How to choose the best unit (or avoid the worst unit) in a condo

ThinkCarefully

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
###

People are very strange...

Now trying to quantify if staying next to highway, hearing, pollutants and health worth 100k or 200k less in price?

To me, it is very clear... my health and my family health, I treasure, so this is no no.

That being said, if I have to choose between sleeping on the street or staying in a unit next to highway... then I have no choice...

Hopefully, I don’t have to be in that situation...

###

Last edited:

wetdreamx

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yeah bro less profit, cos majority of times the less ideal facing comes cheaper. I was trying to find this case study an agent shared one mid floor pool view vs one high floor road facing - during launch the pool view was sold at 100k more, upon resale market transaction it only went for 20k difference hence the road facing unit profited more.
Heard of such case study too. Entry price is important.

Falafell

Reaction score
I did a similar test too, just to confirm, is ur conclusion also that the noise level is significantly reduced once we reached 20 floors up? Cos this was my deduction - busy road or otherwise.
Thats what I found. But I do think that the findings might be different if say theres another property opposite the road that is the same height as the one you are in that might allow for more reverberation up to 20th floor (need to investigate haha). But generally, sound pressure level should decrease with height as there is energy loss.

Maybe the reason why the bros here all shared differently could be due to the fact that frequency of noise matters very much as well. Our ears are very sensitive to medium-high frequencies (~4000Hz) as compared to low or very high frequencies. So when a ‘zng’ car rev, the noise is very irritating to our ears.

Hyphos

Master Member
Reaction score
If lvl 2 but the balcony facing park/garden, can consider buying for investment? Not sure if easy to sell next time.

wetdreamx

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If lvl 2 but the balcony facing park/garden, can consider buying for investment? Not sure if easy to sell next time.
If cheaper by $40-50k vs pool view, some prefer greenery and save money de will surely buy.

bolster

Master Member
Reaction score
True true, my friend stay patio greenery facing shiok, always get insects of all types. Can be Pokémon master.

Units facing the pool seldom has birds issue. Maybe the light reflection from the pool deter the birds from nesting or resting at the units.

Facing the greenery units, be prepare birds feces bombarded your aircon ledge or bird nesting. Indirectly, the feces will attract ants or pest if it is not clear regularly.

rider83

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Ppl can look into your house? I wont be interested but if the location is super good or price good can consider.

Subprimer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hehe cos your next buyer may mind.
imztVSW.jpg

zAAHbxa.jpg
this is really sharp pointy structure!

wonder facing army camp is equally bad?

Taloona

Master Member
Reaction score
My friend lives on the 5th floor facing the clubhouse. She can hear the noise from party goers when the function room is used, especially if there is loud music.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.