HoNg KoNg TrIp...Hooray!!~~

xplor3r

Reaction score
i flying over tmr morning. I saw the weather forecast and these few days will be hazy?

Hazy or pollution .. i dunno..
Anyway the weather has been fine here in Hong Kong.. temperature from 19 to 22 degree Celsius, like air-con room in the open but yet can be rather warm sometime with the afternoon sun.

Reaction score
hi guys...can tell me where to eat cheap n good seafood???

wanted to go li yu men..but i think there is meant for tourist...so sure expensive...

any suggestions? thanks!

miracleman

Reaction score
hi guys...can tell me where to eat cheap n good seafood???

wanted to go li yu men..but i think there is meant for tourist...so sure expensive...

any suggestions? thanks!
i ate at li yu men b4.. quite nice.. even tho its catered for tourists.. very unique because u go through a wet market first, then u choose, then it will be brought up in the restaurant for u to eat.. very unique.. price wise.. its really quite ex la. be sure to try the pissing prawn.. haha.. i think its called lai liu har or something like that.. when u take out of the water it will "pee" haha..

Reaction score
i ate at li yu men b4.. quite nice.. even tho its catered for tourists.. very unique because u go through a wet market first, then u choose, then it will be brought up in the restaurant for u to eat.. very unique.. price wise.. its really quite ex la. be sure to try the pissing prawn.. haha.. i think its called lai liu har or something like that.. when u take out of the water it will "pee" haha..

haha..yah the famous lai liu har...lol

i'm wondering if the rest of the seafood places are like LYM anot cuz it seems to be a HK thing to buy fresh seafood then send to restaurant to be prepared.

i'll be goin to tai - O when i go over to lantau island...dunno there got seafood anot...if non is like LYM...then i might head down to that place...hmmm:look:

Reaction score
It gotta be Saigon (not the one in Vietnam). Google the net for more info. use keywords 'hong kong saigon'.

ok...i'll go check out the place...shld be xi1 gong4 in mandarin. thnks!

PS:just googled....most of the results were this HK saigon restaurant...lol...nothing much on the place

Last edited:

reverie62

Reaction score
i just changed $$ today at parkway... one shop quote me 5.25 after some bargaining... initially only gave me 5.18...

went over to the other side and got 5.31 without bargaining...

Reaction score
i just changed $$ today at parkway... one shop quote me 5.25 after some bargaining... initially only gave me 5.18...

went over to the other side and got 5.31 without bargaining...

sorry bro...but i got 5.33 at people's park yesterday....

but then...the difference is actually not that much la...

Reaction score

jersey_21

Reaction score
So far the $$ changer at people's park remains my top preference if i need to change $$ .. Think is just opp a confectionary shop. Always alot of ppl there changing their $$ ...

Reaction score
yah..there's a few opposite the confectionary shop where many ppl visit...but dunno why...

their rates are the same as the rest...hmm

i prefer the one on the other end...sometimes they will give me more...lol

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.