how much salary would be sufficient for a single sinkie in early 30s???

batuchka

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
tbh it all depends on one's lifestyle and what one deems as a need and a want IMHO? chui 24/7 only jiak DTF, drive Meserati, wear 5 figs watch celery must be atas level also haha

Last edited:

tinybreeze

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
30yo in 2021. Minimum $5k

Ideally $7k.

Anything lower than $3.5k as a 30yo = Low SES and can't do shìt.

virtualape

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
0 financial commitment, at the least $4k. eat better quality food. its for health reasons. cai png though cheap isnt exactly healthy with all the oil. exercise to keep fit.

remember, if you remain alone till old, dont expect anyone to look after you when you fall sick. thats when the savings come in useful.

if still remain healthy at say 60, then you can splurge. go hang flower, be sugar daddy etc.

Strained

Reaction score
I eat caifan and don't have much expenses. I'm willing to work hard so that I can splurge when I travel.

吃喝拉撒
If live in 2 room HDB, Eat cai ping, no holiday, no car, no condo, no GF, no need take care parents.

If you want to have the basic things and at the same times be well insured against health crisis and also save up enough for retirement. (meaning can retire at 65)

I think you need at least $4-5k.
3-4k Can sustain but you might not be able to retire at 65 and you may also fall short on insurance or saving for retirement.

hachi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My char siew frd alr semi retired living with his parent 3 rm hdb during poly. He always splurge on air tickets but did not go travel as he got no money. Now 40, less than 1.5k a month, work 1month, rest 4 months.. .

maniamcool

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
7-8k

4k should be your starting pay lol

don't know why people here say 30s then get 4k wtf

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.