Reaction score
Guys, need some help here. On my Grab driver app under service types, there are different kinds of Grabexpress -
  • GrabExpress-Sameday 6H
  • GrabExpress - Car
  • GrabExpress- Batched Car
  • GrabExpress -FnB Car
Anyone knows what are the differences between each type of GrabExpress? Any help is much appreciated Thanks!

Ec7171

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thailand marked the highest increase in average rides per second, going up threefold from the start of the pandemic to today. Meanwhile, Singapore tracks the longest rides at 11.2 kilometers per ride on average.

FYI.

So if one week your average trip distance is more than 11.2km, then you are taking all the long trips!
If you are on MA, need better skills in cherry picking!
If you are on AA, now you know who is taking all those long trips. Hehehe

Ec7171

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Thanks for any help!

Before signing up, i think you should consider whether to take up PHV. Food delivery might earn more than PHV at those timings.

Firstly, Let say you have decided on PHV/taxi.
My personal opinion is just take TDVL even you decide to do PHV. Because TDVL can do both.

Secondly, since i say TDVL then it will be wise to go to comfort recruitment to ask further on sign up process questions you have.

Thirdly, dont commit more than 1 month on cars. So just rent for 1 month and try out at phv and see whether you are suitable or not.
On taxi or phv, you can ask yourself after that one month trial.

Lastly, we have to give before we take back $. That is the way it is run in this world. Nothing is free. You also have to incur education costs before you apply for certain jobs.

Grumpy Bear

Master Member
Reaction score
Guys, need some help here. On my Grab driver app under service types, there are different kinds of Grabexpress -
  • GrabExpress-Sameday 6H
  • GrabExpress - Car
  • GrabExpress- Batched Car
  • GrabExpress -FnB Car
Anyone knows what are the differences between each type of GrabExpress? Any help is much appreciated Thanks!
Everything you try one time then u know which is which. When Grab give you the job, it will indicate on the job card the type of jobs. Cheers!

Grumpy Bear

Master Member
Reaction score
Before signing up, i think you should consider whether to take up PHV. Food delivery might earn more than PHV at those timings.

Firstly, Let say you have decided on PHV/taxi.
My personal opinion is just take TDVL even you decide to do PHV. Because TDVL can do both.

Secondly, since i say TDVL then it will be wise to go to comfort recruitment to ask further on sign up process questions you have.

Thirdly, dont commit more than 1 month on cars. So just rent for 1 month and try out at phv and see whether you are suitable or not.
On taxi or phv, you can ask yourself after that one month trial.

Lastly, we have to give before we take back $. That is the way it is run in this world. Nothing is free. You also have to incur education costs before you apply for certain jobs.
The most famous of the Newbird was Kazuki666. He drove for only 3 weeks everyday post a very detail description of his daily drive. Met with 2 accidents n pay a lot of money as tuition fees. Not everyone is suitable for this job. PHV driving is very different from normal day-to-day driving.

Grumpy Bear

Master Member
Reaction score
Thailand marked the highest increase in average rides per second, going up threefold from the start of the pandemic to today. Meanwhile, Singapore tracks the longest rides at 11.2 kilometers per ride on average.

FYI.

So if one week your average trip distance is more than 11.2km, then you are taking all the long trips!
If you are on MA, need better skills in cherry picking!
If you are on AA, now you know who is taking all those long trips. Hehehe
More n more people are on MA. Look at the PIG OWL incentives of 5 dollars for 5 trips on weekdays. Vomit blood.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.