Grab & Go-Jek driver lip lai - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

edwinttt1978

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Go on, have your say. Give feedback to LTA on street-hailing, child seats, safety of drivers, etc.
———

LTA to streamline rules governing taxis, private-hire cars

SINGAPORE - A long-awaited move to impose tighter regulations on private-hire operators is finally on the way.

The Land Transport Authority said on Thursday (Jan 24) that it is proposing to license all street-hail and ride-hail operators, "as they provide the same fundamental service of transporting commuters from point to point".

This is a stark change from the time when these newcomers arrived six years ago, when the authority viewed them as "tech companies" and not transport providers.

The LTA said on Thursday that regulations will also cover companies which provide pre-booked chauffeured services.

Observers expect changes to harmonise regulations governing taxis and private-hire players.

The LTA noted that the change will be "different from today's regulatory framework, where one set of regulations apply to taxi operators which provide both street-hail and ride-hail services, and there are no uniform regulations that apply to operators that purely provide ride-hail services".

It said a new regulatory framework "will replace the existing Taxi Service Operator Licence and Third Party Booking Registration Certificate".

The LTA is also looking at ways to improve safety, but gave no details on how it intends to do this. Preliminary statistics from motor insurers indicate road accident rates have crept up since the arrival of private-hire firms.

On the commercial side, the new regulatory framework will allow drivers freedom to drive for whomever they wish. The framework will "allow LTA to prohibit all operators from having driver exclusivity arrangements", the authority added.

The Straits Times understands the Public Transport Council will eventually see that both taxi and private-hire companies adhere to the new regulations.

When asked, the PTC said it was more appropriate for the LTA to reply.

An LTA spokesman would not comment, merely saying "more details on the review will be made available when ready".

The LTA is seeking public feedback on the proposed changes. Those who wish to have their say can do so via http://bit.ly/PCDP2P, or e-mail p2p_consultation@lta.gov.sg by Feb 21.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singap...mline-rules-governing-taxis-private-hire-cars

gn2807

Master Member
Reaction score

kl39717

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Oh dunno leh bro. That button beside the i-stop? Just need to press once to forever turn it off or like i-stop have to always turn off when start engine?

Ya the button beside istop. Have to turn off everytime engine restart. Same as istop. Basically u disable liao confirm happy driver. N i tink all these silly feature is hindering the performance of the vehicle. Tat day lut tuas 140 onwards very tough n gt burning smell. I suspect is the dsc. Lancer... 140 go to 180 so easy... Zzz

mnxmnxmnx

Reaction score
Envy those can close eyes and go to sleep within seconds.
Tried 1 week 6am chut chia but always kena those pax late for work liao vent anger on driver type.

Go back home in the afternoon to sleep but can't... Haiz...

Try not to talk to them in the early morning.

gn2807

Master Member
Reaction score
Try not to talk to them in the early morning.
Didn't even talk to them.

Kept pestering "how long?" "can go faster?" then the breathing game starts, tsk tsk all the way, maybe I suay lor, whole week kena until I give up on morning peak.

101love

Master Member
Reaction score
if kena me, they tio already...

don give up peak.... not everyday is like that one

Kept pestering "how long?" "can go faster?" then the breathing game starts, tsk tsk all the way, maybe I suay lor, whole week kena until I give up on morning peak.

Rangefighter

Master Member
Reaction score
At Orchard. But pick up at tiong bahru plaza.. cancel..
Then Cross st
I love grab deep deep

Today 4th +3

Last edited:

Snakekiller

Reaction score

I like this kind of pax, I will make him/her regret for rushing driver.

Posted from PCWX using 🐍

Gruber

Reaction score
Started at 9.15am this morning. Just finished last 26th trip for 30 points. Total nett earnings $407. Tired man. Keep car now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.