HoNg KoNg TrIp...Hooray!!~~

aoco

Reaction score
hi if teking AE, where i alighn? central mrt station? i staying at mong kok hotel? also from disney hotel, how i get to the air port? i last day at disney, check out at 11 am, maybe go to city gate. at 3 pm take public transport to airport from disney. but which kind ?

thanks

you can change trains at Tsing Yi stn to the yellow line then one stop later at Lai King change to the red line to MongKok. if you want to go all the way to central then be prepared for a long walk to the other stn, being there and its at least 3 times the length of the walkway at Dhoby Ghuat.
or stop at Kowloon Stn and take a taxi, should be about HK$30 to Mongkok from there.

aoco

Reaction score
i going 23-26 dec. taking cathay.. spending christmas there.. :) :) very excited... in the midst of planning itinerary...

logically, the WINs travel cost HK$50 driver tips per person. The AE cost $160. so its abt SGD $20 more for two ways... but u save 2hr going to airport and coming back, if you got a late flight, at lets say 8pm, you don't need to suit WINs travel's timing and no unnecessary waiting. u leave when u feel comfortable.. and u know for sure no jam. So actually $20bucks more better la. :)

just back last week, also took the WINS Travel airport transfer to our hotel at YMT, but didn't pay HK$50 at all. but yo are right about the long wait, it took almost 2hrs 20mins for us to get to our hotel using their coach.

ed_styler83

Reaction score
you can change trains at Tsing Yi stn to the yellow line then one stop later at Lai King change to the red line to MongKok. if you want to go all the way to central then be prepared for a long walk to the other stn, being there and its at least 3 times the length of the walkway at Dhoby Ghuat.
or stop at Kowloon Stn and take a taxi, should be about HK$30 to Mongkok from there.

You can oso check out http://www.mtr.com.hk/eng/airport_express/complom_free_bus.html
See whether there's any bus stop nearby ur hotel...

buzzmario

Reaction score
will it be better that i take AE to kowloon than take a taxi to mong kok. i got 3 of us, 2 adult and 1 child, thus it is HK$100 x plus Hk 30 for taxi= $330. thus will it be cheaper to take a taxi from the airport to the hotel?

thanks

s7460597

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
will it be better that i take AE to kowloon than take a taxi to mong kok. i got 3 of us, 2 adult and 1 child, thus it is HK$100 x plus Hk 30 for taxi= $330. thus will it be cheaper to take a taxi from the airport to the hotel?

thanks

just take direct from the airport to the hotel. it costs about the same or even less. save all the bother with transit, time and messing about with the luggage.

ed_styler83

Reaction score
Buzzmario...

1)if u first time to HK, i recommend u to take AE. Cuz to me...its the experience that counts...
2)if u talk abt saving money...then u take direct from airport cheaper...

Well its up to u

=)

buzzmario

Reaction score
Buzzmario...

1)if u first time to HK, i recommend u to take AE. Cuz to me...its the experience that counts...
2)if u talk abt saving money...then u take direct from airport cheaper...

Well its up to u

=)

it my 2nd time, last time got hotel transfer, it the time i would like to save and i with my wife and a 3 year old kid. my arrival time is at 5.15 pm, perfer to reached mong kok soon thus can start my toys shopping that every day ( heard that ctma toys shop most close at 8 plus pm). can help to confirm the cab fare and travelling time?

thanks

ed_styler83

Reaction score
it my 2nd time, last time got hotel transfer, it the time i would like to save and i with my wife and a 3 year old kid. my arrival time is at 5.15 pm, perfer to reached mong kok soon thus can start my toys shopping that every day ( heard that ctma toys shop most close at 8 plus pm). can help to confirm the cab fare and travelling time?

thanks

hm...last time i took taxi to airport from my hotel in jordan area...it cost me ard HKD285 including the tunnel and bridge charges.
it took ard 30 mins ba...shld be ard tt price ba...

hwaa

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hm...last time i took taxi to airport from my hotel in jordan area...it cost me ard HKD285 including the tunnel and bridge charges.
it took ard 30 mins ba...shld be ard tt price ba...

ard 60 singapore dollars! very expensive !!! :eek:

gokepon

Reaction score
Needing help for the below queries:

Is HK dollars accepted in Shenzhen?

Likewise is RenMinBi accepted in HK?

Cheers!

miracleman

Reaction score
Needing help for the below queries:

Is HK dollars accepted in Shenzhen?

Likewise is RenMinBi accepted in HK?

Cheers!
according to the threads i have read, renminbi will b treated equal value to hk dollar when using RMB in hong kong.

to use HKD in Shenzhen, think u need to pay certain amount of service fee, as HKD is lower than RMB now.

ed_styler83

Reaction score
According to my colleague, he went to shen zhen last year.
He told me as long as the exchange rate is HKD = RMB, they will accept but if they knew RMB is higher at the exchange rate. They will not accept.

To be safe, change some RMB ba...

=)

gokepon

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing!

Since RMB is accepted in HK, no issues with buying more RMB for shen zhen shopping!

Four more days to fly hooahhh!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.