Hentakaki-Henta! Public Sector for 10 years!

Unic0rn

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Daemon : Ten years you’ve been King and not once have you made me your hand ✋🏼

Serving the public for 10 years!
Year 1 - confirmation after probation and initial RO’s retirement at old age after 45 years of service.
Year 2 - Suffered doing 2 to 4 pax workload
Year 3 - Promotion denied by new RO
Year 4 - Suffered doing 2 to 4 pax workload
Year 5 - Suffered doing 2 to 4 pax workload
Year 6 - Promotion denied by 不死的RO
Year 7 - Finally promotion after transfer and new RO
Year 8 - Suffered doing 2 to 3 pax workload
Year 9 - Suffered doing 2 to 3 pax workload
Year 10 - Second promotion after reorganization and new RO
Year 11 - Thinking of mid career upskill and change job to earn more money 💵

If follow the usual path of every 3rd year, by now I should have been manager and next year, 2023 will be due to be senior manager.

My peers are staying in 5-room HDB or EC with their own car and kids 🥰 but I still slogging daily with my hardworking wife we just owned our very own first small (2 bedroom) HDB from BTO. My salary is around 30% of my peers.

Prismatic

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Your RO denied your promotion twice? Somemore first promo also denied? In CS??
Either your work really is problematic or your RO problematic? Why never complain to your RO boss?

large.

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Year 1 - confirmation after probation and initial RO’s retirement at old age after 45 years of service.

If follow the usual path of every 3rd year, by now I should have been manager and next year, 2023 will be due to be senior manager.

My peers are staying in 5-room HDB or EC with their own car and kids 🥰 but I still slogging daily with my hardworking wife we just owned our very own first small (2 bedroom) HDB from BTO. My salary is around 30% of my peers.
If your skills are transferable to the private industry, you can give it a go. Only thing is there might be a difference in pace of work and the bosses in private sectors come from all walks of life so their pattern more than badminton. Not saying public service bosses have no pattern but more similar due to background. Also, be prepared to start to scratch if needed.

Also, 10 years auto promote to senior manager is impossible in the private sector.

Kuudere

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I have friends in public sector that got promoted to manager in year 3, and then senior manager around year 5-6. But they had local uni first class honours, one of them had masters. So not sure if this helps a lot with their progression.

Ethan_

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Erm, so its deg or non deg job like that? Both have its pros and cons bah.

Carrot010

Reaction score
errr may i know what is your qualification? starting pay 1600 is like a bit low ? get to senior manager? stat board also like to have inflated title like those store/restaurant manager kind?

Unic0rn

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
nv consider to apply for internal job rotation?
Did at year 7!
Your RO denied your promotion twice? Somemore first promo also denied? In CS??
Either your work really is problematic or your RO problematic? Why never complain to your RO boss?
RO is problematic, irrelevant, unmarried, old auntie, BBFA that constantly sabotages and worries that I’m here to snatch her iron rice bowl (she not degree holder but joined so long ago that her annual leave is 28 days that kind) - previously under male manager with family and grownup kids is very good at my 1st year he treated me like one of his sons but then he had to retirement.
Default promotion every 3 years? Have you highlighted to HR the bypassed promotion?

Try internal transfer or the private sector for a change.

:o
HR closed both eyes 👀 most JLB is HR and even that they themselves collapsing internally with the huge mess they’ve created in organization that turnover is very high with most staff staying for 1 or 2 years at the maximum.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.