HoNg KoNg TrIp...Hooray!!~~

qqspot

Reaction score
revenant said:
Why is that so?
Paying S$700+ per ticket to HK unless you, last min buy ticket, are flying 1st class or business class i got nothing to say.

qqspot

Reaction score
I took CX before the service i had on a full flight is outstanding compare to other airlines.

Oh yes Dragon Air is one of the best air service i had took last year...
Got an power plug for your laptop on your chair also...

revenant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
qqspot said:
Paying S$700+ per ticket to HK unless you, last min buy ticket, are flying 1st class or business class i got nothing to say.

hmm.... currently jetstar is $848 while SIA is $888 and 1 night hotel stay is around $150. So altogether its about $1.5k for 2. Do you think I can get any cheaper if were to book through agency?

qqspot

Reaction score
revenant said:
hmm.... currently jetstar is $848 while SIA is $888 and 1 night hotel stay is around $150. So altogether its about $1.5k for 2. Do you think I can get any cheaper if were to book through agency?
revenant, buy your air tickets and book the stay at my ad@Studio Apartment 101% better then Hotels Rates!! I will help you to save a lot of money and spend more on shopping lah!!

Booking your airfares direct through online is much cheaper then agency.
If you are intrested please kindly pm me your contact numbers...

NATAS OFFERS + Jetstar Combo
All Single/Double Beds HK$120 off your stay.
Must have vaild Jetstar Tickets & only for HWZ members.
Book Now until 29 March 2007, Travel between 1 April 2007 and 31 May 2007.
Hand Guides From JetStar

rage05

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
rage05 said:
I have a pair of return ticket to Hong Kong (Jetstar Asia)

Departing From Singapore to Hong Kong Sat 12 May 2007
Departing From Hong Kong back to Singapore Sat 19 May 2007

Want to sell the pair of ticket at $450; interested parties please leave me a PM. :)
upz :s12:

BluBlur

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone has experience with rail travel from Hong Kong to Shanghai (South Railway Station)?

I have read some info from KCRC and some other googled sources. Besides the seating classes, pricing and odd/even departure days, anyone can share more info on their rail experience?

qqspot

Reaction score
dreamer75 said:
any1 been to Lan2 Fang1 Yuen2 in zhong huan?
Hi Dreamer75, i had been there tons of times. Do try their Stocking Hot Milk Tea. They are famous for it.

superman2006

Banned
Reaction score
Hi guy, just to check with you all something. As i reading a HK tour guide book, i came across that you actually can have a helicopter ride in HK. So may i know is that true? If so, then what is the cost? Thank.:)

qqspot

Reaction score
True there are helicopter ride in HK to Macau express & Flightseeing Tours.
Will be very expansive.
Check below
http://hongkong.peninsula.com/phk/location_01.html
http://www.heliservices.com.hk/price_list.php
http://www.macau-airport.gov.mo/transportation_helicopter.phtml

Read here
http://www.smarttravelasia.com/hongkong.htm

14. You could really fly of course. By far the best way to see Hongkong is from the air, and although helicopter rides don't come cheap, for a once in a lifetime experience you may well feel that one is worth the outlay. Heliservices Air Tours (tel: [852] 2488-1659, www.heliservices.com.hk) offers charters ranging from a fifteen-minute Hong Kong island and harbour highlights scenic flight priced at HK$4,250 to a one-hour tour of Hongkong island, Lantau island (including the famous giant Buddha at Po Lin monastery) and the New Terrritories for HK$12,500 (about US$1,600). Those prices are what you pay to charter the twin engine AS355N helicopter, which seats five, and if you can get a group together to fill the seats, that last trip comes down to just HK$2,500 each – a pretty fair price.

Last edited:

ahchua21

Reaction score
Hi all,

I would like to ask those who have been to YMCA International House Hotel Hong Kong. Is there any Private Bathroom attached to the Standard Room? Or issit only those Superior Room will have own bathroom? cos the official website only mentioned abt the bathroom for Superior Room but not Standard Room.

