HDB Resale Flat TIME-LINE Discussion

weitinq

Reaction score
like that can zhun zhun move out old place and move into new place direct?
or will have to rent somewhere for 6 months while the moving and renovations are being sorted?
:frown:

I have 3 months extension for my current place and new place seller don't need any extension. So I can still stay here while the renovations are in work ;)

weitinq

Reaction score
Had my HDB inspection yesterday and kenna a lazy inspector.

• 1pm call my husband ask him to take photo he won't come up
  • My husband never tell me.
  • 3pm I call hdb after realising he never come up. I think he don't want let hdb know he's not coming up so he tell me before 5pm will come.
  • 5mins later Then he call my husband again say why I call hdb. Then ask my husband again to just help him take photo.

ppancke

Reaction score
Hi everyone, just to contribute a bit.

Here's a bit of background. We're first-time buyers, under fiance/fiancee scheme. We're doing it entirely diy and will be buying under sole owner/essential occupier.

I am FT employed while my partner is a self-employed (own company since beginning of year) with barely any earnings (less than $1k/mth) since company is new and all profit went to company. We will be taking a bank loan and our flat will not last us till 95 as it is a 50+ year flat.

We made a few hiccups and errors in terms of sequence along the way, but in many ways, our mistakes saved us and helped us in our purchase.

FIRST-TIME SOLE BUYER (Fiance/Fiancee Scheme)
1) Option for Flat : 12th June
2) Request Valuation : 13th June
3) HDB Officers visit: 14th June
4) Valuation Result : 22nd June (matched)
5) Appeal EIP Quota: 1st July*
6) Appeal Successful / Exercise OTP : 2nd July
7) Submit Resale Application : 6th July
8) Request for Additional Documents: 7th July
9) Resale Application Accepted : 28th July
10) Endorsement of docs: Tentatively in 3 weeks time from 28th July
11) Date of resale completion: 22 Sept

* Seller agent really messed up here, he told us that the unit is Chinese eligible but when we tried to submit resale application we got a notification saying that buyer ethnic quota exceeded. Yes, we skipped the exercising OTP as we misinterpreted the HDB website. But luckily we did so and discovered this issue.

I called seller agent and found out that seller is Eurasian and we had to appeal. Seller agent did not seem keen to help even reposting the listing on propertyguru with the edited ethnic status, but I guess when he realised that we accepted the bank loan (also not in sequence, we realised) and he might need to reimburse us the 0.75% penalty, he did so. HDB was brilliantly efficient in resolving this.

Darwinson

Banned
Reaction score
Hi everyone, just to contribute a bit.

Here's a bit of background. We're first-time buyers, under fiance/fiancee scheme. We're doing it entirely diy and will be buying under sole owner/essential occupier.

I am FT employed while my partner is a self-employed (own company since beginning of year) with barely any earnings (less than $1k/mth) since company is new and all profit went to company. We will be taking a bank loan and our flat will not last us till 95 as it is a 50+ year flat.

We made a few hiccups and errors in terms of sequence along the way, but in many ways, our mistakes saved us and helped us in our purchase.

FIRST-TIME SOLE BUYER (Fiance/Fiancee Scheme)
1) Option for Flat : 12th June
2) Request Valuation : 13th June
3) HDB Officers visit: 14th June
4) Valuation Result : 22nd June (matched)
5) Appeal EIP Quota: 1st July*
6) Appeal Successful / Exercise OTP : 2nd July
7) Submit Resale Application : 6th July
8) Request for Additional Documents: 7th July
9) Resale Application Accepted : 28th July
10) Endorsement of docs: Tentatively in 3 weeks time from 28th July
11) Date of resale completion: 22 Sept

* Seller agent really messed up here, he told us that the unit is Chinese eligible but when we tried to submit resale application we got a notification saying that buyer ethnic quota exceeded. Yes, we skipped the exercising OTP as we misinterpreted the HDB website. But luckily we did so and discovered this issue.

I called seller agent and found out that seller is Eurasian and we had to appeal. Seller agent did not seem keen to help even reposting the listing on propertyguru with the edited ethnic status, but I guess when he realised that we accepted the bank loan (also not in sequence, we realised) and he might need to reimburse us the 0.75% penalty, he did so. HDB was brilliantly efficient in resolving this.
Fantastic post. Great start with the hone and company startup. Keep breaking new boundaries

wacko82

Master Member
Reaction score
Had my HDB inspection yesterday and kenna a lazy inspector.

• 1pm call my husband ask him to take photo he won't come up
  • My husband never tell me.
  • 3pm I call hdb after realising he never come up. I think he don't want let hdb know he's not coming up so he tell me before 5pm will come.
  • 5mins later Then he call my husband again say why I call hdb. Then ask my husband again to just help him take photo.
Mine, the inspector whatsapp me, as me take video and whatsapp him back.
Take video of service yard, the bomb shelter ventilation cover, and all rooms wall. That's it.

halfnode

Reaction score
maybe cause of the covid restriction of no visiting of more then 2 household per day?

weitinq

Reaction score
Mine, the inspector whatsapp me, as me take video and whatsapp him back.
Take video of service yard, the bomb shelter ventilation cover, and all rooms wall. That's it.

