HoNg KoNg TrIp...Hooray!!~~

TsQ

Master Member
Reaction score
i'm going HK for the first time in Feb, need to know where is the place to find electronics gadgets like our Sim Lim in HK? if buy hp from there, can it be used in SG?? would it be cheaper to buy electronic gadgets like digi cam, PSP frm HK compare to SG?

any place to buy haversacks in HK and would it be cheaper compare to army market?

cheaper for most , while the rest same px..

if u buy parallel imports then definitely cheaper... tourist shld get such products since not all authorise distributor gives u international warranty anyway

parallel are not illegal.. just that some big store import it from country of origin by them self and then compete with authorize importer.. when i living there, i found that the shop gave me faster and service as good as authorize dealers.

jesagal

Reaction score
cathay pacific is hving promotion for those who wanna travel fm 1/1 - 31/3 for $688 for 2 persons. offers end 28/2

darr

Reaction score
I'm gg next week. Time to up this post! ;)

Just came back. Very cool weather. Will update this post next few days on good buys such as ipod, av, clothes, cny stuff...

Last edited:

killachicken

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, would be going to HK with my partner the following week, was wondering if i can get some help from here. It would be a 5d4n trip just to hongkong itself, not planning to go shenzhen or macau unless its really recommended by you guys..
my last trip there was like 5 years ago and i more or less forgotten the place :s13:
hopefully someone can come out with an itenary(?SP) for me.
places we wish to visit and things we wish to do are:

1)shopping! not so branded brands as well as cheap stuff. agnesb, Hnm, and maybe factory outlets? read through the list of outlets. will be hoping to go to citygate and the industrial area 1
2)disneyland
3)Victoria Peak
4)ladies market/temple street
5)EATEATEAT (looking for DAN DAN AKA steamed sweet egg, roast goose, dim sum and any other typical HK fare any nice ones to recommend?)
6)huge buddha
7)any other activities you guys recommend :s12::s22:

any help is appreciated!

flagship

Reaction score
Beware of weather!! High air pollution detected! My advise stay indoor (hotel) and dont go out if possible.:s31:

oonikx

Reaction score
how bad is the haze in HK? can anyone in HK give a report..?? need to wear mask when going outdoors..?

flutty

Reaction score
Hi thinking of going end of Mar .
Is the weather good / advisable to go ?

Good time for shopping ? (understand that July - sept timing will be a better time to shop but scare got typhoo :( )

darr

Reaction score
Just came back. Very cool weather. Will update this post next few days on good buys such as ipod, av, clothes, cny stuff...

NOTABLE UPDATES:

iPod 5th Gen dock - I can't tell whether it's oem or not but it's of extremely good quality, even with the rubberised embossed logo on the bottom. HK69-88.

iPod dock with remote - Same functions as current iPod dock but build quality is mediocre. HK120.

Sandisk-alike Disney MP3 player, better than the photoframe one since both also can work as thumbdrive. Got black, white, blue pink, red. HK98 2gb.

Espirit Outlet sales - winter jackets. Bought 3. HK699-899 each. Usual ard $300++ (local current year designs).

PS3/Wii/XBox games not much cheaper (even if 2nd-hand) and many in Japanese. Shin Sangoku Musou 5 (Chinese) is HK498....perhaps will buy in next trip.

Logitech having cny sales, notably Alto Wireless HK299, Pure-fi Anytime HK699.

Warehouse sales Times Square/New World Plaza (read: easily accessible). Bought Timberland leather shoes HK390 (saw local $170++) and stuff.

Longchamp is cheap. Our current designs are their last year's designs, and easily 50% off.

Qnap/Stardom/Synology SAN enclosures are dirt cheap (ard 40-50% cheaper). Ran out of cash and luggage weight. Will get in my next trip.

UPDATES in a while

Last edited:

darr

Reaction score
Hi thinking of going end of Mar .
Is the weather good / advisable to go ?

Good time for shopping ? (understand that July - sept timing will be a better time to shop but scare got typhoo :( )

end-Mar is good weather. turning hot but still relatively cool for us.

I will forgo the so-called Aug sales. Aug is always touted as sales period, not because it's really sales but because of the bad weather. Many people will avoid Jul-Sep due to poor weather. The 'sales' is just to entice people to continue come during these periods.

You can easily find good deals anytime of the year.

I always go between Jan - May for the cool weather.

darr

Reaction score
hi all

anyone gt any recommend for hotel in macau and zhuhai?
gng with parents so probably not staying in those backpack type.

Also any places not to be missed in Macau and Zhuhai?

thanks in advance 4 any help available =p

Metropark: 4-star but cheaper than HK 3-star hotels. Middle of Macau, easily walk to many tourist places.

Metropole: 3-star but often fuly booked due to the excellent location, 5-min walk to St Paul's area. Many nice food and shopping and scenery.

darr

Reaction score
If you guys want to laze around can take a boat trip to Cheung Chau (60min normal, 30min fast ferry) or Lamma Island (45min normal along HK coast line can see Ocean Park, 30min fast nothing much to see)

However note hK beaches are relatively empty during cold weather and only start to crowd in Apr onwards.

flutty

Reaction score
just wondering are we able to find those HKG drama vcd in HKG ?
Loves HKG Drama ..... :D
Anyone has any recommendation of accessible and nt so expensive hotel in HKG ?
Budget ard S$100 - S$150 able to find ?? Understand HKG hotels are all kinda of expensive

Azzzy1234

Reaction score
Need help

Im going to hongkong on the end of jan. well ask you like is $4000hk enough for a 5day stay just for transportation, food and visit places like disneyland,macau and places of interest like the victoria peak and I'm not into shopping much, mostly sight seeing. If $4000hk is not enough how much shld I Bring? hope to hear your reply asap. Thanks

Azzzy1234

Reaction score
NEED HELP

Im going to hongkong on the end of jan. well ask you like is $4000hk enough for a 5day stay just for transportation, food and visit places like disneyland,macau and places of interest like the victoria peak and I'm not into shopping much, mostly sight seeing. If $4000hk is not enough how much shld I Bring? hope to hear your reply asap. ITS A 5D4NIGHT TRIP.

tingdong2

Reaction score
hi, anyone in hk now? i just made reservation with hotel but they didn't confirm my booking. anyone can help to call them, if not I hv to call myself.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.