Hentakaki-Henta! Public Sector for 10 years!

Kapish

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
you must learn how to angkat bola and do above and beyond. but 10 years double starting salary not bad what

ksapple

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
@ksapple u now 35yo married with no kid?
about time to have kid of your own!
don’t mind, how old is your wife?
same age, nah give up trying liao hahaha if have have if no means not fated, dun wan later bring 1 into this world and make them suffer

ZhouXingXing

Master Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
if u join as diploma usually the progression is not far unless u are being hand picked then your progression role will changed. I believed your pay will hit ceiling cap soon ?

PikaManiac

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Daemon : Ten years you’ve been King and not once have you made me your hand ✋🏼

Serving the public for 10 years!
Year 1 - confirmation after probation and initial RO’s retirement at old age after 45 years of service.
Year 2 - Suffered doing 2 to 4 pax workload
Year 3 - Promotion denied by new RO
Year 4 - Suffered doing 2 to 4 pax workload
Year 5 - Suffered doing 2 to 4 pax workload
Year 6 - Promotion denied by 不死的RO
Year 7 - Finally promotion after transfer and new RO
Year 8 - Suffered doing 2 to 3 pax workload
Year 9 - Suffered doing 2 to 3 pax workload
Year 10 - Second promotion after reorganization and new RO
Year 11 - Thinking of mid career upskill and change job to earn more money 💵

If follow the usual path of every 3rd year, by now I should have been manager and next year, 2023 will be due to be senior manager.

My peers are staying in 5-room HDB or EC with their own car and kids 🥰 but I still slogging daily with my hardworking wife we just owned our very own first small (2 bedroom) HDB from BTO. My salary is around 30% of my peers.

Diploma Holder? 2 promotion is hit ceiling already lah, still promote what?

Tortoise79

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Did at year 7!

RO is problematic, irrelevant, unmarried, old auntie, BBFA that constantly sabotages and worries that I’m here to snatch her iron rice bowl (she not degree holder but joined so long ago that her annual leave is 28 days that kind) - previously under male manager with family and grownup kids is very good at my 1st year he treated me like one of his sons but then he had to retirement.

HR closed both eyes 👀 most JLB is HR and even that they themselves collapsing internally with the huge mess they’ve created in organization that turnover is very high with most staff staying for 1 or 2 years at the maximum.
Have you considered switching to the private sector? May not be easy to switch to a managerial position so you are likely to start from the ground level, although I believe the remuneration should be higher than what you are getting now.

But take note that the pace and workload are likely to be faster and heavier than in your current role. Something you will need to be aware of and adjust.

:o

cryptocraft

Reaction score
TS future if stay will become the future admin auntie and uncle, always arrow RO do work and arrow peers do work, and ownself busy being busy.

DarkStarer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How can u stay 10 years and promote twice still earn so little. With promotion should hit $4k liao

Weng123

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
same age, nah give up trying liao hahaha if have have if no means not fated, dun wan later bring 1 into this world and make them suffer

Can go for assisted or take tcm to improve chances of having one

TDRam

Banned
Reaction score
i suspect he is not even diploma holder tbh

whr got diploma 10 yrs ago starting pay only 1600. most likely NITEC or higher NITEC. did u go for diploma and degree?

Weng123

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Suggest you request for transfer to another department with new bosses. Sure your pay has doubled but 3.2k after 10 years is objectively very low. Like comparable to bus driver pay.

Or you further your education by getting a diploma or degree.

Unic0rn

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
How can u stay 10 years and promote twice still earn so little. With promotion should hit $4k liao

i suspect he is not even diploma holder tbh

whr got diploma 10 yrs ago starting pay only 1600. most likely NITEC or higher NITEC. did u go for diploma and degree?

Suggest you request for transfer to another department with new bosses. Sure your pay has doubled but 3.2k after 10 years is objectively very low. Like comparable to bus driver pay.

Or you further your education by getting a diploma or degree.

I joined 10 years ago as division II diploma holder and has since attained my degree years ago
10 years ago was in crisis recession during 2008 even COE dropped to $180
is low ball but fresh out with no experience is like that being low ball

swenson

Reaction score
Education level is extremely important in Public Sector. Sad but true fact.

Try private sector for a change 3-4 years and then go back to PS with experience, if still willing to try

Tayliatorhard

Reaction score
Usually those who claim they r doing 2,3 people workload are very inefficient and always doing something else at work.

Just saying.
If have time to say they are busy, means they are not really busy.

Even in private sectors where profits are the main concerns, taking on extra work load is a norm.

TDRam

Banned
Reaction score
I joined 10 years ago as division II diploma holder and has since attained my degree years ago
change scheme?

Kyubi

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hahah you are around the same batch as me .. kana low ball during the 2008 - 2009 year.. u should have moved on ... or study already move on ..

Tortoise79

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
10 years ago not 2012/2013? 2008 was like 14 years ago. This means you have worked for 14 to 15 years to attain your current salary and not as you mention 10 years.

I think that's a big red flag for a diploma holder. Your information like not consistent de.... :(

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.