Mine only ask me take 4 photos:
- unit number
- service yard window
- bomb shelter 2 plates
- toilet drainage hole

maybe cause of the covid restriction of no visiting of more then 2 household per day?

My friend had her inspection last week the inspector went up and did a thorough check hahaha

Nevertheless, it's good to kenna such inspector. Fuss-free also.

zzzzzzz

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Mine only ask me take 4 photos:
- unit number
- service yard window
- bomb shelter 2 plates
- toilet drainage hole

My friend had her inspection last week the inspector went up and did a thorough check hahaha

Nevertheless, it's good to kenna such inspector. Fuss-free also.
but if u are a buyer u would hope to kana a thorough inspector for the unit u buyed
:frown:

Alibeckham

Reaction score
(Fr HDB_RESALE) Case Reference: xxxx..Your application to buy a resale flat has been accepted. Completion date is fixed on 15/09/2021. We will send you an SMS once the documents are ready for endorsement in about 3 weeks' time.

this means we will have to wait for another 3 weeks for HDB to endorse the document or we are given 3 weeks to endorse the document now? Kinda confuse.

and we are taking near parent grant, so my parents are supposed to log into the portal to accept. But this is after 3 wk or supposed to be now? Coz didn’t see anything when log into the portal..

Ejcgn21

Reaction score
(Fr HDB_RESALE) Case Reference: xxxx..Your application to buy a resale flat has been accepted. Completion date is fixed on 15/09/2021. We will send you an SMS once the documents are ready for endorsement in about 3 weeks' time.

this means we will have to wait for another 3 weeks for HDB to endorse the document or we are given 3 weeks to endorse the document now? Kinda confuse.

and we are taking near parent grant, so my parents are supposed to log into the portal to accept. But this is after 3 wk or supposed to be now? Coz didn’t see anything when log into the portal..
Hello just want to check. have u received this msg by email or sms? Thank you.

May i know also when u submitted your resale application?

Ours we submitted 30th june. No answer yet or sms or email 😕

Darwinson

Banned
Reaction score

Too early bro. You can wait next few days. Actually the postman hiding near your house. Every time he see you anxious he purposely delay. The moment you least expect , the sms will notify you of the news.
It should happen in the next few days. Chill and have fun

Last edited:

weitinq

Reaction score

3 weeks later you'll receive an sms to log in to endorse. Now they are processing the application, getting inspectors to check ur new house etc.

weitinq

Reaction score
Thought I can contribute a little. Mine is contra case

SELLING
1) Register Intent to Sell : 06 June
2) Buyer Exercise OTP : 24 June ($5000)
3) Submit Resale Application : 24 June
4) Resale Application Accepted : 20 July
5) HDB Inspection : 27 July
6) Endorsement of docs: In 3 weeks time from 20 July
7) Date of resale completion: 14 Sept

BUYING
1) Register Intent to Buy : 06 June
2) Request Valuation : 13 June
3) Valuation Result : 17 June matched
4) Exercise OTP : 23 June ($1500)
5) Submit Resale Application : 25 June
6) Resale Application Accepted : 20 July
7) Endorsement of docs: In 3 weeks time from 20 July
8) Date of resale completion: 14 Sept

My timeline as above. We submitted application on 25th June only received sms on 20 July.

You can try calling hdb then the officer In charge will email you the template reply. Then you can reply the email and ask is it any documents lacking.

My application was accepted after i email them that but she still never reply my email in the end lol

aang1971

Banned
Reaction score
Check with fellow members here

i am buying and completion is set 3rd week sept

i allow extension to seller but hdb rejected as seller is not eligible

does it mean i take over the flat during completion?

seller threatened to withdraw but i was told if by due date they did not endorse the forms, i can sue for daily interest and force seller to complete the sales via court order

do i have any liability to the sellers?

weitinq

Reaction score
Check with fellow members here

i am buying and completion is set 3rd week sept

i allow extension to seller but hdb rejected as seller is not eligible

does it mean i take over the flat during completion?

seller threatened to withdraw but i was told if by due date they did not endorse the forms, i can sue for daily interest and force seller to complete the sales via court order

do i have any liability to the sellers?

Wa I didn't know extension also need eligibility.

Supposedly yes you'll take over the flat during completion. But with him threatening etc, it will be a long fight with the legal papers etc.

Perhaps you and him can do up a private settlement to allow him extending maybe not until 3 months? Nego with the private agreement settlement?

My completion date is 14 September but seller requested to handover keys 1 week later I agreed.

Such agreement is private and HDB will not be liable you just need to take note. If you have an agent, you can discuss with your agent as well.

I believe all parties just want a smooth transaction

Ejcgn21

Reaction score
My timeline as above. We submitted application on 25th June only received sms on 20 July.

You can try calling hdb then the officer In charge will email you the template reply. Then you can reply the email and ask is it any documents lacking.

My application was accepted after i email them that but she still never reply my email in the end lol
Good morning!

I Asked my agent last night to call hdb. After calling today. We received the sms already haha

30th june submission

30th july acknowledged

24 sept completion date

Thank you guys

weitinq

Reaction score
Good morning!

I Asked my agent last night to call hdb. After calling today. We received the sms already haha

30th june submission

30th july acknowledged

24 sept completion date

Thank you guys

next anxious moment is to wait for endorsement liao hahahah

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.