HoNg KoNg TrIp...Hooray!!~~

dennisleu

Reaction score
noodle stalls are abundant in hongkog and even the worst one tastes a lot better than the best in Singapore.

sorry but i just find it a bit strange to look for 1 particular noodle stall to eat in hongkong.

Last edited:

miracleman

Reaction score
noodle stalls are abundant in hongkog and even the worst one tastes a lot better than the best in Singapore.

sorry but i just find it a bit strange to look for 1 particular noodle stall to eat in hongkong.
this statement i kinda agree a little bit.. but still would be nice to try their best right?

dennisleu

Reaction score
Is the stall in the photo attachment 'the best in HK'?

It is definitely worth to try 'the best'. But given the nature of the forum, most visitors just tried 1 or 2 stalls near their hotels and recommended them to be the best.

There are a dozen 'the best' noodle stalls along Nankin Street and even those which are off TST, too, serve the best noodle. :) The best noodle is everywhere in HKG.

Welcome to Hongkong. :)

ed_styler83

Reaction score
No la..not the best...alot ppl recommend only...haa...

For me..i'm heading to Yuen Long for the famous wanton mee...lol

dennisleu

Reaction score
^^ I give you a small tip then. In HK, when you order 'wanton mien', by default it is always with soup which is unlike here in Singapore. If you want it dry, please remember to inform the waiter ('for gai').
Also as a norm, their noddles and wanton are really good but the serving is usually too salty for us.

Enjoy your noodles in HK. :)

ed_styler83

Reaction score
Oh...icic...

ya tts right...cuz back in May this yr, my first trip there...my fren dunno cantonese..i know abit...thght maybe no need to use cantonese to communicate..but in the end still need it to order food and ask for direction...haa...

but this time rd things will be different! My mum is gg...hohoho...she's a cantonese...=)

limpoop

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am in HK right now, staying at Tsuen Wan, just came back from Disneyland. The weather was sunny and temp was 21 C, now at night the temp is about 18C.

dennisleu

Reaction score
Yes, but everyone I met for the past 3 days can speak Mandarin, so no problem at all.
Of course, there isn't any problem speaking English and Mandarin with the hongkongers. Those languages are taught in their schools too. Just that u need a bit of getting used to their heavy canton-accent which sometimes can be a bit amusing. :)

With the influx of people from PRC, the current HK is very much different from what I know 10years ago. You will surprised to hear people speak good accurate Mandarin even in Char Chan Teng, 7-11, fastfood outlets & restaurants.

Having said that, if you speak and understand Canton, you feel less isolated to the place.

Enjoy your stays in HK. :)

jlala7

Reaction score
limpoop...weather is sunny but cooling right? nt tt hot?

i am in hk right now. the weather is great. its not cold at all. i was wearing only a tee all day. i carried my jacket around for nothing. in fact the only place i needed a jacket is in my hotel room

miracleman

Reaction score
i am in hk right now. the weather is great. its not cold at all. i was wearing only a tee all day. i carried my jacket around for nothing. in fact the only place i needed a jacket is in my hotel room
u serious? i'll be going there this time next week.. do u think it'll be cold?? i want it to be cold!!

ed_styler83

Reaction score
miracleman...according to the weather forecast for next 10 days...nt so positive leh...its kinda warm...=)

Stay optimistic! =)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.