Hapie Daze In BKK - Part 3

andy_meow

Master Member
Reaction score
** Information Here Maybe Outdated Liao **

Here goes, quick guide to travel to BKK ... this information may change anytime lor. Seems like October is the target for Thailand to open up for tourist.

** Don't fault my bad england. I'm better in Python :s13:
** This is just a guide. Don't take my words. READ READ READ everything on the COE/VISA.

Make sure you got all requirements and get a copier/printer. You need this for submitting soft copy and printout all the approvals.

Read all these for informations

http://www.thaiembassy.sg/
https://www.thaiembassy.sg/visa-matters-/-consular/types-of-visa
https://www.tourismthailand.org/home

And catch on the news in Thailand. At least to know what's going on.
https://www.bangkokpost.com/

Choose date you want to travel. Check if airline got flights on that day.
Do not book the flight yet. Make sure you have at least 3 weeks ahead before your flight date. Because the submission may take awhile.

1. You need a reason to travel to BKK. Mostly for all of us, you need to apply for the Special Tourist Visa. There are many other reasons for you to choose, but mostly not applicable.

https://www.thaiembassy.sg/visa-matters-/-consular/types-of-visa/special-tourist-visa-stv

2. After VISA approval, apply for Certificate Of Entry (COE). There are 2 steps for COE. Pre-approval and approval.

Submit your Passport, Insurance and VISA doc to the site, get the registration number and wait for pre-approval. Any problem, they will email you and ask you to resubmit the relevant data. Wait 3 days at least for this.

https://www.thaiembassy.sg/node/3672

COE%20Online_Page_3_0.jpg

More info
https://www.thaiembassy.sg/sites/default/files/COE Online (Eng).pdf

Buy insurance
https://thaiest.com/blog/covid-19-insurance-for-traveling-to-thailand
https://www.insubuy.com/thailand-travel-insurance/

* Insurance is refundable if you cannot get approval. Please read the terms and conditions.

Once you get your Pre-COE approval. Need to book flight and Hotel. Submit this paper again for final approval. You have 15 days only.

Airline of course is SQ lor. Make sure you book the date you applied for.

Quarantine hotels list here. They call it ASQ.

https://asq.wanderthai.com/

Submit your interest to the hotel in the list. Choose your prefer hotel. Please make many requests for different hotel so you get faster response. I take up those who response faster and also some hotels in the list are not ready for guests. Choose those on the top. Go to hotel page to view the rooms. The hotel will ask you to submit the pre-approval COE and relevant docs too

Note:
1. Compare room size sqm. You gonna stay for 10 days from April.
2. Ask if got windows, you need proper sunlight. Trust me.
3. Expensive ones got streaming movie netflix or others.
4. Some rooms got personal router (broadband to room). This is preferred, you have good speed to watch online movies and safe too. If you get fast wifi shared, make sure you get a good VPN service. Not trust leh.
5. Some hotels provide 711 buying service. This is good if you need snacks. I bought a lot of canned coffee and snacks.

Submit your flight and hotel details to COE site again for final approval within 15 days. Don't submit till last day lah, do it asap.

* same thing, refundable if COE is not approval. Read the T/C

Final, book your COVID and fit to travel test 3 days before. Usually takes 24 hours to complete. So no delay once you got approval.

There are many clinics doing the test. But you can try this, choose a clinic near you. Cost: S$210. Make sure you state you want the Fit to Travel Check too.

Covid Test

After you completed everything .... PRINT PRINT PRINT ALL. File it in a folder, you need this for every checkpoint. Any missing doc means delay for you or worse miss flight lor

Also book your hotel that you stay after Quarantine. You need this information when filling up the travel doc T.8. T.8 is downloadable from the COE website. Also need to install a APP call Thailand Plus. However, they never check the App on arrival. I talk about this App later. All this info are listed after you get your approval. A checklist you need go thru.

If you are sick or expecting a fever. DON'T TRAVEL. Many temperature check along the way. You sure kena, I see people kena stopped for personal temp check. Anyway, if you are sick, see doctor and request for refund for the trip.
Refund only applicable if you are medical unfit to travel. See the Hotel/Insurance/Flight T/C.

When you checkin on the flight counter. They will inspect your docs, so make sure your folder of the printouts are available. No boarding pass if no proper papers.