Hope you all can help me on this. THANKS!!! :o

buggerfly

Reaction score
hey guys.. need help on my schedule as im gg hk with my frens from 2-6 apr.. we are all gg for firs time so we know nuts bout where to go or is the schedule feasible.. thnx!!

day1:
flight at 645
reach at 11 i tink
hotel at mk-but how to go there?
any advice on where to go after check in?

day 2:
tung chung mtr
citygate
cafe rendezous
giant buddha- go by cable or bus better?
tst mtr
avenue of stars
anywhere else after this?

day3:
DISNEYLAND! will it b better if we buy our tix at mtr stns?

day4:
star ferry terminal
take ferry to central
蘭芳園? where is this place?
shopping
tram to happy valley
then from here how to go peak?

day5:
no idea..

sorry but i really have alot of questions to ask.. please pardon me..
1. how does the tram system work in hk?
2. any place that you guys suggest we go for shopping for 19-yo guys?
3. is there a need to buy the octupus card?

a million thanks!

s7460597

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
day 1
after check in mk, recce the area, look for lunch. get the lay of the land how to get to mtr etc. after that go to ladies street..forgot the road where there's loads of shops selling sports shoes...

day 2
after avenue of stars go HK lan kwai fong to party lor, day 1 also can

day 3
visit disneyland on weekday hor otherwise could be quite crowded. tickets can buy from internet. haven't bought from mtr before.

day4
happy valley nothering much, suggest go to wanchai, causeway bay (times square is there) instead. from there take tram back to central to get to the peak.

day5
by then would have idea of what you want. checkout the hk tourism board website for more info.

1. tram like taking bus except it's on rails.
2. shopping can go langham place, times square. everywhere in hk got shopping. depends what you interest in.
3. octopus card is very useful suggest you buy cos can pay for mtr, bus, tram, things at convenience stall like 7-11. can keep for 2 years after last top up. HK$7 deducted if return less than 1 month in use. if don't buy will end up with pocketful of coins which are heavy! also have to ask how much eh than calculate the fare for all, dig money etc. for me leh che. just tap the card and go!

lowjk

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
buggerfly said:
day3:

day5:
no idea..

Buying Disneyland tix over the net requires a credit card (you must bring the same card to claim the tix). But it is very fast; I did not have to queue at all even though it was on a Sunday/X'mas eve.

Do you play any musical instruments? May want to have a look at Tom Lee. Always felt that the Cameroon Road branch is possibly the best music store (for keys, drums & guitar) o/s of Japan.

universe

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
buggerfly said:
hey guys.. need help on my schedule as im gg hk with my frens from 2-6 apr.. we are all gg for firs time so we know nuts bout where to go or is the schedule feasible.. thnx!!

day1:
flight at 645
reach at 11 i tink
hotel at mk-but how to go there?
take Airport express to TsingYi then change MTR to Mongkok. IIRC, need to change at another MTR station.

any advice on where to go after check in?
mongkok can go fayuen street and all the nearby streets where they got 'pasar malam'
then also can go up-market shopping at tsim sha tsui (30 minutes walk). walk along nathan road IIRC to reach tsim sha tsui.

day 2:
tung chung mtr
citygate
prepare to do lots of shopping here :D
cafe rendezous
nvr go cafe rendezous b4, no comments
giant buddha- go by cable or bus better?
take cable is faster and better view.
bus is longer but is much cheaper. the last time i went, i took cable up, and bus down.

tst mtr
avenue of stars
anywhere else after this?

day3:

day4:
star ferry terminal
take ferry to central

no need to take ferry to central, nothing much about the ferry anyway, more convenient to take mtr from mongkok directly to central

蘭芳園? where is this place?
IIRC, frm central 5 mins walk

shopping

tram to happy valley
happy valley only certain period then got 'horse racing'.

then from here how to go peak?
peak is walkable from central mtr.

day5:
no idea..

sorry but i really have alot of questions to ask.. please pardon me..
1. how does the tram system work in hk?
2. any place that you guys suggest we go for shopping for 19-yo guys?
3. is there a need to buy the octupus card?

a million thanks!

see reply in quote

must get the map from the airport when u reach there.most of the places u stated are within walkable distance from the MTR station. even MTR station are very near, like jordan and mongkok are like 10-15 mins walk away only.

meanwhile u can go Hongkong tourist center in suntec to get brochures about where to go in hongkong and maps in hongkong

qqspot

Reaction score
buggerfly since you are there for 4 days, do not forgot to buy the 3 day tourist pass ticket from the MTR.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.