how come in california their land so big but their house so expensive?

heroking

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my friend from cali tell me their house very expensive sia but their land so big not like sg land so small why their house expensive leh?

Krabs.

Honorary Member
Reaction score
city vs rural

rural lots of farmland.... city their land layout is grid form , everybody want drive in their car , not high apartment

Tony.Manero

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my friend from cali tell me their house very expensive sia but their land so big not like sg land so small why their house expensive leh?
Only certain areas rah. You go ulu places its not as expensive :vijayadmin:

heroking

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
their kampong area is it anyone can build their house no need approval from govt?

DragonFire

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
their kampong area is it anyone can build their house no need approval from govt?
There are building codes to adhere to. They vary from state to state. Inspector will come to verify compliance.
California is one of those with stricter regulations btw. Especially to do with safety and water conservation measures.

chickenpiez007

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
because many of their houses will underwent burn-down annually......their forest fire not infamous for nothing.....that would explain why their houses so 3xp....gotta rebuild and rebuild....that's why....

Balian

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
they can't / don't build skyscrapers like in sg
housing demand fueled by tech employees $

C_boliao

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Their tradespeople command real salaries, unlike the overworked, under-protected peons here.
Many people opt to DIY their own houses over there. Get a pro in to pour the foundation and main sewer connection. Other parts slowly DIY out of timber.
Really salute those people.

Koenig168

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Probably because they actually own the land and not just rent for 99 years. :LOL:

fzhfzh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Depends on where you talking about. If near sf or good areas of LA, there’s not much usable land. In far flung places it’s cheap but you drive 3 hours to work.
My 2500 sqft house in sf Bay Area now worth 3m already.

nez

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Singapore practically almost everything “small” but extremely expensive

die

Master Member
Reaction score
inner area is xxx is because the land ard is control by the rich ...
they got many ways to block ppl from getting building permit lol

outer area not xxx ... but need to drive long hours loh ...

Last edited:

EDMW-Hates-Me

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hollywood and many big companies there. Weather is sibeh shiok. But too expensive, people are moving away liao.

Kunkka

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
They cannot build high cuz of the earthquake risk and zoning laws. All have nimby attitude

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.