Honda Fit/Jazz Part 2

Eighty7

Reaction score
Go YouTube find the video on jap rim vs Taiwan rim, you get your answer why the alloy is lighter and stronger

bh10101

Reaction score
Go YouTube find the video on jap rim vs Taiwan rim, you get your answer why the alloy is lighter and stronger

why need YouTube to tell you which RIM is better meh?
are you sure all Jap RIM are made in Japan? or maybe China? :s13::s13:

gohsj89

Master Member
Reaction score
LoL. One sentence: I trust Stamford Wheels. Period.
I trust they don’t make inferior rims.
I only know if my rim warp, i will go back and **** them, even i don’t get anything in return.

You said unbranded are mostly inferior.
So what are the unbranded one which is un-inferior to you?

Talk so much for what.
You don’t trust your problem. I not here to debate lol.

How to measure strength?
Am I supposed to use physics to reply you? I think until headache.

Can you please advise
1) Unbranded ones are mostly inferior quality. Same goes for local shops who uses design of branded rims (replica). Heavy yet soft.
Please explain how is quality defined as inferior and superior? How do you measure the weight and softness (pertaining to material)
2) Safety = Won't break. Look around the internet, you see pictures of rims snapping.
What is the parameter measured to consider the rim to not to break?
How is safety ensured?
3) They have quality and reputation to uphold. Their rims are stronger than replica ones.
Please explain what is the quality that you have mentioned above?
How are their rims stronger than the replica ones? Is strength the only consideration? How is the strength measured?

Brutal fact.

Apart from the material presumably from your definition of strong and light alloy, what else makes the rim good?

Depends also on the production supply chain network and the marketing strategy to price it higher or lower in order to create a perception.

Last edited:

Matjes

Banned
Reaction score
LoL. One sentence: I trust Stamford Wheels. Period.
I trust they don’t make inferior rims.
I only know if my rim warp, i will go back and **** them, even i don’t get anything in return.

You said unbranded are mostly inferior.
So what are the unbranded one which is un-inferior to you?

Talk so much for what.
You don’t trust your problem. I not here to debate lol.

How to measure strength?
Am I supposed to use physics to reply you? I think until headache.

Thank you. I understand now your reply is not based on facts but based on your own imagination. I respect your right to your own opinion.
Please have a nice day.

gohsj89

Master Member
Reaction score
Tks bro. I respect yours too.

Correction: Not imagination. It’s leap of faith.
I did not want to spend on Enkei all these..
I only want to upsize my rim from 16 to 17.

Since I have to buy, I rather buy one that I know where and who made it, rather than to buy from ‘Made In Taiwan’, god knows the origin.

Advanti didn’t have a design I like, so I choose SSW.
Others to me is like pasar malam.
And so, thats my theory.

Cheers.

Thank you. I understand now your reply is not based on facts but based on your own imagination. I respect your right to your own opinion.
Please have a nice day.

Matjes

Banned
Reaction score
Tks bro. I respect yours too.
Correction: Not imagination. It’s leap of faith. I did not want to spend on Enkei all these.. I only want to upsize my rim from 16 to 17. Since I have to buy, I rather buy one that I know where and who made it, rather than to buy from ‘Made In Taiwan’, god knows the origin. Advanti didn’t have a design I like, so I choose SSW. Others to me is like pasar malam. And so, thats my theory.
Cheers.

Thank you bro, Since you are taking the discussion to a civilized level, I find myself obligated to provide my explanation to reciprocate your respectable response.

Let me explain how did my involvement in the professional automotive sourcing methodology for some of the biggest names in the automotive industry influenced my decisions

Automotive parts are sourced mainly led by

Pricing – Affected by cross boundary tariffs, profit margins between tier 1 supplier and its downstream vendors

Engineering specifications – Materials, tolerance eg. ISO 286-1:2010, production process design eg. Shearing, Rolling, expanding, leaking check, force fit, welding, D-FMEA, P-FMEA, too many to list down…

Operations – Production machines, layout, tool change, competence matrix, staff hiring etc.

Quality – IATF16949:2016 QM-System, VDA6.3 Process auditing, APQP, Statistical process control, MSA: repeatability, reproducibility, Production Part Approval Process, Supplier/ Customer quality, etc… I will not consider ISO9001:2008 for rim manufacturing

1. Brands determine the rims we get and not country of origin.

2. To me, after filtering the brand, its factories that satisfy the basic requirement of IATF16949:2016 only makes it for the next level of selection.

You can normally find these information online for example:
a. https://www.certipedia.com/quality_...ficates?certificate_type=IATF+16949&locale=en

b. https://www.ozracing.com/world-of-oz/367-certifications

3. After that, check for scandals involving particular models if there has been a widespread of problems that cannot be solved. This is indicative of a failure in the APQP which can only be ascertained by a VDA6.3 audit doing P2 – P4 which some factories’ quality teams don’t do when there is proven competence.

