Honda Fit/Jazz Part 2

winningeleven

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone.
I have a list of questions to ask.
1. Jazz is it made in japan or fit is make in japan?
2. Are there cases fit caught on fire recently?
3. what are the main differences in jazz and fit?
4. Which PI is most reputable if you happen to buy a honda fit.

Thank you for any kind of advice.

1)Both jazz 1.3 and fit 1.3 sold in SG are made in japan.

2) I never heard of

3)1.3 fit
push start stop engine (keyless)

Automatic climate control (which mean once u set the temp to 24 deg, it will regulate the amount of cool air based on the actual temp on your car. During rainy day when it detect a lower temp, it might not blowing cold air when it detect the actual temp is same as the aircon set point.

-No cruise control and paddle shift

No audio and volume control and boot cover. However both features are able to fix at outside workshop.

1.3 jazz
Using key to crank and start.

Manual aircon
U just set the fan speed and the cooling of the aircon according to what u want regardless what is the actual temp om your car.

Have paddle shift and cruise control

Have audio and volume control and steering wheel and boot cover.

bh10101

Reaction score
1) There are a few variants for Jazz & Fit. But sold in SG are made in Japan.

2) It was the previous Fit model, but nothing reported for Fit 2018 onwards

3) As mentioned in above point one, there are a few variants for both Jazz and Fit. There will be minor difference between each other. Go do your research.

4) If you are sincerely buyer, go look for Fake_Orange for contact ba..

1)Both jazz 1.3 and fit 1.3 sold in SG are made in japan.

2) I never heard of

3)1.3 fit
push start stop engine (keyless)

Automatic climate control (which mean once u set the temp to 24 deg, it will regulate the amount of cool air based on the actual temp on your car. During rainy day when it detect a lower temp, it might not blowing cold air when it detect the actual temp is same as the aircon set point.

-No cruise control and paddle shift

No audio and volume control and boot cover. However both features are able to fix at outside workshop.

1.3 jazz
Using key to crank and start.

Manual aircon
U just set the fan speed and the cooling of the aircon according to what u want regardless what is the actual temp om your car.

Have paddle shift and cruise control

Have audio and volume control and steering wheel and boot cover.

Hi Everyone.
I have a list of questions to ask.
1. Jazz is it made in japan or fit is make in japan?
2. Are there cases fit caught on fire recently?
3. what are the main differences in jazz and fit?
4. Which PI is most reputable if you happen to buy a honda fit.

Thank you for any kind of advice.

Matjes

Banned
Reaction score
Selection of reliable rim is so sophisticated and technical. Thanks for enlighten me that I made a safe choice to purchase SSW, and I am sharing a brand to people here that is reliable without much technical knowledge myself. Most will only recommend MAT technology that Enkei has. Also for SSW, I recalled because I saw it's Lok Yang's branch was mass changing bunch of Tan Chong's Nissan Note, Sylphy, Pulsar, Qashqai metal rim to their SSW sports rim, and that gave me some direction over unbranded rims. -Layman thinking, big agent won't want to sell a reputable japanese car with fragile rims.
Nonetheless, I will take note of scandals, if any. And also, the Math makes sense to me.
SSW: $1500 with Continental PremiumContact6 tyre
Taiwai: $1200 with Bridgestone T001 tyre

Wait till you see the selection of suppliers to product integrated products like a steering rack.
pinion maker
Rack maker
Housing maker
Seals maker
O ring maker
Spring maker
Motor maker
ECU maker
ETC ETC… I have to repeat the processes again and again to audit product, process, check tariffs, check profit margin, sales potential blah blah blah… I had a team working with and under me to get this sorted out. And then you have the problem of lazy engineers., cross boundary politics, uncooperative suppliers who demand a MOQ before they will change. Crap in their CAPA…

SSW didn’t get their IATF16949 until recently last year. Because the new IATF16949 is a 2016 version and SSW did not have a TS16949 (the older version) before. That means SSW has gotten into the supply chain network of OE makers between 2016 and 2018, Since it is located in Thailand and they have the JWL certification, that means its likelihood of supplying to the local Honda/Toyota factory with aluminum alloy rims is very possible. If you have a Honda that is assembled in Thailand after 2018, likelihood you get a SSW rim that is rebranded as honda OE.

gohsj89

Master Member
Reaction score
Fit 1.5 also got petrol what, it’s the ”real” RS ... just whether the PI you go to got sell or can indent or not.

Not common in Singapore.
The previous generation I hardly see much, just a few.

The current generation, not a single one I seen.
For some reason idk why, maybe you can enlighten: PI rather bring in the hydrid.

gohsj89

Master Member
Reaction score
Wait till you see the selection of suppliers to product integrated products like a steering rack.
pinion maker
Rack maker
Housing maker
Seals maker
O ring maker
Spring maker
Motor maker
ECU maker
ETC ETC… I have to repeat the processes again and again to audit product, process, check tariffs, check profit margin, sales potential blah blah blah… I had a team working with and under me to get this sorted out. And then you have the problem of lazy engineers., cross boundary politics, uncooperative suppliers who demand a MOQ before they will change. Crap in their CAPA…

SSW didn’t get their IATF16949 until recently last year. Because the new IATF16949 is a 2016 version and SSW did not have a TS16949 (the older version) before. That means SSW has gotten into the supply chain network of OE makers between 2016 and 2018, Since it is located in Thailand and they have the JWL certification, that means its likelihood of supplying to the local Honda/Toyota factory with aluminum alloy rims is very possible. If you have a Honda that is assembled in Thailand after 2018, likelihood you get a SSW rim that is rebranded as honda OE.

