HoNg KoNg TrIp...Hooray!!~~

tInk05

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have planned a hong kong trip with family on 1st Dec. As my family and i are vegetarian, just want to check if locating food for us will be difficult? And any recommended places to go?

kaypohchee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Quick reply pls anyone ????

Intending to go HK & Macau/Zuhai from around 30th Dec to 3rd Jan (inclusive) - will be making enquiries from the travel agencies as doubt can get cheap DIY Airtickets + Accomodation this late
look.gif;pv86945d776089c0e7
frown.gif;pva7c53785704671aa

Pls confirm whether any VISA required if want to pop over to Zuhai for shopping etc
[Last trip to Zuhai was more than 10 yrs ago and had also included GZ so had visa done then]

juuzbe

Reaction score
hi kaypoh, recently came across Cathay Pacific's promotion for buy 2 get 1 free. You may want to check out their websiste about this promo. As for visa, for singaporeans no visa is required for China, unless you are staying beyond 14days.

miguel_mista

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have planned a hong kong trip with family on 1st Dec. As my family and i are vegetarian, just want to check if locating food for us will be difficult? And any recommended places to go?
No. There's a sizeable demand for veggie food in HK. U can find veggie eateries along HK roads just like other eateries. U'll recognize them with their distinct display of food (paos, ngoh-hiang-looking things (actually beancurdskin products) and so on) If unsure juz ask they shop if they're 齋. I forgot if temples still serve veggie to visitors but the one at Ngong Ping sells veggie meals as a package for visitors too,
Pls confirm whether any VISA required if want to pop over to Zuhai for shopping etc
No visa required for Singapore passports for a stay up to 15 days.

slowth84

Reaction score
Ok this thread is too intense. i might need help

i am going to hong kong. there is a few things i would loveeee to know.

Firstly, When is hongkong sales month? like singapore's GSS?

I would like to get real dirt cheap dresses and shirts. CHEAP stuffs that people always go there do wholesale.
preferbly for both male and female.

THANKS!

there's yr end sales too. however it's winter season... u may be finding thicker materials then..

mpd9962

Reaction score
Ok this thread is too intense. i might need help

i am going to hong kong. there is a few things i would loveeee to know.

Firstly, When is hongkong sales month? like singapore's GSS?

I would like to get real dirt cheap dresses and shirts. CHEAP stuffs that people always go there do wholesale.
preferbly for both male and female.

THANKS!

Hi there,

Sales in HK starts in Jul and end ard late Sep to early Oct.

efeist

Reaction score
is anybody going hk during the dec period? i am travelling alone and looking for another person to go shenzhen together if possible cause shenzhen doesnt seem very safe to go there alone.

kaypohchee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi kaypoh, recently came across Cathay Pacific's promotion for buy 2 get 1 free. You may want to check out their websiste about this promo. As for visa, for singaporeans no visa is required for China, unless you are staying beyond 14days.
:s12:
Thanks - we've already booked and paid for our F&E 5D4N HK Trip tonight at a People's Park Centre Basement Travel Agency {Newly} - Just $704 all-in with taxes :
- CX flights with convenient timings [Depart Wed 30/12/09 AM and Return Sun 3/1/10 PM]
- 4N at Harbour Plaza Resort City with airport transfers
- Free Full-Day City Tour with Aberdeen, NongPing 360 SkyRail, Lantau Island etc ....
- Free Ocean Park OR Disney Tickets

My friend was saying - it was supposed to be a free & easy 'relaxing' trip for us - but looks like kinda 'jam-packed' already as also planning to pop over to Macau & Zhuhai on our own [possibly only do-able on the 4th day Sat 2nd Jan] as that leaves Ocean Park to the 3rd day Fri New Year's Day - followed by the Peak & Md Tussaud's after Ocean Park [really dreading the huge crowds there !!!]
Hope we won't experience 'horrific human jams' at the end of our free City Tour ending around 4 pm at the TST Area on the 2nd day or New Year's Eve - would like to be able to make it back to our hotel and watch the New Year countdown from the TV comfortably :D :s13: maybe have fun "cooking/heating up" our own 'supper' in the room kitchenette etc ......

Think not too bad a deal here
CX flights too at this time of the year etc .....
The hotel rooms are pretty big too and shopping etc nearby .....
Not that bad as have hotel shuttle bus in addition to public transport

Last edited:

alex666

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks - we've already booked and paid for our F&E 5D4N HK Trip tonight at a People's Park Centre Basement Travel Agency {Newly} - Just $704 all-in with taxes :
- CX flights with convenient timings [Depart Wed 30/12/09 AM and Return Sun 3/1/10 PM]
- Free Full-Day City Tour with Aberdeen, NongPing 360 SkyRail, Lantau Island etc ....

