HoNg KoNg TrIp...Hooray!!~~

Tristessee

Reaction score
i would be going to HK from 30 September to 4 October 2008 and never did i realise that 1 October is the National Day for China and the following 2 days are public holidays.

Would there be crowd everywhere? particularly Disneyland and cable car?
:(

Tristessee

Reaction score
Where would i be able to buy this bear in Hong Kong? Thanks.

180px-Rilakkuma.jpg

CharmanderWong

Reaction score
thanks.
for the A21 bus, is it from T1 or T2 airport?
Any idea?

Boarding is at the airport's ground transportation center, which is accessible from both T1 and T2. Just follow the signs. You might want to purchase a octopus card before u board the bus.

Actually, it dosent really matter because all arrivals will be done in T1. This means T2 is purely for departure.

Last edited:

travmufc

Master Member
Reaction score
unfortunately, yes, there will be crowds almost everywhere, and hotel prices are higher too.:(

Oh well, I will also be in HK during that period...but didn't know there is actually another 2 public holidays after that...will shops, factory outlets, attractions still be open as usual during that period?

On the bright side, any special sale or events usually held during that period? Like our NDP celebrations? :)

CharmanderWong

Reaction score
Oh well, I will also be in HK during that period...but didn't know there is actually another 2 public holidays after that...will shops, factory outlets, attractions still be open as usual during that period?

On the bright side, any special sale or events usually held during that period? Like our NDP celebrations? :)
Yup, everything will be open during that period, coz lots of mainlanders will come down and shop eat etc...

BUT, mus make very sure u leave ur oct 1st evening for the fireworks along victoria harbour! enjoy ;)

princesswenz

Reaction score
Boarding is at the airport's ground transportation center, which is accessible from both T1 and T2. Just follow the signs. You might want to purchase a octopus card before u board the bus.

Actually, it dosent really matter because all arrivals will be done in T1. This means T2 is purely for departure.

Thanks thanks!

One more thing to confirm.
If I want to go to Citygate straight from the airport, I take S1 service right?
And are the factory outlets there open on Saturdays?

atmm280378

Reaction score
Hi Charmander,

Victoria harbour is at TST or Central side?
Any idea waht time is the firework?

Thanks

Gaara1983

Reaction score
Day 1 17 Aug’08 Sunday

1200-1230 Dorsett Seaview Hotel <----tiny room, old bedsheets, service is ok, location is good
 Lunch at Yau Ma Tei / Mongkok
 Café
• 得如酒樓 油麻地上海街378號 <----old builiding but food is NICE, MUST GO!
• 美都餐室 油麻地廟街63號地下 <----old school cafe, butter rice pork chop nice, can try
• 好麵線 油麻地眾坊街59號B舖 <----did not get to try out
 Dessert
• 許留山 Dessert <----outlets everywhere, NICE, MANGO!

1330-1400 Mongkokenlarged bugis street with lotsa pple, more for eating snacks and watching around, Langham Place though, good for buying clothes is a big shopping mall located in mongkok.
 Purchase Octopus CardMust buy, can use for boats, bus, train, remember to refund @ end o trip
 Take train at Yau Ma Tei MTR and alight at Mong Kok MTR
 Snacks
• 肥姐小食店 旺角登打士街55號4A舖
 Biscuits
• 恆香老餅家 旺角彌敦道605A號新興大廈地下G5 A舖 <----closed down or relocated
• 奇趣餅家 旺角花園街 135 號地下
 Dessert
• 石磨坊: 旺角黑布街88號 <----Nice, can try

1800-1900 Temple St Night Market <----any foodstall (da pai dang) is nice! do try the roast goose, my fav!
 Take train at Mong Kok MTR and alight at Jordan MTR
 Dessert
• 松記糖水 佐敦吳松街21地下 <----closed when i was @ temple street
2200 Hotel

Day 2 18 Aug’08 Monday

1000 Breakfast

1200 Tsim Sha Tsui <----incredible seaview, rem to go G2000, cheaper than SG + summer sale
 Take train from Yau Ma Tei MTR and alight at Tsim Sha Tsui MTR
 Miramar Shopping Centre <----nothing much
 Grandville Road[
• ISO shop B, 22 Grandville rd
 Silvercord
• ISO LG61, Silvercord

 1400-1500 Lunch at Serenade Dim Sum at Cultural Centre <----affordable Nice dim sum with seaview, MUST GO
 The Sun Arcade <----nice boutique @ basement, i buy all my clothes in one shop, summer sale at that period, cutting + material nice
• Twist <----renovating
 Harbour City <----shop there if you buying branded
 Avenue of Stars <----nothing much for me, but you can walk along the pavement
 Clock Tower
 Boat tour <----cheap 40 cents + nice seaview

2200 Hotel
 Take train from Tsim Sha Tsui MTR and alight at Yau Ma Tei MTR

Day 3 19 Aug’08 Tuesday

1000 Breakfast

1200-1230 Hongkong Main Island <----a cramped island with alot slopes + mountain
 Take train at TST MTR & take Star Ferry at Star Ferry Terminal
 富豪雪糕流動車 尖沙咀天星碼頭對出巴士站 (各區流動)