Very very cheem

CCCustom

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
... and they have the JWL certification ...
My understanding of the Japanese certification system is, that JWL on it’s own is worthless until it is supplemented by VIA testing, because JWL is effectively ownself certify ownself, as long as the manufacturer can produce evidence that their facility is equipped to make wheels that will meet the specifications, they can call themselves JWL-certified, but only after VIA testing then can prove that the wheels do in fact meet the specifications.

Matjes

Banned
Reaction score
My understanding of the Japanese certification system is, that JWL on it’s own is worthless until it is supplemented by VIA testing, because JWL is effectively ownself certify ownself, as long as the manufacturer can produce evidence that their facility is equipped to make wheels that will meet the specifications, they can call themselves JWL-certified, but only after VIA testing then can prove that the wheels do in fact meet the specifications.

Yes you are right that VIA has to audit before the certificate bearer can show the 2 logos in its certification.

SSW has both.

Approval # and details
VIA-A-173 -(2) Dynamic Cornering Test Equipment
VIA-B-157-(2) Dynamic Radial Fatigue Test Equipment
VIA-C-220-(2) Impact Test Equipment
VIA-C-221-(2) Impact Test Equipment

Approval Location is the same as the IATF certified location

Expiry: 27-07-2025

This means that SSW is good enough to carry out production of wheels for OE. I am honestly surprised by this because IATF16949 is not easy to get. You have to implement production part approval process and develop your products according to the principles of APQP which is a nightmare to administer.

I am convinced with SSW.

sinicker

Master Member
Reaction score
new Honda Jazz and even the new Honda City will be on 1.0L 3-cyl turbo.

buy existing stock if die die don't want turbo! :s13::s22:

winningeleven

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is it true that car dealer only take iin the degre value even if is a 1yr old plus car?

U have a choice
Degre value is basically just the Parf and the remaining coe value.

I think u sell it off to on your own is better.

For example. U bought your car brnad new for 100k. After 1 years plus. Your same identical car is selling probably 85k in the resale market. Dealer will probably offer u 75k to 80k lah.. Also market also depend on the coe. If your coe is high when bought and now coe is cheaper. U will lost even more.

fake_oranges

Banned
Reaction score
COE high when buy vs currently low is no point changing?

U have a choice
Degre value is basically just the Parf and the remaining coe value.

I think u sell it off to on your own is better.

For example. U bought your car brnad new for 100k. After 1 years plus. Your same identical car is selling probably 85k in the resale market. Dealer will probably offer u 75k to 80k lah.. Also market also depend on the coe. If your coe is high when bought and now coe is cheaper. U will lost even more.

veryhonestguy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
U sure anot, my current 2 Litre turbo fc is like such , mostly highway driving . 6 cylinder na previously is better fc
BLNA8j4.jpg

Key point.
But downsizing the engine with forced induction helps to exploit the fuel better for the environment.

Last edited:

Matjes

Banned
Reaction score
U sure anot, my current 2 Litre turbo fc is like such , mostly highway driving . 6 cylinder na previously is better fc
BLNA8j4.jpg

YES> BLOODY SURE and I stand by what I say with no regrets.
downsizing the engine with forced induction helps to exploit the fuel better for the environment.

A smaller engine with forced induction is capable of harnessing fuel and air mixture ratio that favours more power and torque thus providing more power with lesser fuel in the smaller engine. With lesser fuel being burnt, it creates lesser carbon footprint.

Better FC comes through better fuel delivery mgmt by driver; lighter right foot.

Based on your picture, you achieve 9.09km/l
I had a twin charged 1.4 and did 19km/l with highway driving and cruise control at 80kph. 12km/l to 14km/l with start stop operations. Doing 170hp and 240Nm.

FC is directly linked to driving style. Perhaps you might want to review your driving habits.

bh10101

Reaction score
Twin Turbo? can achieve 19km/l? unbelievable :eek::eek:

YES> BLOODY SURE and I stand by what I say with no regrets.
downsizing the engine with forced induction helps to exploit the fuel better for the environment.

A smaller engine with forced induction is capable of harnessing fuel and air mixture ratio that favours more power and torque thus providing more power with lesser fuel in the smaller engine. With lesser fuel being burnt, it creates lesser carbon footprint.

Better FC comes through better fuel delivery mgmt by driver; lighter right foot.

Based on your picture, you achieve 9.09km/l
I had a twin charged 1.4 and did 19km/l with highway driving and cruise control at 80kph. 12km/l to 14km/l with start stop operations. Doing 170hp and 240Nm.

FC is directly linked to driving style. Perhaps you might want to review your driving habits.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.