My friend was saying - it was supposed to be a free & easy 'relaxing' trip for us - but looks like kinda 'jam-packed' already as also planning to pop over to Macau & Zhuhai on our own [possibly only do-able on the 4th day Sat 2nd Jan] as that leaves Ocean Park to the 3rd day Fri New Year's Day - followed by the Peak & Md Tussaud's after Ocean Park [really dreading the huge crowds there !!!]
Hope we won't experience 'horrific human jams' at the end of our free City Tour ending around 4 pm at the TST Area on the 2nd day or New Year's Eve - would like to be able to make it back to our hotel and watch the New Year countdown from the TV comfortably :D :s13: maybe have fun "cooking/heating up" our own 'supper' in the room kitchenette etc ......

you stay until so far...... but you very near wetland park...........

thewiseone

Master Member
Reaction score
They have a packaged deal with Harbour Plaza hotels. If u top up a $100 more, u can get Harbour Plaza Metropolis @ Kowloon, a 1min walk from KCR East TST. It should be more accessible and considering that tickets are fully booked for Dec travel, this is pretty much a good deal.

you stay until so far...... but you very near wetland park...........

efeist

Reaction score

Looks like you will be able to catch the new year eve count down fireworks as well!

storytell

Reaction score
hmmm i am just planning to go to victoria habour on that night to taken some photographs :)

I personally find that the scenry there is not bad... do catch the evening timing when the sunset as well, nice shot, You can Also catch the night view Do get the nice spot.

tequilablue82

Reaction score
if u guys are in the romantic mood with good fusion food and great views of the whole Victoria Harbor... u guys can go to hotel panaroma's santa lucia restaurant which is at the top level at 38th floor. prices are... errr... abit steep though. 1 person 100SGD at least for a dinner set. but the food.. wooooooooo~

oh ya.. they have a bar for drinks only.. so u can skip the expensive dinner. go around 9pm would be good when the dinner crowd leaves and gurantee yourself a window seat to view the lightings. dont go too late because about 10pm onwards they will slowly switch off some lights of the victoria harbor to save electricity.. ha

kaypohchee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hmmm i guess it would be worth it for some cool photographs, only thing is will disneyland be cooler during the NYE countdown? :p

"cooler" - hmmmm it's wintertime u know :s11:

I'm now thinking whether we should just hang around/explore TST Area after they drop us off the Full-Day City Tour at around 4 pm at TST on our 2nd Day or New Year's Eve ....
then just take the [pre-arranged] free ferry over to Lamma Island maybe at around 4.30 pm for the Rainbow Seafood Dinner [only HK$300 per pax - minimum 2 pax] - so can still be on Return Ferry to watch the 8pm Symphony of Lights Show while still at sea [since whole Ferry-Dinner trip supposed to be 4 hours here ... yay good idea or not ??? :) ;) :D]

Then after Symphony of Lights - hope can still take MTR or even shuttle etc bus 'easily without too much human jams' back to our Hotel to watch countdown on TV COMFORTABLY [we've been warned against squeezing with the Countdown Crowds as simply 'IMPOSSIBLE TO MOVE' situations :eek: :s16::(]

efeist

Reaction score
I havent really research much about my trip yet so i would leave that to the experts like tequila to answer u but u are not planning to visit lamma island for the other attractions? I thought lamma island has some nice attractions for the family goers

kaypohchee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I havent really research much about my trip yet so i would leave that to the experts like tequila to answer u but u are not planning to visit lamma island for the other attractions? I thought lamma island has some nice attractions for the family goers

Well maybe not since I'm NOT a 'family-goer' - since I've already more-or-less decided also NOT to pop over to Macau for this very short 5D4N HK trip [since 2nd day/New Year's Eve ALREADY taken up by that free/included Full Day City Tour covering Repulse Bay, Aberdeen, Lantau Island/Nong Ping 360 Sky Rail Ride, Avenue of Stars at TST plus another day for OCEAN PARK [free included tickets] + one late afternoon-evening for the Peak/Md Tussaud's on our own expense]
We'll play by ear I guess ...... limited timing =:p

Was thinking to do Macau-Zhuhai on another trip and STAY at the Venetian if possible hehehe :D must watch out for REAL OFFERS there ......

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.