Professional Conditions that personal level cannot resolve:

4. After these are resolved, I look at the mass of the rim and design. These are indicative of the engineering team’s ability to capture market’s inclination and design something the market wants. The selection of specs and criteria determines the type of product they want to release into the market. In order to be clear, the PPAP must be audited by the engineering team. VDA6.5 product audit is suitable for this. PPAP is a legal binding engineering document that directly reflects the actual product but accessibility is limited only to the engineering, quality and litigation team in the case of disputes. It involves patents and mutually agreeable solutions like the inspection AQL which can be very costly if the stringency is heighten. I see normally people use AQL2.5 for rims but some may want to bring it up to 0.65. The dimensional requirements are important especially the polar array of mounting holes that need to conform to PCD defined. The long term process stability in the production sticks to >=1.33 for CpK but sometimes, process capability reaches way more than that and when customers see a reduction albeit the passing CpK results, they will still make noise.

5. Under professional conditions, I will dispatch a Supplier Quality representative to the site to audit on the processes that we are going to buy the parts for. But obviously this is not possible under private context. So I will fall back to the brands at step 2.

Conclusion:
Made in Taiwan/China/Japan does not matter. What matters is the brand, the engineering, quality, operations and support processes behind it..

You might be glad to know that SSW that are produced in Thailand possess the necessary QMS standard to clear Step 2 above. Check via https://iatf-customerportal.org/ with the IATF certificate number

Standard: IATF16949:2016

Certificate Nr: 01 111 064941

IATF Certificate Nr: 0329057

Certificate holder: Stamford Sport Wheels Company Ltd
111/2,5,8,9 Moo 2 Highway 340 Suphanburi Road, Tambon Saiyai, Amphur Sainoi, Nonthaburi 11150, Thailand

Validity: 5 Sept 2021

Scope: Design and Manufacturing of Aluminum Alloy Wheels
With the IATF16949 standard awarded, SSW should also be producing rebranded aluminum alloy wheels for the local vehicle plants like Toyota and Honda for processes that are located in Thailand to avoid the cross boundary tariffs.

It is a safe rim to buy for all available standards to discern. But you still have to take note of the specifications each rim provides. Eg. Rim mass, density, material selection which continues to elude end users. So keep your ears open for scandals SSW might have, end user feedbacks, ALWAYS LET SOMEONE ELSE BE YOUR COMMANDO take their feedback and lessons learnt.

discoburg

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi All, I have a 16" Enkei RPF1 type 2 wheels to swop with your 16" sport rims. No kerb rash and tyres are Bridgestone P7. Still have the receipt from H Tyres. Need your top up of $1000, negotiable.

gohsj89

Master Member
Reaction score
Thank you bro, Since you are taking the discussion to a civilized level, I find myself obligated to provide my explanation to reciprocate your respectable response.

Let me explain how did my involvement in the professional automotive sourcing methodology for some of the biggest names in the automotive industry influenced my decisions

Automotive parts are sourced mainly led by

Pricing – Affected by cross boundary tariffs, profit margins between tier 1 supplier and its downstream vendors

Engineering specifications – Materials, tolerance eg. ISO 286-1:2010, production process design eg. Shearing, Rolling, expanding, leaking check, force fit, welding, D-FMEA, P-FMEA, too many to list down…

Operations – Production machines, layout, tool change, competence matrix, staff hiring etc.

Quality – IATF16949:2016 QM-System, VDA6.3 Process auditing, APQP, Statistical process control, MSA: repeatability, reproducibility, Production Part Approval Process, Supplier/ Customer quality, etc… I will not consider ISO9001:2008 for rim manufacturing

1. Brands determine the rims we get and not country of origin.

2. To me, after filtering the brand, its factories that satisfy the basic requirement of IATF16949:2016 only makes it for the next level of selection.

You can normally find these information online for example:
a. https://www.certipedia.com/quality_...ficates?certificate_type=IATF+16949&locale=en

b. https://www.ozracing.com/world-of-oz/367-certifications

3. After that, check for scandals involving particular models if there has been a widespread of problems that cannot be solved. This is indicative of a failure in the APQP which can only be ascertained by a VDA6.3 audit doing P2 – P4 which some factories’ quality teams don’t do when there is proven competence.

