Hentakaki-Henta! Public Sector for 10 years!

haveyourcake

Reaction score
bro, you think write paper easy isit? if their job sounds so easy why you don't go apply for it and get their salary?

upskilled but want to stay at low level job filing papers, machiam got phD don't look for phD jobs but do grabfood you want grab to pay you high 6 digit salary isit?

wake up la bro. no one owes you anything.

CanIsayNo

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually if you don’t go and compare with others, are you doing ok? Many people are doing fine, until they start comparing.. not their fault also, it’s our system. When young, parents and teachers will scold you for being contented, which only leads to a life of suffering.

Handsome_guy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
bro, you think write paper easy isit? if their job sounds so easy why you don't go apply for it and get their salary?

upskilled but want to stay at low level job filing papers, machiam got phD don't look for phD jobs but do grabfood you want grab to pay you high 6 digit salary isit?

TS doing simple admin works only. No wonder pay can't go up.

C_boliao

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have friends in public sector that got promoted to manager in year 3, and then senior manager around year 5-6. But they had local uni first class honours, one of them had masters. So not sure if this helps a lot with their progression.
Sure of cos. 1st class speaks alot

amognoix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
started at $1600 (10 years ago)
now after 10 years is $3200
When I first started working in Civil Service as a NTU fresh graduate, I already knew cannot stay.

I left and never looked back.

I migrated and my take-home pay (after taxes and superannuation) is much higher than your peers. That's 5 times your current pay now.

The longer you stay in CS, the harder it is for you to move. CS experience is mostly useless.

Onvalwar

Reaction score
TS if u degree holder now should be getting at least 5k in public sector. Local uni grad in public sector starting pay now should be on average 3.5k. Assume modest increment of 3% per annum also can cross 4k in a few years. U can consider change company liao if u dun mind getting out of ur comfort zone. To be honest, public sector job scope not as bad as private. I came from public and switched to private, the work intensity is a whole new level

CanIsayNo

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bro....

I think you are a straight shooter.

Those who know how to talk and angkat bolah have already risen up.
And these are the people who become ministers right? These are the ones who control our lives. How exciting

Kuudere

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sure of cos. 1st class speaks alot
Yep, one of the guys I knew climbed pretty far to senior manager but ultimately still left to go private.
When I first started working in Civil Service as a NTU fresh graduate, I already knew cannot stay.

I migrated and my take-home pay (after taxes and superannuation) is much higher than your peers. That's 5 times your current pay now.

The longer you stay in CS, the harder it is for you to move. CS experience is mostly useless.
Yeah that's why couple of my friends started there to gain experience and then left after 4-5 years to private. Best is for non-scholars to leave and seek greener pastures.
TS if u degree holder now should be getting at least 5k in public sector. Local uni grad in public sector starting pay now should be on average 3.5k. Assume modest increment of 3% per annum also can cross 4k in a few years. U can consider change company liao if u dun mind getting out of ur comfort zone. To be honest, public sector job scope not as bad as private. I came from public and switched to private, the work intensity is a whole new level
My field starts off at 3.8k for degree entry level. So, should be around there

claypot_king

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bro....

Not so simple these days...

The third equation, which many have highlighted, is the value of ts to his bosses....

You carry my ball, but you don't want to help me swee swee with difficult situation, do difficult projects, to me is like you not making yourself visible....

I also treat those ppl in the same category as straight talkers, blunt people, etc.

standarture

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I’ve worked here so long, seen all, the better ones are NUS/NTU 2nd upper and above, joined PS after being in the private sector for a number of years come in as senior manager and above their role is write paper and award contracts to vendors to do the work. The rest are even worse seen before none degree holder able to become manager (cap there) because they lucky have good boss and met some gui ren helped them.

You also no better leh. Just anyhow assume one. Then what about you. In your appraisal, how you write your shortcomings?

PikaManiac

Master Member
Reaction score
I have seen some straight jump to manager like what?

What talking you? Degree Holders join by default is already Manager what? But Manage who? Their Title for show only.

TS ah, TS, I tell u your problem.

I can tell u are not very smart. Don't need to deny. You look at your Thread Title can already. You wrote you Henta Kaki for 10 Years. But your first Post, you already said, you got Promoted Twice in 10 Years. If u Intelligence is like this, no need to think of Promotion liao...

