HoNg KoNg TrIp...Hooray!!~~

CharmanderWong

Reaction score
thanks. do i need to have exact change?

i don't intend to buy octopus card as it won't be worth it for me. thanks
yes u do need to have exact change.

However, i dont see why its not worth to get the octopus card. Train trips are cheaper, and u get much convience. cost: hkd$50 deposit ($43 refundable, $7 admin charge for returning within 3 months from date of issue)

Do consider it.

islandFanR

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Just came back from HK, I had excess HK cash to exchange for Sing dollar... @ S$1 = 5.7 HKD... i had total of 3K of HKD to change... pm for more detail.. thanks

chacosg

Reaction score
yes u do need to have exact change.

However, i dont see why its not worth to get the octopus card. Train trips are cheaper, and u get much convience. cost: hkd$50 deposit ($43 refundable, $7 admin charge for returning within 3 months from date of issue)

Do consider it.

thanks for your reply. actually i won't be going to faraway places...probably not even crossing the seas. Since i won't be taking the airport train, is there a lower value card i can get? i'll be there for 4 days

zelldincht

Reaction score
oh wow, enjoy yr trip man!! guess it's yr 1st also....
maybe can share how it goes when u return...bon voyage !!:s12::s12:

yo thanks for your concern but luckily we did not encounter any bad weather (just slight rain) when we were there!

We went to the lantau island the day after the flood and its perfectly fine!

Oh just one friendly reminder for those going Ocean park pls PLS DRESS LIGHTLY!

ITS FREAKING HOT AND HUMID OVER THERE!

One more thing, theres a 10 percent discount offer between ocean park and ngong ping 360 until 30th Sept 2008 - when you show the ticket for the other. (Hence more worth it to go Ngongping (58-88 HKD) first then get the 10 percent discount on Ocean park (175-200HKD).

One ticket for one discount, so pls keep all your tickets!

Another thing theres also group discount for airport express train. IIRC its 60HKD each for a group of 4 for single trip. I didnt see anything on this on the webby so pls rmb to check with the counter when you are buying the tickets!

Last edited:

Fairytopia

Reaction score
yo thanks for your concern but luckily we did not encounter any bad weather (just slight rain) when we were there!

We went to the lantau island the day after the flood and its perfectly fine!

Oh just one friendly reminder for those going Ocean park pls PLS DRESS LIGHTLY!

ITS FREAKING HOT AND HUMID OVER THERE!

One more thing, theres a 10 percent discount offer between ocean park and ngong ping 360 until 30th Sept 2008 - when you show the ticket for the other. (Hence more worth it to go Ngongping (58-88 HKD) first then get the 10 percent discount on Ocean park (175-200HKD).

One ticket for one discount, so pls keep all your tickets!

Another thing theres also group discount for airport express train. IIRC its 60HKD each for a group of 4 for single trip. I didnt see anything on this on the webby so pls rmb to check with the counter when you are buying the tickets!

what kind of place is ngong ping? i never heard before.. can pls describe more??

bbqueenie

Reaction score
hi

like to check if anyone took airport bus from hk airport to stanford hotel before?
any idea which stop to alight?

many thanks...

bbqueenie

Reaction score
hi storytell

thanks for ur details. btw any landmark around the shop at nathan road?

Also like to check with all if anyone got any recommendations on what are the mustbuys for skincare or cosmetics in hk?

thanks.

kaffal

Reaction score
I trying to list out the shopping area for my trip ? can anyone help to suggest any? I looking for men clothing... Not into branded stuff?
or anyone can list out any nice shopping center in hk kwoloon and hong kong island?

Takeshi88

Reaction score
I trying to list out the shopping area for my trip ? can anyone help to suggest any? I looking for men clothing... Not into branded stuff?
or anyone can list out any nice shopping center in hk kwoloon and hong kong island?

Uniqlo at festival walk, lee thearte plaza(bside times square) and miramar shopping centre

H&M
68 Queens’ Road Central
Central, Hong Kong

rixusher

Reaction score
Can try City Gate.. the giordano very cheap.. i just came back from Hong Kong on Sunday.. got 2 Giordano jeans.. cost me only total less than $40 SGD..

If interested in Adidas.. City Gate also have.. but best to go to the stretch of shops along Fa Yuen street.. more choices. cheaper..

For branded bags like Agnes B, Gucci, LV, Anna Sui, etc.. .. can go Times Square.. :)

ed_styler83

Reaction score
Eh..looking at this thread reminds me of my previous 2 HK trips...Guess wat..i'm going again this year end..hohohoho...

I made gd of my promise...I LOVE HK! hohohoho

ed_styler83

Reaction score
Can try City Gate.. the giordano very cheap.. i just came back from Hong Kong on Sunday.. got 2 Giordano jeans.. cost me only total less than $40 SGD..

If interested in Adidas.. City Gate also have.. but best to go to the stretch of shops along Fa Yuen street.. more choices. cheaper..

For branded bags like Agnes B, Gucci, LV, Anna Sui, etc.. .. can go Times Square.. :)

Giodarno and bossini...almost everywhere oso got...

Branded stuffs can oso go TST Harbour city or Central the 3 storey LV shop...i'm gg this dec end...hohohoho...

casche

Reaction score

I went City Gate...but only bought one Adidas top for my sis...I personally feel that there isn't much at City Gate...if wan to buy branded stuff, can also go The Landmark at Central...Coach has a big store at Central too, near H&M...

casche

Reaction score
I think it should be pretty alright, except that day 1, perhaps u might want to finish walking fa yuen street before u go to the ave of stars, and symphony of lights, as they start to close at around 9pm.

Also, the clock tower, avenue of stars and the synphony of stars is around the same area, so is the star ferry terminal too. U can spend the evening there if u want to with perhaps 1 ferry ride down to wanchai / central and back.

Yes, the Symphony of Lights is really great...watched it on my 1st night there...so beautiful...worth making a trip there!!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.