HoNg KoNg TrIp...Hooray!!~~

reverie62

Reaction score
me usually change at chinatown also... but then yesterday was raining badly so boh bian had to go somewhere nearer...

find that those near the waterfall at parkway parade to have very bad rates....

and sometimes the indian stores in chinatown have better rates than the popular chinese one opp the cake shop..

Last edited:

SibehEng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
juz change my $$ at people park... rate was 5.33.. actually not realli higher by alot as i check with 1 at bugis they also offer like 5.32..

limpoop

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
u staying at tsuen wan L hotel nina towers?
Yup, the rate is good, only HK600 a night with 2 big queen beds, big LCD TV and high floor and sea-view. Bad sides are no swimming pools and far from city. Most of the guests are from China but the room is clean as it is a brand new hotel.

Tsuen Wan is not bad, there are many cheap food nearby, got 2 MTR stations and very near the airport.

SibehEng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
guys i am going to HK nxt week.. but actaully not yet realli plan abt where to go. all i knw ish stanley market, victoria peak, ladies street and temple street are some of the place of intrest.. any of u guys went be4 hk tour for ard 6D and still have your itinerary.. can send it to mi as a reference for my trip? duo xie..:)

reverie62

Reaction score
me also planning my itinerary right now...

will be going to lantau island to see the big buddha and Tai O.

also going to NT for the railway musuem and probably the wishing tree...

limpoop

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just came back from HK last night, after airline check-in, you could actually go to T2 for immigration and custom checks, the queue was much shorter, took only 5 mins for me. Then take the shuttle train to T1 for boarding.

qqspot

Reaction score
Just came back from HK last night, after airline check-in, you could actually go to T2 for immigration and custom checks, the queue was much shorter, took only 5 mins for me. Then take the shuttle train to T1 for boarding.

really depands on the queue and the rate of the flights

mrbean008

Banned
Reaction score
is there any risk tat i already book at 114 per night at L hotel nina twrs via priceline and the hotel become full or they dont want to honour the 114 rate?

I know there is 13% i need to pay.. what if the hotel wans to charge me even more?

nonoboy

Reaction score
L hotel nina book through asiatravel.com or wotif.com if you want breakfast. breakfast so so only.:s12:

nonoboy

Reaction score
me also planning my itinerary right now...

will be going to lantau island to see the big buddha and Tai O.

also going to NT for the railway musuem and probably the wishing tree...

I thought the wishing tree no longer can throw wishes up. and most of the trees are gone.:look:

mrbean008

Banned
Reaction score
L hotel nina book through asiatravel.com or wotif.com if you want breakfast. breakfast so so only.:s12:

i already book abouta month ago via priceline...how?

now juz worry tat the hotel dont wan to honour my price... 114 per night i got from priceline

Last edited:

nonoboy

Reaction score
i already book abouta month ago via priceline...how?

Depending on priceline policy, see if there are charges for cancellation. You booked rooms through priceline. Confirm back your room status with L hotel nina to make sure rooms have been reserved for you to have a peace of mind. Email them , print out any replies , may come of good use when u check-in

nonoboy

Reaction score
now juz worry tat the hotel dont wan to honour my price... 114 per night i got from priceline

In future, check with hotel beforehand to make sure other website are reliable contract partners of theirs before booking. Some website are third parties and you might run into problems.

nonoboy

Reaction score
does priceline has a bad reputation or wad??..

Sad to say , I've nvr done any bookings with priceline yet.So I cant tell. Its always a good habit to counter check with hotels after you reserved rooms with other websites.:s22:

miracleman

Reaction score
care to share your itinerary herE? lets see wat surprises u have in your trip.:s22:

ok, will share 1st 3 days only.. haha... cuz last day nv plan.. last day is more for like... filling out the blanks.

Day 1 – 23 Dec SUNDAY

• Arrive at Hong Kong
• Take Airport Express to Kowloon Station, followed by shuttle bus “K3” to hotel
• Unpack, rest in hotel, ready to go? Move out to Hong Kong Island
• Go to Causeway bay go to Maxim’s to eat dim sum
• If have time, can walk walk in Causeway bay
• By 430pm, reach Central, then walk to the Peak Tram
• Take the Peak Tram up
• Come down, take taxi to Yong Gei to meet Stella for dinner
• Depending on tiredness, can go to Mongkok for some shopping before going back to Hotel to sleep.

Day 2 – 24 Dec Monday

• Have breakfast at random Cha Can Ting near hotel.
• Take MTR to Tung Chung for some heavy duty shopping!
• Lunch at Tung Chung
• Take MTR back to TST, go to harbour city area
• Can eat at Sweet Dynasty for mid day snack/dessert
• Check out I.T. Sale Shop which is near that area as well (clothes)
• After that, walk down to Harbour City to check out the shops as well as the views. If want, can eat there as well.
• When done, proceed to Mongkok for night shopping. Argyle Centre, Fah Yuen St. all that stuff. Also, remember to go eat tian ping at the big Esprit there..
• After late night shopping done, go back hotel to rest…

Day 3 – 25 Dec Tuesday

• Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
• Morning, as usual, look for a Cha Can Ting to eat breakfast.
• Walk walk at Jordan/TST area… can check out Granville St/Esprit Factory outlet
• Alternatively can go to Central/Causeway Bay area if you want.
• Depending on which one you choose, the last day can do the other.
• Take MTR to Sham Sui Po for electronics shopping!
• Take MTR to Cheung Sha Wan, there’s a market there for shopping
• Take MTR to Lai Chi Kok for shopping
• Take MTR back to TST and go Mongkok for even more shopping!!
• Remember that can eat dinner there.. Honolulu Café, etc… check other doc.
• If you want, can go Avenue of Stars, or can just wander about.. The area near Regal Kowloon have Christmas display…
• Go back hotel to rest. Last night in Hong Kong… Sob…

miracleman

Reaction score
this is the outline... i still have two more docs on details and back up places.. haha.. this is what happens when u got nothing to do.. :)

ed_styler83

Reaction score
Hey miracle dude~!

gg to hong kong soon eh..? kekekeke...

Saw ur itinerary...hm...Can tell me where's Maxim's dim sum in causeway bay? Nice aH?

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.