hong kong protest, safe to go in oct

s7460597

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My arrival is 11am. I have booked a ticket via kowloon as i know i cannot catch the ferry from hkia. Will need a good route from hkia to kowloon ferry terminal.

1 Airport express to Kowloon station. It may be closed depending on disruptions.

2 taxi

3 Cityflyer service A21. Need to walk or transfer to get to terminal. There's a bus terminal nearby, Google for bus services.

Last edited:

oceanicmanta

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
1 Airport express to Kowloon station. It may be closed depending on disruptions.

2 taxi

3 Cityflyer service A21. Need to walk or transfer to get to terminal. There's a bus terminal nearby, Google for bus services.

Take A21, alight at or near Humphreys Ave.
Cross Nathan road, walk along Hai Phong Road, then turn right into Canton Road to get to the China Ferry Terminal. A bit of a walk but cant help it.

Hai Phong Rd is quite wide .. still ok to push luggage.

The "ferry terminal" ie Harbour City near the TST Bus Terminal infront of Star Ferry is actually for cruise ships. The fast ferry to Macau is further away from this bus terminal.

EDIT: just found that from HK friend, instead of walking, can transfer to Bus 281A along Nathan Road ... this bus goes right in front of the China Ferry terminal building.

If take Airport Express to Kowloon Station, then take KMB 281A to alight along Canton Road (1 stop), just before the ferry terminal building ... this could be faster.

Last edited:

Squaredot

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My arrival is 11am. I have booked a ticket via kowloon as i know i cannot catch the ferry from hkia. Will need a good route from hkia to kowloon ferry terminal.

Would u consider to take a ferry from Shun Tak Centre in Sheung Wan? It's nearer and more convenient from HKIA..A11 brings to you straight to the front of Shun Tak Centre.

koroshiya8

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just touched down from HK this evening.. can AMA and i will try to answer..

my trip was 31st Oct Macau and then 1st to 3rd Nov HK staying at Prince Edwards.
My pals witnessed the 31st protest at Prince, while last night there was burning at Mongkok but as i stayed nearer to Prince Edwards side, i couldnt see the fire but definitely saw protesters in black hanging around the area. Quite a heart-pumping moments when u see people running around amok.

doki81

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just touched down from HK this evening.. can AMA and i will try to answer..

my trip was 31st Oct Macau and then 1st to 3rd Nov HK staying at Prince Edwards.
My pals witnessed the 31st protest at Prince, while last night there was burning at Mongkok but as i stayed nearer to Prince Edwards side, i couldnt see the fire but definitely saw protesters in black hanging around the area. Quite a heart-pumping moments when u see people running around amok.

good experience right...this is not the normal trip will give you...enjoy the riot scene up close :s12:

beanstalk6

Reaction score
Would u consider to take a ferry from Shun Tak Centre in Sheung Wan? It's nearer and more convenient from HKIA..A11 brings to you straight to the front of Shun Tak Centre.

I agree that A11 may reach a ferry terminal faster than A21, as it takes the express route to Shun Tak Centre whereas A21 plies almost the full length of busy Nathan Road with many stops before reaching TST.

koroshiya8

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
As long as you keep your eyes and ears open, HK is safe, in fact cheap as well.. there is no ahtiong and hotels are 30-40% cheaper.
Just to add that now to go into airport you need to be a Traveller .. there is a queue to check the boarding pass and passport...

oceanicmanta

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Prudential hotel ... HKD 342 per night without BF, including tax !

Last night around Langham Place MK, more popo deployment seen from 2230hrs onwards ...

oceanicmanta

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
should be direct website since is in hkd, price should be subjected to your travel dates.

I was checking on Agoda ... yah, depends on travel dates

given current situation in HK, can get better prices if booking "last minute" .. like 1-2 weeks before.

if book earlier, may not get as good a deal

so far stayed 3 week days in HK, touchwood no issues. People just go about as usual. Streets are less crowded I feel.

Many road barriers were removed, making it much easier to cross roads or use traffic lights instead of being herded into bottleneck crossing in the past ..

CPTMiller

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
At this moment most of the hotel price is about 60% value against peak period.
Hotel.com

007Mi6

Reaction score
5 stars hotel from $60 to $100 per night only. Only in my dreams have this type of prices

wkl1987

Reaction score
was planning to visit during xmas and year end

got my ticket full refund from SQ and it is non-refundable promo ticket

SQ i love u

thank godness

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
was planning to visit during xmas and year end

got my ticket full refund from SQ and it is non-refundable promo ticket

SQ i love u

thank godness

Just wondering why HK government did not take stern military action against the protectors?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.