HDB reveals for the first time breakdown of development costs of BTO flats, reiterates it 'doesn't apply profit margin on costs'

What do you think?

• all checked out! looks so clear now!

Votes: 27 18.1%
  • something dont seem quite right?

Votes: 116 77.9%
  • i dont give a fudge, i'm migrating anyway....

Votes: 28 18.8%

• Total voters

karang _guni

Banned
Reaction score
manufactured perennial shortage of HDB flats with yang couples having to wait for 5years after successful BTO to get their flats..

how resale prices not go higher?

daryl76

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Technically HDB is gorrect to say they lose money and as Desmond Lee claimed & I quote 'real money is involved' and paid to SLA.

Problem is, the losses are all due to land costs pegged to market price of nearby flats. If not for land costs, HDB would have reap huge profits.

Total costs per flat on average excluding ranjiao 'Land costs' = $161.5K. HDB is selling flat on avg estimated at $500K minimum (from 3rm/4rm/5rm --> $300K - $700K++, that's a blooding sucking > 300% margin, LOL. (Ref: https://www.propertyguru.com.sg/property-guides/ultimate-list-of-bto-flat-prices-54099 )

So HDB made 'loss' but SLA make gain and pass to PAP-Gov reserves as gain, though the Gov claim is reserves and 'cannot classify as profit' LOL.

Overall, Sinkies are being sucked dry under the guise of HDB making losses, LOL.

If Sinkes still continue to vote for this siao lang kaki kong kaki song PAP-Gov in next GE then...

20221207-sw-btodevelopmentcost.jpg

wow pass to reserves means not profit? den what the money classified as?

DragonBlack

Banned
Reaction score
wow pass to reserves means not profit? den what the money classified as?

Classified as locked under Reserves and cannot be touched except by the PAP-Gov lor.

Nothing to argue about when our parliament seats are rike this...

0TUf7ym.png

angel99999

Master Member
Reaction score
How is housing affordable? When we have to get loans and slog for the next 20 to 30 years without stopping.
It's like I have $1000 in my bank, but the Rolex watch costing $20,000 is affordable, I just have to keep working the next 10 years of my life to repay the watch 🤣

mxkxmx

Master Member
Reaction score
If you exclude land costs and take building costs into account, $2b divided by 13,056 unit comes up to $148k per unit?

Not sure what the average HDB sale price is but it’s probably safe to say most of the loss probably comes from HDB paying government reserves.
$148k construction cost per flat is quite correct, it includes the multi storey carpark, small park and common facilities.

3 room flat lesser than $148k and 5 room flat is more.

delfina

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thought Indranee say the breakdown is not meaningful? Why the change of heart?

Means having opposition ask difficult questions is useful after all? :(
Show also wrong, don’t show also wrong :(

wisewise

Banned
Reaction score
Smlj breakdown is this? We need to know the building cost breakdown. material cost like lifts, bin center etc…..

wisewise

Banned
Reaction score
$148k construction cost per flat is quite correct, it includes the multi storey carpark, small park and common facilities.

3 room flat lesser than $148k and 5 room flat is more.
Not transparent enough.

daryl76

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Classified as locked under Reserves and cannot be touched except by the PAP-Gov lor.

Nothing to argue about when our parliament seats are rike this...

0TUf7ym.png
power lah papa
just name it differently means cannot touch it

large.

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Govt should also impose different sales structure for Sg, PR and Non SG buying and selling of HDB flats as the Govt rightfully point out, these flats ownership are for Singaporeans.
The group "Locals" or "Residents".

large.

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
manufactured perennial shortage of HDB flats with yang couples having to wait for 5years after successful BTO to get their flats..

how resale prices not go higher?
It is weird that the reopening after COVID does not help the construction industry. 5 years is really very long. Assuming the couple had a child the moment they balloted the house successfully, the child is already in the nursery class at the point of moving in.

jeffrey745

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This is a very good idea.

Lowers cost for true blue sinkies.

For PRs who chose to become a citizen after long enlistment age when they have been here since childhood (the common JHK tactic), then buy it at inflated price.

But many of them wanna sell at high prices and profit from it ,how ?

testart

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
有人说 “人民可以负担的起这个价格因为人民现在的收入比以前高很多”

这到底是什么态度呀

如果你能保持较低的建设成本,你做到了,那你为什么一直在注意人民的收入?

satayxp

Banned
Reaction score
Show also wrong, don’t show also wrong :(

u call this show?
throw out a big chunk of figures with no specific context is call show?
how abt start with the amk $800k bto n breakdown its costs specifically? den we talk

satayxp

Banned
Reaction score
有人说 “人民可以负担的起这个价格因为人民现在的收入比以前高很多”

这到底是什么态度呀

如果你能保持较低的建设成本,你做到了,那你为什么一直在注意人民的收入?

因为 hor 他利用他自己订的高地价来胡你说他“亏本”
他以为国人很容易骗啦 ~~

radish

Emeritus Honorary Member
Reaction score
https://www.straitstimes.com/singap...-month-in-nov-fewer-million-dollar-flats-sold
SINGAPORE - Prices of Housing Board resale flats inched up for the 29th straight month in November, with more units changing hands as the market adjusted to the latest round of cooling measures.

HDB resale flat prices grew at a slightly faster pace of 0.6 per cent in November compared with October’s 0.5 per cent, according to flash data from real estate portals 99.co and SRX on Thursday.

Prices were up 10 per cent year on year.

The number of HDB resale flats sold rebounded in November, rising by 8.9 per cent to an estimated 2,140 units, reversing the 24.1 per cent decline seen the month before.

However, compared with November 2021, transactions were down by 17.3 per cent.

Property analysts attributed the momentum gain to buyers returning to the market, after having digested the cooling measures that kicked in on Sept 30.

Ms Christine Sun, senior vice-president of research and analytics at OrangeTee & Tie, said buyers could have brought forward purchases ahead of the December holiday period and Chinese New Year.

yobyella

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How is housing affordable? When we have to get loans and slog for the next 20 to 30 years without stopping.
It's like I have $1000 in my bank, but the Rolex watch costing $20,000 is affordable, I just have to keep working the next 10 years of my life to repay the watch 🤣

True. Affordable means cheap. Fully paid. No instalment. No loan.

kitaeshi

Master Member
Reaction score
We can't compare few k a mth salary Vs 10k to 100k a mth salary of those political holder, unless they are in the same salary range with us or else the price will just goes up n up.. coz they dun feel the pain. Same as Coe, their salary a mth can afford them to chg car every mth.

kitaeshi

Master Member
Reaction score
If all the RM size bto price become less than 100k range, u see the price of hdb will drop a not. The govt only think of making hdb price more exp n add in measure to sux more money from the resale flat n give fix amt of subsidy for hdb owner but while tax % on the resale price.. n every 1% increase in stamp duty is enough to cover those cheap fixed subsidy .

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.