Honda Fit/Jazz Part 2

Orphan

Reaction score
Mine was 2.18% IIRC a few year back
Borneo is having 2.88%

Iirc for Borneo, if take their in-house loan, they got give further rebates for the car. Not sure if they still do this. Very smart idea as long have the capital. They maximize their profits even more from the sale of the same car, then pass back some of the potential earnings to the buyer in the form of rebates.

winningeleven

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hello all senior here.

I just bought a Jazz and noticed some wind noise when travelling on express way. I'm not sure but it sounded like it is coming from the front/windscreen. Is that normal and any way to eliminate that?

Thanks.

First of all. Jazz is not a quiet car to begin with. Have drive both GD and GK. I feel one of the most contributing to the noise is from the tyre. Although most tyre can last 40000 km but the noise start to get "loud" after 10000 to 15000km. Is still early to change but just have to learn to bear with noises. Not all tyres are quiet even it is brand new. I am Using Michelin ps4. It is quiet as compare to other but is also not cheap .

Not refering to anyone. What u paid is what u get. U cant expect noise insulation as good as those paid 150k for a conti car . Just increase the radio volume like what I do

darren0324

Reaction score
Hi guys, i cant decide which car to buy Fit 1.3 G or 1.5 Hybrid
Some say 1.5 Hybrid leak of power when acceleration is it true? Anyone have own or drive this both car before? Can share experience? Thanks

Orphan

Reaction score
Some say 1.5 Hybrid leak of power when acceleration is it true? Anyone have own or drive this both car before? Can share experience? Thanks

My ride's a 2018 Facelifted Fit Hybrid.
1.5L Fit Sports Hybrid has 135 bhp, 170 nm torque.
1.5L Fit petrol has 129 bhp, 155 nm torque.

The Hybrid has 3 modes, Eco, Normal and Sports.
Eco mode actively forces the acceleration to be gradual.

Hence, why the folks you mention turned on Eco mode and felt that they step accelerator a lot, but pickup slow. The problem is, they will also accidentally waste petrol by over revving, which cause FC to be reduced.

After playing with Eco mode for a while, you sort of learn the tricks of how to get almost similar FC without using Eco mode tampering with your acceleration.

The torque is instant and can be addictive.
Never have I had to deliberately be so light with my foot and keep my revs at around 1.5k rpm. I keep my power mostly to only 1 to 2 bars (out of 20. There's an indicator on the left of the dash). Although I do this mainly for FC and safety reasons. I try to avoid being the first one off when the light turns green.

0-100:

Last edited:

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

For a start, you first time owning a car?
If yes, then better go test drive gao gao.
If no, then you better lower your expectation of power on hybrids.
Hybrid models are meant for ppl who looking to have good FC.

You want power or instant acceleration/ respond from stop, go for non-hybrid.
You want FC, then choose a hybrid.
You want best of both, get hybrid then go tune up for quicker respond.

bh10101

Reaction score
another mod car option? :s13::s13:

zzzzzzz

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Hence, why the folks you mention turned on Eco mode and felt that they step accelerator a lot, but pickup slow. The problem is, they will also accidentally waste petrol by over revving, which cause FC to be reduced.

After playing with Eco mode for a while, you sort of learn the tricks of how to get almost similar FC without using Eco mode tampering with your acceleration.

Never have I had to deliberately be so light with my foot and keep my revs at around 1.5k rpm. I keep my power mostly to only 1 to 2 bars (out of 20. There's an indicator on the left of the dash). Although I do this mainly for FC and safety reasons. I try to avoid being the first one off when the light turns green.

0-100:

the mighty mugen honda fit hybrid is indeed mighty
:(

Shutterbox

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score

0-100:

Wow 0-100 jin satki man

darren0324

Reaction score
I din drive Hybrid before, thanks for the info.

Orphan

Reaction score
The perception that hybrids are slow is mainly due to the success of the Toyota Prius hybrids.

Honda's design concept is very different from Toyota's.
Ever wished the that there there's a R Type turbo version of the 1.5 Fit/Jazz?
The Fit hybrid is as close as we can get for now.

Honda uses the electric motor to boost the torque and power of the 16 valve DOHC i-Vtec engine. It's hitting Cat B CoE not because of engine size (which is smaller than 1.6L), but because of power.

One of the first video I watched while I was researching the Fit Hybrid:

Today's Hybrids are no longer what we have been accustomed to over the past 10-20 years. I had to change my mindset as well. Manufacturers of sports cars are also catching on, and are making hybrids for performance rather than just FC.

Honda NSX:
https://www.sgcarmart.com/new_cars/newcars_specs.php?CarCode=11950

Lamborghini's first hybrid production supercar will be its "fastest car of all time:
https://www.dezeen.com/2019/09/05/lamborghini-sian-hybrid-supercar-fastest/

CCCustom

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The perception that hybrids are slow is mainly due to the success of the Toyota Prius hybrids.

Honda's design concept is very different from Toyota's.
Ever wished the that there there's a R Type turbo version of the 1.5 Fit/Jazz?
The Fit hybrid is as close as we can get for now.

Honda uses the electric motor to boost the torque and power of the 16 valve DOHC i-Vtec engine. It's hitting Cat B CoE not because of engine size (which is smaller than 1.6L), but because of power.

One of the first video I watched while I was researching the Fit Hybrid:

Today's Hybrids are no longer what we have been accustomed to over the past 10-20 years. I had to change my mindset as well. Manufacturers of sports cars are also catching on, and are making hybrids for performance rather than just FC.

Honda NSX:
https://www.sgcarmart.com/new_cars/newcars_specs.php?CarCode=11950

Lamborghini's first hybrid production supercar will be its "fastest car of all time:
https://www.dezeen.com/2019/09/05/lamborghini-sian-hybrid-supercar-fastest/
Depends on your country and your country’s AD want to bring in which version ba ...

I had a thread on the possibility of self-importing a UKDM version of a Japanese car ... the reason being the UKDM has 30 horses more than the JDM. Both Hybrid.

Orphan

Reaction score
Depends on your country and your country’s AD want to bring in which version ba ...

I had a thread on the possibility of self-importing a UKDM version of a Japanese car ... the reason being the UKDM has 30 horses more than the JDM. Both Hybrid.

Hi5, I got look into self import also :D
Link to the thread pls!

I had even started talking to the shipping company. But while they do this for a living and can help with a lot of the paperwork, there are still a lot of stuff that's still very time consuming. Worst part is if I fail homologation, very troublesome.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.