Honor 50 with full native GMS ( to launch in UK on 27 Oct 2021 )

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
counting down...............

Haha, I thought you do not need GMS.

I just bought a Realme X50 5G at S$399 from Challenger to replace my aging Huawei P20. I do need GMS.

Honor 50 does look pretty interesting. Hopefully more Honor phones with GMS will come into Singapore.

Probably I will replace the battery of my P20 and hopefully Harmony OS will go to Singapore as well for the P20 in the future.

I have also applied to get the testing of Harmony OS for my China set of Huawei tablet (Mediapad M5 8inch Youth Edition).

Reaction score
Haha, I thought you do not need GMS.

I just bought a Realme X50 5G at S$399 from Challenger to replace my aging Huawei P20. I do need GMS.

Honor 50 does look pretty interesting. Hopefully more Honor phones with GMS will come into Singapore.

Probably I will replace the battery of my P20 and hopefully Harmony OS will go to Singapore as well for the P20 in the future.

I have also applied to get the testing of Harmony OS for my China set of Huawei tablet (Mediapad M5 8inch Youth Edition).
Wow! Quite amazing your P20 lasted till today đź‘Ť

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wow! Quite amazing your P20 lasted till today

I bought it in Dec 2018 with SingTel contract so it is still okay. It replaced my previous main Apple iPhone 6S bought in Sept 2015.

I actually bought a Huawei Nova 5T Kirin 980 with SingTel contract in Jan 2020 as a potential backup phone. It is among the last batch of Huawei phones to have GMS.

But then the battery of my father-in-law's Huawei Nova 3i was dead so I passed the Nova 5T to him. Later I got the Nova 3i battery replaced and it becomes a family spare phone.

I got quite some Huawei stuff. It is a pity that they can not get GMS for the new phones. It is great that Honor can start to offer new phones with GMS.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I bought it in Dec 2018 with SingTel contract so it is still okay. It replaced my previous main Apple iPhone 6S bought in Sept 2015.

I actually bought a Huawei Nova 5T Kirin 980 with SingTel contract in Jan 2020 as a potential backup phone. It is among the last batch of Huawei phones to have GMS.

But then the battery of my father-in-law's Huawei Nova 3i was dead so I passed the Nova 5T to him. Later I got the Nova 3i battery replaced and it becomes a family spare phone.

I got quite some Huawei stuff. It is a pity that they can not get GMS for the new phones. It is great that Honor can start to offer new phones with GMS.
Great stuff. I too share your sentiments. Have been a huawei fan but sad that no more GMS.

bakayarou

Reaction score
for those of you who wants to buy Honor 50 from Honor Malaysia given webpage....you can buy.....

The language support is the same as those Huawei/Honor phones that sell in Singapore

There is a C636 written in the build number......this C636 is for asia pacific variant one.......your existing Huawei/Honor build number will show C636 too

Watch the below video, this C636 is show at 10.52 minute.

zaizai66

Reaction score
for those of you who wants to buy Honor 50 from Honor Malaysia given webpage....you can buy.....

The language support is the same as those Huawei/Honor phones that sell in Singapore

There is a C636 written in the build number......this C636 is for asia pacific variant one.......your existing Huawei/Honor build number will show C636 too

Watch the below video, this C636 is show at 10.52 minute.

How to buy from Honor Malaysia webpage? They only deliver in malaysia

phiber

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone knows where can buy the global version of honor 50?

Can get export set from Europe, SGD$900 for 6/128, $1100 for 8/256.
No warranty though.

Honor 50, they also don't have the Honor 50 Pro.

Qualcomm Snapdragon(TM) 778G with full Google Services, not some hacked in stuff.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.