Help... is anybody using Linksys router? Are u able to login to your router interface page?

nymous

Banned
Reaction score
i don't wanna factory reset cos all my router settings will be gone...
now im asking linksys to downgrade the firmware for me... waiting for their respond... :s22:

u still can change your router ip to 1.1 meh?
i thought the firmware update already force it to become 10.x?

I dont think they factory reset you, more like they send the router excutable script and it change settings automatically... fortunately it has bugs

this is serious security issue

Intrinion

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
well a word of fairness, it’s an auto firmware update went wrong. Rather than say back door.

Intrinion

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
There’s an option on the router settings to disable “firmware update “

savoirex

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
well a word of fairness, it’s an auto firmware update went wrong. Rather than say back door.
but how come the router login page is dependent on linksys backend svrs? moi is quite puzzled abt tis leh...

RetroActive

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Reset seriously, if you already tried but still the same.
Most likely your router gone case need to go service center.

i originally is cannot login to my router always hang after i enter my pw...

but after i unplug those cables from my router except my PC and try login again i csn finally login to my router to change the gateway from 10.1 back to 1.1

but after i plug back all my cable to the router and try login to the router again it still hang...
think i must one by one troubleshoot see is it got any device still stuck at 10.x or whatever that causes it to hang during login... :s22:

RetroActive

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
but how come the router login page is dependent on linksys backend svrs? moi is quite puzzled abt tis leh...

it shd be linksys firmware update that was push to update the router firmware as instructed by starhub... those router that was set to auto firmware update will kena...

potatohead

Reaction score
update...

after unplug all those wired connection and internet from the router although can finally login... but then after changing the gateway back to 1.1 and then connect back the cables & internet and try login again it still hang at the login... :s22:
anybody tried?

ok back to to troubleshooting again... :s22:

again, afaik, once your router encounter this login page problem, seems like it is a terminal disease without an easy cure, no matter u hard reset or change gateway settings, upgrade or downgrade firmware, problem will stick. i may be wrong.

certain rom/memory components onboard may need to be re-written (JTAG?), m no hardware/software guy, just read that somewhere.

in short, from now onwards, whenever u want to change any settings on your linksys router, you will need to disconnect it from the modem and do it sans the internet.

other than the above, the router can still be used and functions normally though.

Intrinion

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Let me play around with it tonight. When I turn off my ONT and see if it allows one to login via 192.168.10.1 - theoretically it should since it’s local.

I know there’s an option to link the router to some linksys account - perhaps for some remote router configuration. That may be the “linksys backend svrs” you are talking about.

Last edited:

iMac

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Linksys support told me they are fixing something backend and all linksys router currently cannot be accessed... :eek:
You mean Linksys can remotely control your router?

All your email, bank account and classified data can be remotely monitored by them?

RetroActive

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There’s an option on the router settings to disable “firmware update “

are u able to verify that after u kena the firmware update...
then u set your router auto firmware update to disable and then logout and login your router again does the auto firmware update still remain as disable?
just now when troubleshooting i kinda see the disable auto update becomes enable... not sure if rem correctly or i didn't save the setting... will gotta test it out again to cfm...
really waste time troubleshooting sth that shd not have happen in the first place...

savoirex

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
it shd be linksys firmware update that was push to update the router firmware as instructed by starhub... those router that was set to auto firmware update will kena...
yes i know. i am puzzled by the login page hanging after keying in the login creds...why does local router login need to verify against linksys backend?

Intrinion

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
So to verify if “disable” will auto toggle to “enable” again?

I will do it later when everyone is asleep.
Any router settings will cause it to reset then everyone will shout “Kok Keong bo internet”

Then my ears hot already :s13:

are u able to verify that after u kena the firmware update...
then u set your router auto firmware update to disable and then logout and login your router again does the auto firmware update still remain as disable?
just now when troubleshooting i kinda see the disable auto update becomes enable... not sure if rem correctly or i didn't save the setting... will gotta test it out again to cfm...
really waste time troubleshooting sth that shd not have happen in the first place...

Intrinion

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Sorry, do you mean you can’t use your 2.4ghz ssid?

Eh so what do I need to do ah? After last night when my router auto restarted, I can't use the 2.4ghz login. Can only use the 5ghz. What's wrong?

uncle_josh

Reaction score
to disable the auto update, you need to use the app.

Sent from Because Respect Is A Two-Way Street

using GAGT

RetroActive

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You mean Linksys can remotely control your router?

All your email, bank account and classified data can be remotely monitored by them?

no that's not what i meant...

my understand from the linksys tech support guy is that starhub ask linksys to create a firmware update to change our router gateway from 192.168.1.1 to become 192.168.10.1
so yesterday nite some of our router were firmware updated possibly bcos our router was set to perform auto firmware update... thus this new linksys firmware were push to update our router and causing various issues to our router as a result of the firmware update...

Intrinion

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Also to confirm, via browser, I am able to login after the firmware update with the router password.

No issues with app as well.

So worst case scenario, a factory reset will work. However the hassle is that you have to reconfigure your router. An easy way would be to ensure your SSID and password is the same. Then most of your wifi devices will be none the wiser

Additional details:
- router was “reset” yesterday cause I power cycled (immediately when I got a connection loss, I power cycled it)

Last edited:

RetroActive

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So to verify if “disable” will auto toggle to “enable” again?

I will do it later when everyone is asleep.
Any router settings will cause it to reset then everyone will shout “Kok Keong bo internet”

Then my ears hot already :s13:

:s13: :s13:
ok will look out for your findings when its out...
i tired liao tomoro then continue to troubleshoot...

btw so u leave your router gateway as 10.1 or u change it back to 1.1?

for me i changed it back to 1.1 but still got issues to resolve... like when fix back those disconnected devices and try login to the router again it still hang at the login...
not sure is it caused by any of my wired or wifi devices... need to figure out...

worse case i delete all my reserved ip and retry...
really really worse case then i will have to copy down all my router settings and factory reset... :s22:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.