[GVGT] Dog running across cause Volvo to ebrake and SsangYong car to rear end the Volvo

kopioking

Reaction score
suppose in this situation I knock down the dog. do i need to send it to vet, or call the spca, or police/lta? who is going to foot the bill? do I have to wait for polis to come and take statement? will I be arrested if I drive away?

zzzzzzz

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
suppose in this situation I knock down the dog. do i need to send it to vet, or call the spca, or police/lta? who is going to foot the bill? do I have to wait for polis to come and take statement? will I be arrested if I drive away?
It is knock down dog need call police
:frown:

ahba_singh

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
U jam break until stop there’s alway. Risk the behind car won’t react in time
U go take lesson in driving centre , the key thing they always tell is keep a safety distance be it u front or back. No?

Ole Gunner

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I thought driving school say just knock down the dog? Or maybe is my private instructor tell me one.

ahhjiee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
follow too closely and failure to observe the peripheral traffic
the black honda fit/jazz behind possibly already saw the dog from far and/or noticed the left lane car and the volvo slowing down, and therefore braked early, demonstrating defensive driving
:frown:
Ssangyong vision of dog was blocked when it decided to cross (0:15). Nothing much he could anticipate. Just suay and never keep distance

hotamp

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
okok i will start edmw favourite regular enjoyment first, its the gov, lta fault for allowing the dog on the expressway . no fault of any drivers

Wu-Han Clan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
for the benefit of those nv drive overseas one

Most road users and dog lovers would argue that you should carry out an emergency stop for a dog.

However, if you slam your brakes on to avoid hitting a dog or cat, you may present a danger to other road users.

The car behind might crash into the back of your vehicle risking injury to you and the occupants of each vehicle. Your actions could also raise issues around who is responsible for the collision.

The driver who performed the emergency stop might be at fault if they failed to check that it was safe to do so. Equally, the person in the car behind could be to blame for not maintaining a safe distance from the car in fron
t.

The complication with emergency stops is that drivers rarely have time to consider the options. People usually brake as a knee-jerk reflex.

If you have been involved in a collision after taking evasive action to avoid hitting an animal, your case will be considered on its' individual merits.

A court will consider how reasonable your actions were. Was the animal large enough to cause damage to your vehicle? Did your actions present a greater risk of injury to your passengers or other road users?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.