Grab & Go-Jek driver lip lai - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlancaTrueba

Reaction score
Many thanks! I missed morning peak hour time today (have some errands to do) so will try this tomorrow. Again, thanks for the advice.

Only started driving @ 7:30am this morning, managed to do only 3 trips by 8:45am. Since already got 3 trips and I know I can't get another 3 by the time I need to reach office, decided to switch to G and take "my destination" (to work) job to maximise morning income. Got $16 nett additional gogetter bonus for completing the 3 trips (guaranteed $40 nett / $50 gross), not bad.

18 points seems very difficult to achieve for part-time drivers like me unless I really start early on-time for the morning and evening peak hours (which is quite difficult due to family and work commitments). So I guess the best way is to target the gogetter morning and evening peak hour incentives, and switch to G for remaining and my destination jobs? But I won't be able to aim for minimum gems (90 in my case) or the $3 boost peak hour incentives on G.

Not too sure which one is better, too lazy to calculate. :s13::s13:

StormsRiders

Master Member
Reaction score
take the incentives as a bonus. as it varies lMO.

my statement is for ppl who #driveforfun and are interested in knowing how much they can nett nett nettttttt per owl... c ware i coming from?

More = bonus, Lesser = tio tua ki holland. :o

Don’t count in incentives how to accurately calculate PHV drivers income? It is always part of our game and income. Can don’t count in comm? Lol . Anyway, if incentives cannot be counted in, taxi drivers definitely earn more. GrabTaxi comm also lower.

StormsRiders

Master Member
Reaction score

BlancaTrueba

Reaction score
Don’t count in incentives how to accurately calculate PHV drivers income? It is always part of our game and income. Can don’t count in comm? Lol . Anyway, if incentives cannot be counted in, taxi drivers definitely earn more. GrabTaxi comm also lower.

Concur with this. We drive because we aim for the incentives, which thankfully is now better after GJ is coming in and offer stiff competition to G.

If we don't aim for the incentives, might as well not driving at all. Really not worth, at least for part-timer drivers like me.

Gdgame

Reaction score
Only started driving @ 7:30am this morning, managed to do only 3 trips by 8:45am. Since already got 3 trips and I know I can't get another 3 by the time I need to reach office, decided to switch to G and take "my destination" (to work) job to maximise morning income. Got $16 nett additional gogetter bonus for completing the 3 trips (guaranteed $40 nett / $50 gross), not bad.

18 points seems very difficult to achieve for part-time drivers like me unless I really start early on-time for the morning and evening peak hours (which is quite difficult due to family and work commitments). So I guess the best way is to target the gogetter morning and evening peak hour incentives, and switch to G for remaining and my destination jobs? But I won't be able to aim for minimum gems (90 in my case) or the $3 boost peak hour incentives on G.

Not too sure which one is better, too lazy to calculate. :s13::s13:

If that is the case bro, Cherry pick to max for both GJ session.

Gdgame

Reaction score
take the incentives as a bonus. as it varies lMO.

my statement is for ppl who #driveforfun and are interested in knowing how much they can nett nett nettttttt per owl... c ware i coming from?

More = bonus, Lesser = tio tua ki holland. :o

Bro can understand where you come from but l never treat incentives as bonus for PHV driving. 20% is a big cut for the cui fares we get unless cherry picking. If comm like GrabTaxi and some benefits, still ok.

Gdgame

Reaction score
The first time i did tribecar i rent 4 hrs.
First 20min check car pump petrol
Last 30-45min make way back to car pickup point, also dont dare turn on set destination cos scared return late must pay extra
Effectively drive under 3 hrs nia.

Imagine if rent 3 hrs, will be driving 2 hrs only.
Gross fares approx $50, minus commission left 40$, petrol rental maybe $25-30...
Left with how much?

Inefficient driving bro. Too much time spent on checking and going back to end point. Petrol cost is $15 max for 4 hours driving after discount esp for hybrid cars. Gross fare is way too low compare to average of $25 per hour. Last 40-60 mins should be setting destination trip depending on distance away to be on time.

I rented 4 hours session before once for peak hours. Can gross slightly over $100 in fares not counting incentives and promo last time. IMO your case is not a very good reflection of the hourly rental driving market.

BlancaTrueba

Reaction score
If that is the case bro, Cherry pick to max for both GJ session.

Noted, will do! Will aim for 6 short GJ trips 7pm-10pm tonight (don't think can target 9 unless I start earlier at 6pm, see how my work load later this evening), and then will switch to G for the remaining and my destination jobs.

Thanks!

Snakekiller

Reaction score
The first time i did tribecar i rent 4 hrs.
First 20min check car pump petrol
Last 30-45min make way back to car pickup point, also dont dare turn on set destination cos scared return late must pay extra
Effectively drive under 3 hrs nia.

Imagine if rent 3 hrs, will be driving 2 hrs only.
Gross fares approx $50, minus commission left 40$, petrol rental maybe $25-30...
Left with how much?

My math fail, don't know how to count, but I think still enough for mcnonald la...

Posted from PCWX using 🐍

Gdgame

Reaction score
Noted, will do! Will aim for 6 short GJ trips 7pm-10pm tonight (don't think can target 9 unless I start earlier at 6pm, see how my work load later this evening), and then will switch to G for the remaining and my destination jobs.

Thanks!

Actually the pick up is much faster latter in the night esp for East side heartlands..Good luck bro!

myename

Reaction score
Inefficient driving bro. Too much time spent on checking and going back to end point. Petrol cost is $15 max for 4 hours driving after discount esp for hybrid cars. Gross fare is way too low compare to average of $25 per hour. Last 40-60 mins should be setting destination trip depending on distance away to be on time.

I rented 4 hours session before once for peak hours. Can gross slightly over $100 in fares not counting incentives and promo last time. IMO your case is not a very good reflection of the hourly rental driving market.
Ya just giving example cos just now that guy say drive 8-11pm 3hrs only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.