Harbin free and easy

Lewislow1804

Reaction score
Hello all, any travel agentcy shop in sg have free and easy tour for harbin like 3 day 2 night ? I plan to travel to harbin in the next year january 4 to 7 2016. Any ideal?

beanstalk6

Reaction score
It is unlikely for you to land a tour here for a short trip to such a faraway destination. I think you will be better off buying the air tickets first and then signing up for a land tour when you get to Harbin.

Last edited:

dilphinus

Banned
Reaction score
Harbin is easy to do free & easy on your own.

The main pedestrian street isn't very big.

Better to spend more days in Harbin for the Ice Sculpture Festival.

johnsonheng

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Please go in the early afternoon to see ice sculpture.....

if got time, please go changabai Shan

Last edited:

dleodleo

Master Member
Reaction score
Hello all, any travel agentcy shop in sg have free and easy tour for harbin like 3 day 2 night ? I plan to travel to harbin in the next year january 4 to 7 2016. Any ideal?

You can book a cab. I read take taxi is cheap. I am planning to go Harbin if my Korea trip is unsuccessful in December.

You can extend to Yabuli for snow ski or xuexiang (Shuangfeng Forest Farm) for snow experience too.

I managed to find some good blogs/info. You may refer:

http://jeansoul.blogspot.sg/2013/01/harbin-21-dec-30-dec-12.html

http://wahbiang.com/2011/12/25/our-white-christmas-ii-train-rides-in-china/

http://captainhenrychay.blogspot.sg/2012/02/snow-village-cny-trip-2012.html

johnsonheng

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you into snowing, I suggest you go changbaiShan, but for the best experience, I suggest that you hire a private driver. For one way up to changbaiShan because most tour agency do not let you stay up the resort.

dleodleo

Master Member
Reaction score
Can I check does Harbin snow in December or have to depend on luck?

Wanted to go Korea in December but the air tickets is so expensive. Thinking of switching to harbin.

johnsonheng

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It snow almost every day, it super cold.

But if you go changbaiShan, it even colder

johnsonheng

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
OIC. Thanks, I'll google Changbaishan and take a look.

You go Harbin first, from there got tour package to changbaiShan, it around 4 day, trip, so do Harbin, if you go snow village, I not sure if it a 2 day trip.

m1kid85

Master Member
Reaction score
Not sure 4 Jan the ice Festive start already or not... I remember the festive starts only on the 2nd week of Jan.

Book hotels early... avoid wearing specs when in Harbin if possible.

Chang Bai Shan should go there and stay for a night. I regretted not doing that.

johnsonheng

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Even if you still at chang bai Shan, it not at the mountain, but at the town below.....

I intend to try it next time stay at a hotel near the mountain

johnsonheng

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not sure 4 Jan the ice Festive start already or not... I remember the festive starts only on the 2nd week of Jan.

Chang Bai Shan should go there and stay for a night. I regretted not doing that.

For the ice festive, every year different date, but most of them start at 2-7 January,

johnsonheng

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Why don't wear spec's

m1kid85

Master Member
Reaction score
Why don't wear spec's

Because the weather is very dry during Winter, probably for tourist like us we cannot tahan the cold and need to wear a scarf/mask to protect the nose.

When u wear specs and breathe through the mask, there will be water condensation form on the specs lens. You need to remove the specs and wipe the mist off the lens quickly. If you dun, the mist will turn into ice and you cannot see properly. Soon it will turn into ice Specs frame... then u need to go indoor and wait for the ice on the lens to melt and wipe off.

Quite troublesome. Dun underestimate the coldness in harbin.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.