How come every morning many boomers queuing up for the free newspaper distribution at mrt stations?

starry_starry_night

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Take already sell karang guni for morning kopi lui or they really so despo for the daily dose of propoganda?

Lchlch

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
some no jobs, some retired, some already grandparents, they wake up early, exercises and at the same time, get free paper to read.

Joe Maya

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Funny thing is if they just go later there won't be any queue.

In fact, if you pass by the auntie handing out the free paper, she will force to give newspaper to you even if you don't want it.

Boomers really like to queue for fun.

georgemcics

Banned
Reaction score
They want to get the news at the fastest time so can come edmw open breaking thread

tokong

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
They are very early one. You go at a later time they would be gone. Basically they enjoy queuing before the newspapers arrive. Still unfathomable to me up to this day.

whatmeworry

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
News paper is the most useful item.

1) use it as a layer between dirty chair or bird shietted benches in the park.

2) use it as a layer on the table to eat food, to polish brass figurines, to clip fingernails, etc.

3) emergency toilet paper in case the park/hawker center toilet don't have free tissue paper.

4) stack up a few copies, can use it as a pillow to sleep in public benches.

5) roll it up can use a weapon to chase away dogs, or even to fight each other after drunk.

6) use it to clean house windows, or car glasses.

7) use it as a temporary cover on motorcycle seat under the hot sunshine, to prevent the seat from becoming super hot.

8) can read about the news on useless opposition, and know to vote for PAP in 2024 election.

iamnew

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Boomers do not subscribe to digital Straits Times. Anything free, they will take. Do you really think all lao boomers know how to read English? 😆

deathan9el

Senior Mentor
Reaction score
me feels that it's just a reason for them to get out of the house

sometimes me saw them like very eager to get one, not that it's wrong laa but really showed that they are very keen to read the news of the day ☺️

& me have yet to start on them peeps to go to ntuc mart just for the a/c or to browse aimlessly :/

matrix05

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Which MRT and what time? Ever since SPH killed off Today's, to save 160, no more papers

dezzo69

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my MIL last time like to kio coz she need it at home to do chores.

then more and more hard to get then she gave up.

good also lah she got hoarder mentality knn.

ramlee

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
Funny thing is if they just go later there won't be any queue.

In fact, if you pass by the auntie handing out the free paper, she will force to give newspaper to you even if you don't want it.

Boomers really like to queue for fun.
Wait go late already no more how? :(

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.