[Help Pls] Understanding shared bandwidth on a Thunderbolt 3 motherboard

CCCustom

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Mach3.2

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The TB3 ports share bandwidth with the bottom most PCI-e slot, so long you leave that slot unoccupied, you won't have any problems.

CCCustom

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The TB3 ports share bandwidth with the bottom most PCI-e slot, so long you leave that slot unoccupied, you won't have any problems.
That would be the PCIE 3.0 x4 slot which would be where the 10G LAN card goes, yes? In other words, I cannot use this 10G LAN card if I want to use Thunderbolt 3, yes? :frown:

CopySeeSewDye

Reaction score
That would be the PCIE 3.0 x4 slot which would be where the 10G LAN card goes, yes? In other words, I cannot use this 10G LAN card if I want to use Thunderbolt 3, yes? :frown:
Use the 2nd pcie x16 slot for ur 10G card instead? If ur graphics card too big can try swap graphic to 2nd pcie x16 and use the 1st slot for the network card. I think the gpu will be limited to pcie 3.0 x8 speed in either case to share with the 10G card, which should be fine for a 1070, maybe some dip in gaming but i don't think it will affect ur music production.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.