Help... is anybody using Linksys router? Are u able to login to your router interface page?

twinkle07

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
I can log in access 192.168.1.1 leh
Like that change what

Sensational

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yesterday my Linksys router just restarted and all my internet settings were gone. I had to log in to change them back. Did something happen?

inmyopinion

Master Member
Reaction score
I don't know why they locked the account & asked me to reset password.

When "TS" started this thread, i login via my Linksys mobile apps.
Username
Password

I exit.

Then when i re-login in on Linksys mobile apps or via PC (Browser).. it said i need tor reset my password.

kevinlaikf

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
let me guess, the onsite engineer who install your router, change your router admin password to "password" or "12345678" or "qwerty"?

Sent from my friend's phone using GAGT

Preacher1010

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wah Starhub router problem.
why their IT frakheads so smart alec and let the Auto -Update Firmware enabled by default?

Sent from The Bowels Of Purgatory using GAGT

twinkle07

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
Thanks ts for starting thread. Solved moi problem.

Seems the update reset ur WiFi name and password. You should see a "linksys12345" WiFi floating around.

inmyopinion

Master Member
Reaction score
let me guess, the onsite engineer who install your router, change your router admin password to "password" or "12345678" or "qwerty"?

Sent from my friend's phone using GAGT

This router with me for quite a long time.

I have changed the password after they installed the router + fibre.

I login once in awhile no issues.

RetroActive

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
this is a known linksys router bug.

simply switch off your router, disconnect it from the modem, then on it back and either connect to your device via ethernet or wifi, u wont have internet, BUT, you can login to your router setup page and do whatever changes you wish.

after which simply save the changes, off the router and connect it back to the modem. you will have your internet back and all the changes made to the router.

quite troublesome but no choice here as there is no other known solution as far as i know. blame linksys for their failed attempt to want to connect to their backend when you access the router's setup page, if you are connected to the internet.

if a mainland chinese company pull such a stunt, you can be sure the rest of world will cry spygate.

thanks for this suggestions... :s12:

ok guys if u are unable to login to your router after the firmware update... don't have to factory reset... try this first... :s12:

disconnect your modem from the router and unplug all other cable from your router port except your PC that u wanna use to login to the router and try login to your router again via 192.168.10.1

after that change your gateway back to 1.1 if u want... =:p

trevlim

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
same issue with TS using browser but can use LinkSys app on android to log in to the dashboard. try it.

hawthorne

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What kind of router need connection to vendor then can access? Cannot access by 192.168.1.1?

Sent from 雪花飘飘北风啸啸, 天地一片苍茫
一剪寒梅, 傲立雪中, 只为伊人飘香 using GAGT

uncle_josh

Reaction score
If you have CCTV connected to the router, you need to disconnect from the router and power cycle the ruoter.

If you not able to identify what is causing this hang, just disconnect all LAN connections and power cycle your EA7500
Only connect a laptop/desktop to go into the router page

I am still using EA7500. Firmware version 2.0.8.203018

On Linksys mobile apps:
Cannot login via: Email & Password
Can login if i choose 'Router password'

On Web browser
Default login: 192.168.0.1 or http://192.168.0.1/ui/1.0.99.203018/dynamic/login.html

If i enter router password, the login will spin & spin...

But my internet connection from yesterday till now - OK.

LQoNDMA.png

uncle_josh

Reaction score
To use the app, you need to have an account with Linksys.
Hence you need to sign in your email address and password of the registered account to access the router configuration through the app.

The new ip address to access the EA8100 router page is 192.168.10.1
No longer 192.168.1.1.
What kind of router need connection to vendor then can access? Cannot access by 192.168.1.1?

Sent from 雪花飘飘北风啸啸, 天地一片苍茫
一剪寒梅, 傲立雪中, 只为伊人飘香 using GAGT

Last edited:

RetroActive

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
update...

after unplug all those wired connection and internet from the router although can finally login... but then after changing the gateway back to 1.1 and then connect back the cables & internet and try login again it still hang at the login... :s22:
anybody tried?

ok back to to troubleshooting again... :s22:

twinkle07

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
U still cannot?
1. Plug lan cable from router port to laptop. Unplug Internet one to modem, replug later.
2. Access http://linksyssmartwifi.Com. Or 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.10.1
3. Switch off and on router.
4. After that got page auto reset router. The WiFi name password need rekey cos got reset to default.

uncle_josh

Reaction score
Forget to say, WAN no need to disconnect.
Hahaha.................

Naqsaq

Reaction score
Whatta hell is this? Starhub pushed an unannounced totally broken firmware update which changes the local ip range and breaks the access page? This is just so ridiculous...

nymous

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
im using the default router ip 192.168.10.1 for my EA8100 router...

called linksys for help and the guy say they are fixing some issues on their end thats why i cannot login... and tell me all linksys router will have this problem now... :eek:

nice.. got feature to backdoor user..

Naqsaq

Reaction score
Reset seriously, if you already tried but still the same.
Most likely your router gone case need to go service center.

Reset and rework all settings and ip tables. Omfg what a s*it show... So has someone actually confirmed from Starhub there’s a solution/rollback coming?

blasterlord2

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Linksys always trying to be funny. I tried to login many months ago and failed. Thought it's my own fault. Turned out it's Linksys doing something.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.