Honda Odyssey 2.0 e-HEV Absolute 8-Seater (A)

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
so ... **** it... just let it dent ... forget about all those films , wraps, etc... then can park anywhere...

knn.. buy car for convience.. not for inconvience of walking far away t
Diff ppl diff takes. Thats why so many wash and shine, sticker shops surface and getting common.

hellhole

Reaction score
as you all know i dont wash my car lah. so that is why i tot a clear protective film will be best for me. if a scratch or small ding, it all on the film... that is my thinking. i guess the wrap type to my knowledge is thinner hence not much thing about helping with small scratch.. ala dbrand type thing for hp

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
as you all know i dont wash my car lah. so that is why i tot a clear protective film will be best for me. if a scratch or small ding, it all on the film... that is my thinking. i guess the wrap type to my knowledge is thinner hence not much thing about helping with small scratch.. ala dbrand type thing for hp
You have better go down to the shop to gather more information. You are adding a film on top of the paint surface, a hard knock from beside car door is good enough to cause a dent. For scratch, ya maybe can tahan to certain degree without touching the paint works.
Btw, the last known price doing up the ppf for whole car is similar to respray.

hellhole

Reaction score
You have better go down to the shop to gather more information. You are adding a film on top of the paint surface, a hard knock from beside car door is good enough to cause a dent. For scratch, ya maybe can tahan to certain degree without touching the paint works.
Btw, the last known price doing up the ppf for whole car is similar to respray.
yea. big bang nothing to do lah...

but you do raise a good point that replacing the film probably cost same as respray.. but time taken to do it maybe is shorter then respray?

sinistral

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
PPF can do well to absorb and spread the impacts of rock chips flying onto the car body covered with the film. PPF can 'heal' itself with heat over scratches. Think this way: what's an additional 3-5k more to cover the car with PPF if the car already cost almost 180k?

PPF does have hydrophobic properties but not as good as ceramic coating. However, CC does little to prevent dings and chips. I got some dents on my car after applying CC, I just ignore the dents, wait for more dents then just do paintless dent removal one-shot.

Best of both worlds = apply PPF first, then ceramic coating on top.

jackycar

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone actually own this car? How is the ride comfort and road noise?

Have a BMW gran tourer 216i but plan to change to this for the above 2 reasons

hellhole

Reaction score
Anyone actually own this car? How is the ride comfort and road noise?

Have a BMW gran tourer 216i but plan to change to this for the above 2 reasons
collecting end of the month..
never sat in a gran tourer... hehe...
why you dont go for GLB, GLC, etc .. price wise about the same...

jackycar

Master Member
Reaction score
collecting end of the month..
never sat in a gran tourer... hehe...
why you dont go for GLB, GLC, etc .. price wise about the same...
Also. Tried GLB didn't feel the price was justified. If I go GLB might as well keep gran tourer haha

hellhole

Reaction score
Space of Odyssey is really attractive. 3 kids and 2 helpers haha
i think you can look at the 7 seater... i think maybe better for you? as the 2 kids can sit on the 2nd row. ( 1 seat each). then the helpers can sit at the last row with coach seat

jackycar

Master Member
Reaction score
i think you can look at the 7 seater... i think maybe better for you? as the 2 kids can sit on the 2nd row. ( 1 seat each). then the helpers can sit at the last row with coach seat
nah, i want as many seats as possible. Used to have a Honda Jade 7 Seater, my BMW GT is 7 seater also, once i knock down one seat at the back for groceries u lose seats already. haha. sometimes go fetch parents also to go out with their grandkids. (hopefully soon with lockdown)

Wonder if anyone can comment on the ride comfort?

hellhole

Reaction score
nah, i want as many seats as possible. Used to have a Honda Jade 7 Seater, my BMW GT is 7 seater also, once i knock down one seat at the back for groceries u lose seats already. haha. sometimes go fetch parents also to go out with their grandkids. (hopefully soon with lockdown)

Wonder if anyone can comment on the ride comfort?
For sure you do not need to bring down a chair to put stuff. Looks like u need a lot of space.. maybe hiace? Hehe…

anyway.. I did drove it.. it’s different For me as I am on a old Toyota wish for now. But I think the ride is okay.. it’s tall… so.. the usual…

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.