Professional Conditions that personal level cannot resolve:

4. After these are resolved, I look at the mass of the rim and design. These are indicative of the engineering team’s ability to capture market’s inclination and design something the market wants. The selection of specs and criteria determines the type of product they want to release into the market. In order to be clear, the PPAP must be audited by the engineering team. VDA6.5 product audit is suitable for this. PPAP is a legal binding engineering document that directly reflects the actual product but accessibility is limited only to the engineering, quality and litigation team in the case of disputes. It involves patents and mutually agreeable solutions like the inspection AQL which can be very costly if the stringency is heighten. I see normally people use AQL2.5 for rims but some may want to bring it up to 0.65. The dimensional requirements are important especially the polar array of mounting holes that need to conform to PCD defined. The long term process stability in the production sticks to >=1.33 for CpK but sometimes, process capability reaches way more than that and when customers see a reduction albeit the passing CpK results, they will still make noise.

5. Under professional conditions, I will dispatch a Supplier Quality representative to the site to audit on the processes that we are going to buy the parts for. But obviously this is not possible under private context. So I will fall back to the brands at step 2.

Conclusion:
Made in Taiwan/China/Japan does not matter. What matters is the brand, the engineering, quality, operations and support processes behind it..

You might be glad to know that SSW that are produced in Thailand possess the necessary QMS standard to clear Step 2 above. Check via https://iatf-customerportal.org/ with the IATF certificate number

Standard: IATF16949:2016

Certificate Nr: 01 111 064941

IATF Certificate Nr: 0329057

Certificate holder: Stamford Sport Wheels Company Ltd
111/2,5,8,9 Moo 2 Highway 340 Suphanburi Road, Tambon Saiyai, Amphur Sainoi, Nonthaburi 11150, Thailand

Validity: 5 Sept 2021

Scope: Design and Manufacturing of Aluminum Alloy Wheels
With the IATF16949 standard awarded, SSW should also be producing rebranded aluminum alloy wheels for the local vehicle plants like Toyota and Honda for processes that are located in Thailand to avoid the cross boundary tariffs.

It is a safe rim to buy for all available standards to discern. But you still have to take note of the specifications each rim provides. Eg. Rim mass, density, material selection which continues to elude end users. So keep your ears open for scandals SSW might have, end user feedbacks, ALWAYS LET SOMEONE ELSE BE YOUR COMMANDO take their feedback and lessons learnt.

Selection of reliable rim is so sophisticated and technical.

Thanks for enlighten me that I made a safe choice to purchase SSW, and I am sharing a brand to people here that is reliable without much technical knowledge myself.

Most will only recommend MAT technology that Enkei has.

Also for SSW, I recalled because I saw it's Lok Yang's branch was mass changing bunch of Tan Chong's Nissan Note, Sylphy, Pulsar, Qashqai metal rim to their SSW sports rim, and that gave me some direction over unbranded rims.
-Layman thinking, big agent won't want to sell a reputable japanese car with fragile rims.

Nonetheless, I will take note of scandals, if any.

And also, the Math makes sense to me.
SSW: $1500 with Continental PremiumContact6 tyre
Taiwai: $1200 with Bridgestone T001 tyre

CCCustom

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
... and I am sharing a brand to people here that is reliable ...
Oh I wouldn’t go so far as to call it ”reliable” ;) It’s more of ... ”relatively safe”. Still, hardly worth trading in stock rims for considering they are seriously heavy.

gohsj89

Master Member
Reaction score
Oh I wouldn’t go so far as to call it ”reliable” ;) It’s more of ... ”relatively safe”. Still, hardly worth trading in stock rims for considering they are seriously heavy.

Relatively safe also better.
Thats’s all I need.

Not sure if 9kg for 17” is heavy or light.
But I’m happy with the stability I’m getting.
I don’t feel the car sluggish significantly.

And Enkei would cost me $2500 as compared to $1500 for SSW.

raindow

Reaction score
Hi Everyone.
I have a list of questions to ask.
1. Jazz is it made in japan or fit is make in japan?
2. Are there cases fit caught on fire recently?
3. what are the main differences in jazz and fit?
4. Which PI is most reputable if you happen to buy a honda fit.

Thank you for any kind of advice.

tannl88

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Jazz/Fit both mij.
Jazz is from Kah motors (authorised dealer)
Fit is from PI

gohsj89

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone.
I have a list of questions to ask.
1. Jazz is it made in japan or fit is make in japan?
2. Are there cases fit caught on fire recently?
3. what are the main differences in jazz and fit?
4. Which PI is most reputable if you happen to buy a honda fit.

Thank you for any kind of advice.

2. what gave you this idea?

3. Fit 1.3 got full keyless, got touch screen aircon,
Jazz 1.3 use remote and key and aircon knob.
Jazz 1.3 is a few thousands more than a Fit 1.3, which makes a Fit 1.3 a more valuable buy over a Jazz 1.3.

Jazz 1.5 is normal petrol. Fit 1.5 is Hybrid.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.