Horrible experience with confinement nanny - Wong Siew Chin

meatballs

Reaction score
Hello all,

I would like to post this to inform all of the horrible experience with confinement nanny - Wong Siew Chin from Pxx agency, one of the biggest confinement centres in Singapore. First day of confinement she was all over the place when she just came to our house. Being the first-timed parents, we needed more guidance from this hired confinement nanny however her anxiousness and unclear instructions caused my wife and I to have problems settling smoothly during the first day back. In any case, we believed this was more of a miscommunication issue and the first day would usually be a little messy. However, things got worse on the fourth day.

During that night, we found out she was mistreating our baby. I wasn't sure why I couldnt sleep at 3-4am and wanted to check my baby out through the installed baby monitor in my baby's room and to my horror, I found out she was doing some elbow movements by lifting the baby up, dropped the elbow abrupty causing my baby's head to free fall onto her elbows and then leaving my baby's head dangling out of her elbow with no support on his neck. She did this elbow action for more than 10 times and there was a time where my baby nearly fell out of her hand because she nearly fell asleep. Funny thing is, during day time she could still pinpoint all the mistakes my family members had while carrying the baby and yet she could do all those elbow actions and left my baby's head dangling out. Unacceptable! After finding out she was mistreating the baby, we had to let her go immediately. The agency was kind enough to refund us back the money upon reviewing the videos we sent of the mistreatment.

To add, there were other nights where she overslept and missed the baby feeds, which we had to monitor her movements closely. Not too sure what's the point of hiring confinement nanny if we had to keep reminding her.

It's truly up to you if you would want to hire her as nanny, however, I have to inform of my negative experience with her.

Wong Siew Chin is from Malaysia.

Last edited:

focus1974

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
WTF..

confinement nany ..sibei xiong..

need to 24hours take care baby ..still need to cook confinement meals for the mother..

Never die from over exhaustion is a miracle.

The mother kept sleeping all the way thru ... ?
how come at night.. mother never take care of baby.. ask nanny sleep with her?

flatterylies

Master Member
Reaction score
WTF..
need to 24hours take care baby ..still need to cook confinement meals for the mother..

hello. why don’t u ask where’s the father ? mother needs to recover from the birth. u try losing all the blood from giving birth la.

Grieffin

Banned
Reaction score
WTF..

erm u just sexpose your bbfa roots..

confinement nanny is hired to let mother rest for one month after super exhausting delivery.

Grieffin

Banned
Reaction score
Most confinement nanny got issues one. Either talk too much, or too bossy, or rough with baby or cook too salty. Overpaid and cause more stress usually. If can try to go confinement centers or get in laws to help.

Mistranslated

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Confinement nannies story are a dime a dozen. Heard so many horror stories from frens and personally experienced too.

If buay gum just send her back and change another one loh. No choice de

Kaylin

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
since u said she did those elbow movement thingy, record a video as proof otherwise how u gonna raise a dispute?

sk0065

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I also used pem last time - the nanny was good.
My wife rested well.

Plus, the nanny machiam zichar store chef - even I had a great 28 days eating.

very Heng sway one.
unless pay extra to choose someone reputable - if not is company assign.

Kaylin

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Most confinement nanny got issues one. Either talk too much, or too bossy, or rough with baby or cook too salty. Overpaid and cause more stress usually. If can try to go confinement centers or get in laws to help.
TS one is from confinement centers ma, somemore this one seems very famous, lots of influenzas use them. maybe TS's wife is influenza?

begintoend

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
last time get nanny is word of mouth

now is agency... no wonder so sexpensive liao

jack-320

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Won't happen

If you have your parents / SO's parents to take care of your baby

That is only if they are willing to take care

Of course circumstances differ

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.