Okie, okie, jokes aside...

U already got 2 times promotion, so I think u already hit your ceiling... not much chance for promotion already...

Next is what Degree did u take? If u took some part time Degree that is not recognised, bo ko leng u can just switch to Degree scheme right? I remember my friend last time got Degree also ding dong a few times with his Bosses to let him do Degree work. End up got some arrangement, like switch department, or quite and rejoin to finally get it. Not that simple to switch.

kingofcaipng

Reaction score

Hard truth. I was always rated as an average performer in a tier 1 SB despite the effort put in and long list of items in my appraisal (which my team lead had to edit over and over again like wtf)?

Moved on to pte sector, things get done, appraisal chop chop and performance recognised through promotions every 2 years. Now earning easily 50% more than my peers (even the high-po ones) who are still in CS.

I always believe that if you have the drive and capability, you will eventually find a place that works for you. Sadly, many people get too comfy with CS and resign their fate. Nothing wrong, but you live with the consequences.

Jason.OnEarth

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

you guys assume I’m low level filing papers 🤣
please we have 50/60yo boomer from admin section helping to file paper at registry and internal mail by corporate services 😂😂

i doing paper 📑 seeking approval, there is discussion paper, information paper, approval paper, go up to management level. Some forum need to go up to CE, even PS.

i arrange meetings and discussions inter-agency and with external stakeholders and vendors for the whole sector ecosystem and matters cannot say too much here because will potentially cause grave and serious damage to national interests and national security of SG.

many of the private sector mid career switch to public sector, comes in senior manager and above looks for me to help them guide them.
Actually if you don’t go and compare with others, are you doing ok? Many people are doing fine, until they start comparing.. not their fault also, it’s our system. When young, parents and teachers will scold you for being contented, which only leads to a life of suffering.
My entire life has been of suffering, luckily this is temporarily and transient for only few decades after which I will have served my trials and tribulations passed on to holy immaterial realm with the God’s favor @yobyella @Gungalley

All praises to the one and only true God! May he forgive me for what I’m about to do (for my country) and for my sins and transgressions.

Quote 007 Bond at MI6 - things we do for England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 , we continue to do in the background, low profile, 😆
Bro....

I am quite frank and honest with the cold hard truth, like LKY efficiency style but over the long years I’ve learnt to be witty and cunning like a snake (viper) talk like never talk, angkat bolah carry balls and wipe behind for the higher ups 😄 less efficient, lots of time wasted but okay lah so long the higher ups liked it and my efforts are able to assist them as what a good eunuch should be to support the emperor and his court officials.

eAtNeAt

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Did at year 7!

RO is problematic, irrelevant, unmarried, old auntie, BBFA that constantly sabotages and worries that I’m here to snatch her iron rice bowl (she not degree holder but joined so long ago that her annual leave is 28 days that kind) - previously under male manager with family and grownup kids is very good at my 1st year he treated me like one of his sons but then he had to retirement.

HR closed both eyes 👀 most JLB is HR and even that they themselves collapsing internally with the huge mess they’ve created in organization that turnover is very high with most staff staying for 1 or 2 years at the maximum.
Most of boomers in Cs are horrible waste of taxpayers money. Just so detached from the world outside. Some on pension too knn

Kuudere

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hard truth. I was always rated as an average performer in a tier 1 SB despite the effort put in and long list of items in my appraisal (which my team lead had to edit over and over again like wtf)?

Moved on to pte sector, things get done, appraisal chop chop and performance recognised through promotions every 2 years. Now earning easily 50% more than my peers (even the high-po ones) who are still in CS.

I always believe that if you have the drive and capability, you will eventually find a place that works for you. Sadly, many people get too comfy with CS and resign their fate. Nothing wrong, but you live with the consequences.
Good to get a fresh start in public sector then move on after a couple of years, even for fields in the social sciences, it's possible to go private. Unless scholar, I think career mobility should be the focus of everyone, even those with FCH.

Jason.OnEarth

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Most of boomers in Cs are horrible waste of taxpayers money. Just so detached from the world outside. Some on pension too knn
when I joined >10+ years ago, there were old guard that served for >40+ years at the organisation and they shared that they have pension when they retire and indeed they have 50% of their last drawn pay for the rest of their life.

they are on superscale level earning five digits $ XX XXX per month :s42:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.