How to buy steam games cheap

BlurKillerEX

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Bro, have you found a solution for this yet? I want to buy Borderlands 3 from Brazil store cos its the cheapest now. Can I still use USA steam wallet credits like the other bros have used here?

I tried steam with VPN but none of my payment method worked. But I managed to get borderlands 3 for $7 via epic store, can VPN to Russia and use any CC/DC to pay.

Aaagogo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
for those that still want to change region to buy cheap games, i have tried and am still using this method, but as usual, YMMV

you need 2 different PC to "bypass" steam detection that you are changing region for cheap games.

first on your main gaming PC, make sure you are logged into steam, both in browser and in game app, then DO NOT LOG OUT.

use the 2nd pc to login again with VPN to change your region from the web browser, i changed mine to turkey.

your main pc will now auto update to reflect the new region store.

now to easily bypass the pesky requirement payment with a region credit card, just go to the online store of your choice and buy steam gift cards and load your account that way.

for my turkey region switch, i use https://www.trendyol.com/sr?q=steam&qt=steam&st=steam&os=1 and they have 10% off the steam gift cards every so often, making the games even cheaper.

i just leave my account now in the turkey region.

Last edited:

CyberMew

Master Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
for those that still want to change region to buy cheap games, i have tried and am still using this method, but as usual, YMMV

you need 2 different PC to "bypass" steam detection that you are changing region for cheap games.

first on your main gaming PC, make sure you are logged into steam, both in browser and in game app, then DO NOT LOG OUT.

use the 2nd pc to login again with VPN to change your region from the web browser, i changed mine to turkey.

your main pc will now auto update to reflect the new region store.

now to easily bypass the pesky requirement payment with a region credit card, just go to the online store of your choice and buy steam gift cards and load your account that way.

for my turkey region switch, i use https://www.trendyol.com/sr?q=steam&qt=steam&st=steam&os=1 and they have 10% off the steam gift cards every so often, making the games even cheaper.

i just leave my account now in the turkey region.
I don’t think this is working? How did you change the region without the region credit card?

Ah Ken

Reaction score
Just checking in, I think recently Steam Valve tighten and change the rules for location/region changing. I have a friend trying to follow my method but had failed to done so. Any updates from anyone still keeping up with this?

Chavvo

Reaction score
Safe option is find seller on carousell and ask for discounted price on the game you want. Then add friend and he gifts to you. Letting seller log on your account is kinda risky honestly.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.