Hospital Bill use which credit card to pay?

carolliang

Reaction score
HI, i have a hospital amount to 10k, can check which credit card can be use to pay to get cash rebate?

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
HI, i have a hospital amount to 10k, can check which credit card can be use to pay to get cash rebate?
Are you looking at applying a new card or you are checking based on the existing cards that you have?

sohguanh

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Amex TCB should enjoy cashback
For 10k such big amount I believe there should be better cashback card. I focus on small spending so cannot advise. Wait for the big spender readers in this forum to offer their advice.

sglandscape

Reaction score
For 10k such big amount I believe there should be better cashback card. I focus on small spending so cannot advise. Wait for the big spender readers in this forum to offer their advice.
Most spend on hospitals are excluded from cashback and miles but would leave it to the others to comment.

ThreeSteps

Reaction score
If want to maximise cashback & willing to work harder, can try to pay in smaller portions instead of pay one-time one lump sum $10k, use different cards or use same card pay over 3 months to avoid any cashback caps.

CaptainWu

Reaction score
I have paid through HealthHub by SCB and HSBC card both so far with cashback awarded ok.

I remember someone in one of the forum mentioned that must pay through apps as over the counter with different MCC so would not awarded, you may search through to verify.

carolliang

Reaction score
the bill is to pay to NUH.

I have some card like AMex True Card, SCB Unlimited Card, UOB one Card, Manhattan card, HSBC advance card etc.. So wan to know which one more worth it. Need to pay all on same day. but can spilt into two or more credit card

ekardo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am clocking to Citi rewards via amaze card to earn 10x points..

since so many credit card excluded healthcare..

might not be the best...

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the bill is to pay to NUH.

I have some card like AMex True Card, SCB Unlimited Card, UOB one Card, Manhattan card, HSBC advance card etc.. So wan to know which one more worth it. Need to pay all on same day. but can spilt into two or more credit card
Can tell the hospital u paying the bill via healthhub, bill will only be reflected on healthhub a couple of days later. Healthhub is mcc 8099, not excluded on any of the cards. Can split to pay using different cards.

From your existing cards can get 3% on Manhatten card for max $6666.67 in a quarter. Clock to uob one quarterly spend. Max out hsbc advance with $2800 spend in the month.

It is online spend, can get 5% on citi smrt, effective 6.67% on uob evol, 5% on dbs livefresh etc.

Last edited:

ekardo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can tell the hospital u paying the bill via healthhub, bill will only be reflected on healthhub a couple of days later. Healthhub is mcc 8099, not excluded on any of the cards. Can split to pay using different cards.

From your existing cards can get 3% on Manhatten card for max $6666.67 in a quarter. Clock to uob one quarterly spend. Max out hsbc advance with $2800 spend in the month.

It online spend, can get 5% on citi smrt, effective 6.67% on uob evol, 5% on dbs livefresh etc.
does it means it's also not excluded for OCBC 365 card?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.