1300 Central
 Lunch at Luk Yu Tea House 中環士丹利街24號地下 <----best dim sum i tried so far, vintage look + Expensive, Must go if you looking for high end dim sum
 The Landmark <----branded
 H&M <----Gap style
 Snack
• 勝香園 中環美輪街2號排檔
• 九記牛腩 中環歌賦街21號地下
 Biscuit
• 泰昌餅家 中環擺花街 35 號地下 (近閣麟街) <----NICE, MUST BUY
 Dessert
• 玉葉甜品 中環伊利近街2號i try the sesame paste, smooth~~ without the sand feeling

1600 Causeway Bay
 Take train at Central MTR & alight at Causeway Bay MTR
 Times Square
 Noodle
• 榮記粉麵 銅鑼灣糖街27號A地 下
 Dessert
• 翠苑甜品專家 銅鑼灣波斯富街83號C舖 <----cheap, nice, abit rude though, maybe because ispeak mandarin and they think i am ah tiong

1800 Victoria Peak <----solid view
 Take train at Causeway Bay MTR & alight at Central MTR
 Take bus no.15C at Star Ferry or take cab to tram station
 Take tram up to Victoria Peak

2100 Lan Kwei Fong <----tiny drinking chilling area, kinda disappointed

0000 Hotel
 Take train at Central MTR & alight at Yau Ma Tei MTR

Last edited:

Gaara1983

Reaction score
sorry all,

was kinda busy thus unable to do the pictures blogg yet.
thus i shall submit part of my iternary first.

stevenspool

Reaction score
I will be going to HK next monday for 5 nites ... staying at sheraton hotel ... apologies for not going through the pages in this thread as my internet speed is a bit slow..

any nice recommendations for shopping and eating near the hotel? where's the best place to go for IT stuff.. the place should also be near a shopping centre so that my wife can buy her clothes while i get my IT stuff. .. and any nice steamboat place?? Thanks in advance..

CharmanderWong

Reaction score
Hi Charmander,

Victoria harbour is at TST or Central side?
Any idea waht time is the firework?

Thanks

Not too sure the timing wor, both sides u shld be able to see the fireworks, just go near the harbour either along tst, central/ wanchai oso can.

Thanks thanks!

One more thing to confirm.
If I want to go to Citygate straight from the airport, I take S1 service right?
And are the factory outlets there open on Saturdays?

yup take S1 from airport. shld be open on saturdays.

I will be going to HK next monday for 5 nites ... staying at sheraton hotel ... apologies for not going through the pages in this thread as my internet speed is a bit slow..

any nice recommendations for shopping and eating near the hotel? where's the best place to go for IT stuff.. the place should also be near a shopping centre so that my wife can buy her clothes while i get my IT stuff. .. and any nice steamboat place?? Thanks in advance..

u can try golden computer center at shum shui po, but i cannot recall if theres any shopping places for clothes there. steamboat ah, normally its only sold in winter. u might have to find around for it.

Last edited:

iewich

Reaction score
im back

Hi all.....

I'm back from Hong Kong...
Thank you all for the useful information!

What i want to say is:
Hong kong weather is HOT!!!!! And need strong leg power!
Please train yourself walking under the sun in Singapore if you are going in these few days...:s13::s13::s13:

Please take note:
恆香老餅家 旺角彌敦道605A號新興大廈地下G5 A舖, the address is WRONG!!!
I search up and down for this add end up can't find the shop.
The shop had being shifted few shops further.... (sorry i didn't note down the shop no.), try walk further.... is a very small shop...... you can see the signboard.
The Lao Poh Ping is nice, big and not so sweet. Tried Wing Wah one also, their one is small and very sweet, but with individual packing.....

bun_bun84

Reaction score
Hi, can anyone advise me how to take the citybus from airport to metropark mongkok and how much it will cost. Thanks!

unkerphat

Reaction score
Hi, me and my friends are planning a trip to hong kong. we are thinking of booking a room at the dragon hostel in mongkok. is www.dragonhostel.com its real website? is it safe to pay the deposit through that website? can anyone please advise? we are afraid of getting scammed as we are not that familiar with how that hostel works. can any one who understand how dragon hostel operates with its booking confirm with me how safe is it to book thru that website? pls advise.. im really in a deliamma( spelling error =P)

Jataro

Reaction score
Please take note:
恆香老餅家 旺角彌敦道605A號新興大廈地下G5 A舖, the address is WRONG!!!
I search up and down for this add end up can't find the shop.
The shop had being shifted few shops further.... (sorry i didn't note down the shop no.), try walk further.... is a very small shop...... you can see the signboard.
The Lao Poh Ping is nice, big and not so sweet. Tried Wing Wah one also, their one is small and very sweet, but with individual packing.....

My last yr trip Hang Heung address:
旺角弥敦道579号地下1号铺 After trying this, Wing Wah and 奇华, now Hang Heung or nothing for my mum and wife.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.