Honda fit - 9k depre normal?

Dancedesire

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Is my first car purchase and i was mainly looking at a 2nd hand parf honda fit. Is it norm that most fit is around 9k depreciation? It seems abit high for a jap car

kebinu

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
1. Since most Fits are of this depreciation, it has become a norm.

2. If you think it's high, you can look around for other models but if have preference for jazz/fit, then hard to look around also.

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Is my first car purchase and i was mainly looking at a 2nd hand parf honda fit. Is it norm that most fit is around 9k depreciation? It seems abit high for a jap car
On the high side. You compared new vs used? I assumed new is lower or same dep as old.

final1

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Honestly, COE Prices prices are high now so depreciation rates also go up.....

iduncheckmail

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

COE go up , means prices of new go up. Push more people to used market, used car prices go up.
Hence used dealer wins in a rising COE market.

You go find out the this car original buy-price, then calc the depre, surely below 9.

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
COE go up , means prices of new go up. Push more people to used market, used car prices go up.
Hence used dealer wins in a rising COE market.

You go find out the this car original buy-price, then calc the depre, surely below 9.
Most ppl cannot afford that min dp of a new car. So opted for pre-owned rides. Then will start asking on various expect.

nsxr99

Master Member
Reaction score
if u think 9k is high wait till it hits above 10k in year 2022 or 2023

confusedboi

Reaction score
honestly all 2nd hand car depreciation went up already compared to just 2 years ago when COE was lower..
if really want to buy its either you bite the bullet now and buy or save up for new car or look for demo cars/showroom cars that got some discount if you can accept it has been used before.

final1

Master Member
Reaction score
COE goes up, used car price also goes up.
Actually, logically-speaking, it should not because the coe of the used car is already fixed.

But, in the real word, it does. This is because used car dealers will adjust their prices up or down when coe prices change because if you are buying a used car, you are also buying a coe (although it is used) and your substitute for this is a brand new coe (which the price does change). The logic is twisted. But thats how it is.

andyhtc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
COE should continue to climb, thanks partly to the 0.3-month bonus to CS ;)

mewmart

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Compared to 1-2 years ago, 9k depre for a used Fit/Jazz is a bit high for now but the most acceptable already. If not , just save up a bit more and buy new. Zero worries as well (or at least near zero, everything covered by warranty).

Kia7200

Master Member
Reaction score
1.5l?
Quite ex la. Fit 1.3l pi should be much cheaper u don't mind a underpowered engine

hachi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Many BMW COE cars depreciation are around $6k-8k only. Buy one and hope for the best :giggle:
Actually some coe 3 series in good condition around that depre.

A BMW key fob vs Honda fit key fob hanging on your pants or place on table while eating. The staki is priceless...

andyhtc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually some coe 3 series in good condition around that depre.

A BMW key fob vs Honda fit key fob hanging on your pants or place on table while eating. The staki is priceless...

One can just buy a cheap BMW fob and use it as a key chain decoration without owning the BMW. If asked, just mention it is a 2nd family car that another family member is using.

We live in a make-believe world. BMW's advertisement creates an impression that it is a premium brand when in the real world its cars are much more prone to breakdowns than Honda. It is all in the mind.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.