Buy Me A Beer
:s13:

Last edited:

andy_meow

Master Member
Reaction score
Changi Airport

Printout all your docs for inspection at the check in counters.

wse45yhuj8q1.jpg

wse45yhuj8q2.jpg

wse45yhuj8q3.jpg

wse45yhuj8q4.jpg

My flight got many transit passengers and thai workers. Potential COVID carrier.
Talking on flight without mask covering. Lucky me, boh tai chi :s13:

The beef stew jin ho jiak. If you scare of COVID, don't remove mask or eat the food.
wse45yhuj8q5.jpg

Last edited:

andy_meow

Master Member
Reaction score
On arrival. Please go toilet first ... else you get stuck for a while.

First checkpoint is the exit gate of flight. Temperature scan. They stop you to retake temp if abnormal.

Sit while they go thru all your docs. Prepare your folder
wse45yhuj8q11.jpg

Go take temperature check again, check doc again.
wse45yhuj8q12.jpg

At immigration gate, foreigner are separate to another queue.

Final doc. This time they take your relevant printout.
wse45yhuj8q13.jpg

If you reach this stage, all cleared liao. Final boss.
wse45yhuj8q14.jpg

Last edited:

andy_meow

Master Member
Reaction score
Exit airport immigration. Wait for hotel to pick you up. Personal will inspect your doc to know where you go, ask you sit and wait. They will wait for all then go together. So if you are early means wait wait.

Gate 10
wse45yhuj8q21.jpg

wse45yhuj8q22.jpg

wse45yhuj8q23.jpg

wse45yhuj8q24.jpg

Geeby I'm early.

Last edited:

andy_meow

Master Member
Reaction score
Check in at the hotel. Change shoes to slipper. They sanitize my luggage and bags. All wet. Knn, dripping wet. Geeby.

wse45yhuj8q31.jpg

Don't look good. Start of Quarantine.
Same as Singapore. Chair outside your room. Every meal time, meals are put on top of chair. Finished liao, put down so they clear. My room got alarm if door is opened too long.
wse45yhuj8q32.jpg

Daily twice temperature taking. You need line app to send your temperature.
Line app to order 711 and food. Install LINE APP.
wse45yhuj8q35.jpg

How to survive quarantine.

1. Netflix, HBO Go. Make sure you have good bandwidth. Check with hotel
2. Open windows for sunlight. No sunlight is depressing. Check with hotel make sure got windows. Open if possible to let in fresh air.
3. Buy a rudder exercise band from decathlon. Exercise.
4. Buy a good bluetooth speaker with bass. Play as background music all day.
5. Notebook/Tablet is a must. Bring HDMI cable to hookup TV. In Singapore. Those old TV dont even have HDMI.
6. Order snacks, eat snacks, order again
7. Wechat/Tinder with Siambu nearby
8. Right hand is your good friend or left for some ;)

Last edited:

andy_meow

Master Member
Reaction score
There are 2 COVID test during your stay. 5 day and 13 day. In Singapore, COVID test are gentler, swab are taken slowly up your nose. In BKK, they just poke it all the way up to do it fast, slight irritation but still OK. Like dig your nose all the way up.

I am not a fussy eater. Food is OK. But more expensive hotel means better meals. So do your research on the hotel. Quarantine is consider part of your holidays, so spend a bit here to enjoy the stay.

Most hotels have paid room services, so you can choose your meals in addition to the standard meal.
No Grab or Food Panda allowed.

Example of a expensive room. 47000 baht but you can really enjoy your quarantine stay here
Deluxe-3.jpg

Tips: Since they are no cleaning service during quarantine. Bring along masking tape, tape out dust and hairs on floor and bed. Very useful to removing hairs from bed/pillows.

Last edited:

starlust

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
glanced through the WOT, but thanks for sharing

still so many red tape and procedures...see till headache riaos

need quarantine 10 days??

:s13: @ the glass thermometer

andy_meow

Master Member
Reaction score
glanced through the WOT, but thanks for sharing

still so many red tape and procedures...see till headache riaos

need quarantine 10 days??

:s13: @ the glass thermometer

Its actually very confusing. I give up the first time reading the requirements.
Need to digest slowly. My guide will help you focus lor.

andy_meow

Master Member
Reaction score
About the Thailand Plus App.

This app is like tracking your GPS running background. Draining your battery.
I start it on arrival just in case they check for it. Immigration never check but perhaps they already monitoring my GPS. Not sure if this is true.

After reaching hotel. I stopped the app. I noticed that the app can be triggered by a bluetooth beacon nearby (like tracetogether). It will automatic restart the app. This happened when during my first covid test at the hotel, went to the test area and app was enabled again. My advise is to leave the app on during your stay in Thailand.

semiret

Reaction score
Thanks Andy for all the efforts to list the procedures. It's very 麻烦 to travel at this juncture. As long as the Quarantine is require a lots of us will unlikely to travel. Enjoys your stay in BKK.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.